InhaledFreq 1st documented grow (2nd actual grow) Popcorn bagseed Indoor closet cfl's

Re: InhaledFreq 1st documented grow (2nd actual grow) Popcorn bagseed Indoor closet c

You should put a pic of the gnarly one, in for plant of the month
She don't want to go, she'll put on a grow to avoid the ignomious dump
No such thing as ugly marijuana but that one is barly pertty
Was up to me I'd shine a light and see if it's got what it takes for the city

Pre-Update

^ Thanks to all for the comments! :grinjoint:

I have not posted any updates in a couple of days... On a personal level, a lot has been going on, and my circumstances have changed quite drastically in the past 48 hours. This grow project will undoubtedly be affected.

Quick update on the plants: All the plants are looking good, even the twisted deformed seedling has new growth. Many of the seedlings are no longer seedlings, they are getting really big, pics tomorrow... Also, the buds on Jeri Main blew up, in just a few days time they are almost twice the size they were, again more pics tomorrow... Also tomorrow, I'll tell all the gory details of what has changed and what it means for the future of this project (the perpetual micro-harvest project). For now, I'm smoking out and passing out! :smokin:

UPDATE - Major Changes

UPDATE

There will be some major changes to this grow... :loopy:

I have good news and bad news and more good news.

good news: I made some revisions to the grow closet today. I replaced the fan, added chicken wire guards to the lights and fixed the power cable problem.
growCabRevisions-01.jpg

growCabRevisions-02.jpg

growCabRevisions-03.jpg

the bad news: I'm going to finish out these plants and then terminate this grow. I just learned that my job will be requiring me to re-locate in about a month. I currently rent, so I'm going to have to tear out the grow cabinet and put the closet back how it was before I move.

more good news: I'll be moving to a major city that will have plenty of hydro shops. I'll also be living alone (my wife will be staying in this town for a few months until my company tells me if the move is permanent or not), so I will be able to grow more plants in a larger space... hopefully with hps this time and may experiment with some Deep Water Culture as well. I still would like to try the perpetual micro-harvest thing but if I have more room, fuck that, I'm going all out! :grinjoint:

I will continue to update this journal. Jeri Main will finish flowering soon and then I will start flowering all of these other 20 plants.

I updated my old grow closet and moved all 20 plants (+4 seedlings) to that closet where they will veg for a couple more weeks.

The new grow closet will be modified and all 3 levels will be used as flowering shelves. Some flowering will also be done in the old closet as well. Most of the pics below were taken before I got the lights in place, the last pic shows it as it is now. And yes I'll be removing the foil from the walls. ;)
seedlingsInNewHome-01.jpg

seedlingsInNewHome-02.jpg

seedlingsInNewHome-03.jpg

seedlingsInNewHome-04.jpg

seedlingsInNewHome-05.jpg

seedlingsInNewHome-06.jpg

Jeri Main has really started to swell up... Here's some pics of her yesterday while she was in the old grow closet waiting on her house to be remolded.
JeriMainInTempHome-01.jpg

JeriMainInTempHome-02.jpg

Here are some pics of her back in her home...
These pics were taken today.

Week 5 of Flowering
JeriMainWk4-B-01.jpg

JeriMainWk4-B-02.jpg

JeriMainWk4-B-03.jpg

JeriMainWk4-B-04.jpg

JeriMainWk4-B-05.jpg

JeriMainWk4-B-06.jpg

JeriMainWk4-B-07.jpg

I really didn't have a goal for Jeri Main starting out, It's a little late in the grow, but I'm thinking a goal of 28g would probably be good to shoot for. :smokin: I really love this LST shit, I can't wait to try topping and then LSTing.

Sorry such a long post... Lots of info th share. :grinjoint:
Once again it's about 3:25am and I'm smoking a bowl and "hittin' the hay" (as they say in Texas). :smokin:
:bong:

Re: InhaledFreq 1st documented grow (2nd actual grow) Popcorn bagseed Indoor closet c

^ Thanks! ...yeah, even with the chicken wire I've already burned one of her fan leaf fingers with the light. ;) It does keeps the lights off each other and off the wall though, so I'm not complaining. :grinjoint:

Update

Update

Jeri Main has continued to burn on her leaves so I did a full flush tonight right before putting her to bed.

