Inline fan setup help

stewbacca6

Hey i have a 6'' Vortex inline fan and was wondering the best way of setting it up. Do I try to pull or push the air. I am cooling a 400w MH and will add a carbon filter later. Thanks

Hey i have a 6'' Vortex inline fan and was wondering the best way of setting it up. Do I try to pull or push the air. I am cooling a 400w MH and will add a carbon filter later. Thanks

It depends on what your using the light for. If it's just to cool the light I would push the air. if your using it to cool the room I would pull the air.

"Sucker" fans have small grabbing blades on the back of a disk like a water pump. Pushers have a blade that we are used to seeing.

Soon enough we will see high efficiency 30 blade tubine fans that will be as quiet as a regular room fan that will pell from 100 to 500 cfm depending on the power. Only recently has the technology become cheap enough to mold these types of blades that we now see on commercial jet aircraft engines.

I can't wait :)

"Sucker" fans have small grabbing blades on the back of a disk like a water pump. Pushers have a blade that we are used to seeing.

Soon enough we will see high efficiency 30 blade tubine fans that will be as quiet as a regular room fan that will pell from 100 to 500 cfm depending on the power. Only recently has the technology become cheap enough to mold these types of blades that we now see on commercial jet aircraft engines.

I can't wait :)

I can't wait either. This 8" elicent I own sounds like a jet taking off at full speed. I've said it more than once...thankfully I can't see or hear my neighbors and I'm even more thankful they can't see or hear me.lol

Back
Top Bottom