Injecting fertilizer

They do that kinda thing when they do genetic engineering. Corn is all engineered now, if we don't plant it, nothing will grow. It cannot reproduce on it's own. Pretty sad.

They say it is of great benefit, becuase they get to engineer better corn and get paid for it. But who is to say farmers couldnt have bred traits in normally and produced thier own seeds at the same time. Lets hope Monsanto doesn't do this to cannabis seeds.
Then we may see them injecting dna into our Cannabis plant.

Lets hope Monsanto doesn't do this to cannabis seeds.
Then we may see them injecting dna into our Cannabis plant.
rig.jpg

Boss revealed his macro-mega-dna-injection grow on accident in another thread already. :laughtwo: But seriously, wouldn't that make corn 'endangered' if its unable to reproduce? Who benefits in that, some corn monopoly? Hopefully it's common knowledge that this isn't a trend to follow, especially with something as revered and respected as cannabis.

I'd heard of it before. Someone was telling me they had great results injecting a corn syrup and water solution into the main stem.

I don't buy it. Your plant comes equipped the proper apparatus for nutrient uptake.... roots.

Now I would like to see some research on foliar (sp?) feeding of sugar.

I wouldn't do it either way. This guy was saying you could increase the size of your buds by increasing the amount of sugars (glucose) in the plant. He had a whole thing about what kind of sugars.. like you could not used standard refined table sugar because it was to complex. The goal was to supplement what the plant was already doing...

There was a linear line of logic there, I'm just not sure it was sound.

Monsanto's "Terminator" genetics means all the seeds from a crop of plants with this genetic trait will be sterile. This forces a grower/farmer of any type to have to purchase additional seeds each year. They are also accused of such clandestine acts as taking samples from farmers feilds without being authorized to do so and as well as nearby Monsanto crops contaminating the genetic pool of other farmers by naturally wind blown pollen.

Anytime you try and play god, it will come back to bite you in the ass, this one thing I am certain of.

Also, plants mainly absorb nutrients through the root zone and injecting fertilizer into the stem is not a viable method of feeding whatsoever.

in haven't heard of injecting ferts, but my old man told me that a friend of his injected opium in to the stems of his plants back in the 60s with good success. He said that the guy tried it with other things with no success just killing the plants.
The old man said that the herb with the opium was an incredible happy high. always wondered if it works but the possibility of getting some opium to do it is near imposibe and not worth the risk.

Back
Top Bottom