I flushed with 7 quarts total. Most of the flush was done with distilled 6.8 pH water and then, for the last bit of the flush, I fed her a little bit of 1/2 strength Orchid Bloom Boost 11-35-15 w/ minor elements.

I tested the last bit of runoff after feeding and it was 6.2-6.3 according to this fish water tester strip thing.

This will probably be the last feeding, maybe one more depending on how fast the soil dries out between the next couple of waterings, I'll probably just be watering with only pH corrected water from here on out.

I think she is 2-3 weeks from finishing. Some of the hairs have started to turn red and curl up and she is starting to smell. Lots of clear trics standing up looking like little clear mushrooms. :grinjoint:

Her smell is kind of like rotting sweet oranges, very interesting smell. :smokin:

here's pics, taken tonight...
JeriMain2ndFlush-01.jpg

JeriMain2ndFlush-02.jpg

JeriMain2ndFlush-03.jpg

JeriMain2ndFlush-04.jpg

JeriMain2ndFlush-05.jpg

JeriMain2ndFlush-06.jpg

JeriMain2ndFlush-07.jpg

JeriMain2ndFlush-08.jpg

You know, I said Jeri Main smells like rotting sweet oranges, but the more I smell it, her smell really reminds me more of rotting sweet cantaloupe, odd... :smokin:

Update

Update

A couple of days ago I installed the blue 4" fan in the veg room using the same setup I had in the flower room, except I mounted it flush.
newVentFan.jpg

The only problem is that the daytime temps are holding at about 80° F and I still need to install three 4' shop light fixtures, two 24" florescent tubes and a couple of CFL fixtures. I'm afraid the fucking thing will be 95° F by the time I get all that lighting in there. So this is a temporary fix until flower time, then a larger faster fan must be installed.

The "seedlings" are getting pretty large. I'm about to transplant all of them to larger containers very soon.
AlmostReady-01.jpg

AlmostReady-02.jpg

the plant in the top-left corner of the photo below is "Twisty", the seedling that almost died and then came back all twisted and deformed... I just transplanted it (and 3 others) from the jiffy pot things a couple of days ago. It looks like it has some new growth and the twisted leaves are dead and falling off.
AlmostReady-03.jpg

Jeri Main continues to sit around and get fatter every day... just like my wife. Baa-zing! j/k :grinjoint: ;)
Will post pics of her tomorrow (the plant, not my wife :smokin: )... It's 2:45am I should probably sleep :snooze: at least some tonight, I think I might be a little delirious. :loopy::rofl:
:ganjamon:

Yo Inhaledfreq, are you thinking of taking the young veg plants with you on your move? At least you have a job.lol Good luck buddy, buds are gonna taste awesome.

Update

Update

Jerri Main week 6 of flowering

Week 6 actually starts what, the day after tomorrow I think, but whatever... ;)

JeriMainFattie01.jpg

JeriMainFattie02.jpg

JeriMainFattie03.jpg

JeriMainFattie04.jpg

JeriMainFattie05.jpg

Getting what looks like nute burn or maybe Mg deficiency due to pH or salt lock-up (?) I dunno, it's hard to tell for sure from the pics in the threads I've read. I just did another full flush with pH 6.8 distilled water. I also moved the lights on the left up a little, I think they are part of the reason for the leaves looking all fucked up... Too much nute build up in the leaves and lights too close burn the dried out leaves, I guess...
JeriMainFattie06.jpg

JeriMainFattie07.jpg

Other than the leaf burn she seems to be putting on weight at a pretty good rate. :smokin: Looks like harvest will still be at least 1-2 weeks...

Yo Inhaledfreq, are you thinking of taking the young veg plants with you on your move? At least you have a job.lol Good luck buddy, buds are gonna taste awesome.

lol, no I don't have the balls to be the person driving that vehicle. :grinjoint:
I plan to grow all plants out for the next week or two and then flower them all at one time in the veg room (which I will convert to a flower room). That way I'll have a little stash for the 4 months it will take me to finish a new grow. I was able to buy some time and will end up having about 6-7 weeks from today to move, which will be just about enough time. My wife will be staying behind at first and will finish out the lease in our house. I don't want to leave my garden with her to have to take care of but if I had to leave them for just the last couple weeks of flower she can take care of them I'm sure... I know she can help me smoke it all so I doubt she would mind, lol. :smokin: Thanks! I can't wait to cut a test branch next week! :grinjoint:

LOL, that's some funny-assed commentary;)

thanks for the smiles bro,

ss

Hey what can I say, lots of good weed smoke and lack of sleep make for a fun combination. :grinjoint: Thanks for following along ss!

:peace: :ganjamon:

Jerri Main is starting to fill up. Did you trim off some fan leaves or have the buds just taken over?

Yes, I have trimmed most of the fan leaves off, some have fallen off naturally. I trimmed all the burned leaves, which at this point are most of the fan leaves on the plant. :( I think I really burned the shit out of this plant. I fed it full strength flower nutes the first time by mistake and then flushed it and fed it half strength nutes, which was probably a bad idea. Now I've flushed her two more times and the burning has slowed, or possibly stopped. I'm also thinking it may have been a pH issue, because the flowering nutes I've been using adjust the pH to a range between 5.5 and 6.5. Tunes420 is using the same nutes in his current grows and he said that the nutes were adjusting his mix to 5.5. My pH test strips are crap so if it's adjusting to 5.5 then I should be raising it to 6.5. Now I've been flushing with 6.8 distilled water so I think that may have brought the pH back in range (I'm out of test strips and can't spend a dime more on this plant ;) ). So I either A.) overfed and burned, B.) locked out nutes due to salt buildup, C.) fucked the pH, or D.) a combination of the three. My guess is "D". :grinjoint:

I just read thru from your first post. Great work, I really enjoyed the ride. +rep

Thanks for checking out the grow! And thanks for the reps!!! :ganjamon:

Update 1 of 2

Update 1 of 2

Here are some pics of some of the fan leaves I pulled off Jeri Main today (nute burn?)...
nuteBurnLeaves-01.jpg
nuteBurnLeaves-02.jpg
nuteBurnLeaves-03.jpg

I chopped the two lowest branches from Jeri Main a few moments ago... They were not getting any light. Now the larger branches can use that energy. Also I get to sample Jeri Main's smoke a little early. :grinjoint:
chopLowerBranchJeriMain-01.jpg
chopLowerBranchJeriMain-02.jpg

chopLowerBranchJeriMain-03.jpg
chopLowerBranchJeriMain-04.jpg

chopLowerBranchJeriMain-05.jpg

Here are the two "test branches"...
testBranchA-01.jpg
testBranchA-02.jpg

testBranchA-03.jpg
testBranchA-04.jpg

Here's Jeri Main today, almost completely nude (no fan leaves)...
jeriMain2day-01.jpg

jeriMain2day-02.jpg

jeriMain2day-03.jpg

I saw a little nute burn on some of the sweetleaf today. I am going to do one more full flush tonight. If I see any more significant nute burn on the sweetleaf, I may have to harvest her a little early.

Seedlings - From here on out I'm going to call them crop 2. ;)
I transplanted some of crop 2 to larger containers the day before yesterday. I used Miracle Grow Organic Potting Mix w/ 25% extra perlite. I know, I know MG, but it is all I have and due to the circumstances (me moving soon) I cannot spend one more dime on this grow. I don't know if it's such a bad thing, the plants have doubled in size since I transplanted them a couple of days ago... Also I don't have a lot of time to garden now that I'm packing. ;) I will be transplanting the rest of crop 2 today and I'll be doing some work on the veg room. I will upload pics of crop 2 later tonight.

Abandoned?

What happened to the clones? The Harvest? Did U have complications with the summer heat?
Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom