InsaneRooster's Insane Greenhouse Winter Grow - 2014

Great way to go, Rooster :thumb:
You could proabably get a mosquito net if you want to stop bugs completely.
Can't wait to see when it happens :cheer:

I thought of something else today about your greenhouse. During the daytime, you are going to need a way to vent out the top because in full sun that little spot is going to turn into a steam bath! Also you need to replenish CO2. For example, say it is 15C outside, no wind, just sun. Inside the little greenhouse it can get over 100 easily. That is a GREAT way to sterilize your house during summer so any pathogens which may exist will be dead, but to grow that way is a little harsh LOL! :)

If you can figure out a way to vent out the top ridge or at the top along the shelf where the roof attaches to the top of the walls. An opening. And you will need a fan, but I think you know that. Again, if I am annoying tell me to hush my big silly mouth.

:wood: what's going on in this IGLOO? I brought some of these :passitleft: to puff in here,

I'll sit on that block of ice :passitleft:

How cold will it get in mid winter down there?

Pretty-please? post your C° w/ our F° (I struggle with ).:thumb:

If you have a heat/ventilation dilemma, I have some economical ideas for you.

You know back in the day I would on occassion hang out at an e,perimental organic farm, funded no less by exxon mobile corp. Behing the plastic walls were 1) jugs of water sitting on 2)bricks, with 3)bales of hay behind them and 4)free roaming chikens throughout the large greenhouse. The passive solar heating of water heated the bricks, the hay bales behind it aided in insulation, the chickens kept the bugs at bay. Just a thought, although I dont want you to experience any Masai warrior lion kling innitiation rights due to chickens lol but just an idea on affordable temperature control. In full discosure there may have been a few bombass sexy hippy girl assistants that ifocused on more..its all kinda hazy.

My apologies for taking long my friend....It is now 3:45 in the AM for me here in SA i have been up since yesterday 4 am so i am going on the 24Hr mark of no sleep so everything is taking 10 x longer for me to do.

:circle-of-love:

Well i am going to try the flux for the first time will just see how that goes... as for the other plants, they will be mostly clones from the MONSTER i am looking to have about 20 or so going by the end of winter....i will not train or trim them in any way as i want to see what they do on there own, maybe i will train some of them but as for now no plans yet i will advise if this changes.

thanks for getting involved so soon 60 you are a star!!

Happy smokes to you friend!!!
i'll bet LA answerred this, I'm late to class, jumping in for 60cal
One more question Insane Dude, on the ones that you aren't going to flux, are you going to top them and if yes how often and where.

Thanks Rooster.

no topping from my instructor on Fluxy Lady, just manipulating the tops, by pinching or spreading them,

this keeps the nodes closer together :circle-of-love:

Hi there

First off i have to apologise for not responding to anyone yet, there was some things i needed to sort out ASAP I have been up since 4 am Tuesday morning it is now 13:30 pm Wednesday afternoon and i am finally going to bed to get some sleep.

I will be with all of you once i awake from my sleep!!

Best and Blessed from a TIRED Rooster!!

:adore: all :420:'ers

Not sure how I missed this one. I am all caught up and will patiently awaiting your update.

We had visitors at our greenhouse grow from Cape Town on harvest day a week ago. Great people. Malawi Gold fans.

Was wondering how this could be called a winter grow but a hemisphere change will do that. Just finishing my early greenhouse grow. I love my greenhouse and am looking forward to another one. How low does your temp get there? I set mine at 55 F (13 C). It seemed to do the trick. A friend of mine sets his at 65 F (18 C). I can't afford that.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Do you have pics, recommendations on growing Malawi gold you could pm to me? Because that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I have not grown this. It was just a favorite of my visitors. They did say that we have the best genetics here and nothing back home has a kick like my tit's or golden goat. I think Coranido23 has some growing and his word is worth listing too.

Official Rooster Feedback

A very good day.

Apologies for the delay i had something to sort out ASAP and aside from that my friend @Greenheadboet Came over yesterday for a visit, i will be taking him to a garden centre today to get all the goodies he needs for his Winter grow, He should have his journal up by this weekend so look out for it it is gunna be good!!

Well before i do my Official Rooster Update Latter today here is my answers to your comments. Thanks to each one that posted a comment , it is so nice to come home to a journal that is Packed with info!!!!

Hahahaha....my friends call me the dude! And for sure i abide!

Gonna run over to trichs yard and see whats snapping.

Peace

great minds think alike.....:Namaste:

Yes there is a way 60, just dig a hole. :passitleft:

then u have to build a fluxring, for the wire attatchments:thumb:

there is a pic of my flux ring invention in my yard on page 236, come thru the front gate and see it, the combo is 60cal :high-five:

Hi There Friend

Thanks for taking care of things while i was not around ..... REPS to you!!!

LOL, I like that u have thick skin! Cali is great 70° & sunny until October, we wont see a DROP of rain till Nov.

i haven't hopped, since i ruined my ACL, on my overpowered dirt bike, ouch :high-five:

I :love: your enthusiasm

thnx roo, i'll be here for this sub-equatorial

Oh believe me you will be doing lots of hopping when you smoke some of that fluxy when she is done :rofl:

Thanks for always being around with a nice word or two, it is members like you that make this place what it is

Nice set up & layout, with so many plants going at one time it is very organized. You're going to be putting in some long hours in there & logistically looks like it you have it pretty well covered and it looks like you have room to adapt if needed.

Awesome job!

:peace:

Hay there Festus

Thanks for the kind words...Well if i can i want to extend my greenhouse , At the moment it is 3x4 meter (10x13.5 ft for all you non metric members) i hope to extend the final size to 3x15 meters (10x50 ft) so yes lots of room to grow if needed!!

Best and Blessed

Great start Insane Dude. This will be fun.

AWEE 60

How are you my friend, Thanks for the kind words!!

Blessed!!

:popcorn: Can't wait to experience the South African winter with you:thumb:

Good day Lester

Glad you are along for the ride!! lets hope my winter grow is as good as yours was!!!

Best and blessed.

:rofl: That made my day! I've never heard that before!

Are you Afrikaans? :thedoubletake:

Anyways, your setup looks mad!!! :welldone: :ganjamon:

If I may ask, what reflective surface you are using in your greenhouse? :)

Good day Bra

Yessssss Afrikaans Indeed!!! Thanks for them kind words.

I will PM you the translation latter :rofl:

Best and Blessed

looking forward to this journey. Best of luck rooster! :)

Welcome on board....Glad you are here!!

Best and Blessed!!

Plenty of room to play :) nice!
Lets get you a flux big enough so you can string a hammock across its middle and chill watching the others! :)

NOW THAT IS THE DREAM!!!!

Here to hoping for the best!!!

:adore:

I want a hammock too...:yahoo:... Everything looks amazing Insane. I think they may be right and you are going to have an even bigger monster.....:circle-of-love:

Hay there Dennise

Thanks for the kind words...If this hammock works you are more than welcome to come chill in it !!!!

Best and Blessed to you

Great way to go, Rooster :thumb:
You could proabably get a mosquito net if you want to stop bugs completely.
Can't wait to see when it happens :cheer:

Hay there

I will do an update soon so you can see the GH if full and how it works...Thanks for coming along for this ride it is good to have you here,

Happy Grow and Smoke

yea!:bravo: here dat rooster?, get some fluxin' goin' on in that igloo!!!! :high-five: LA

this is gonna be a great yard to play in :circle-of-love:

YESSSSSS Flux there will be and oh hells yeah lots of fun will be had in this yard!!!!!

Thanks to all of you LEGENDS !!!

I thought of something else today about your greenhouse. During the daytime, you are going to need a way to vent out the top because in full sun that little spot is going to turn into a steam bath! Also you need to replenish CO2. For example, say it is 15C outside, no wind, just sun. Inside the little greenhouse it can get over 100 easily. That is a GREAT way to sterilize your house during summer so any pathogens which may exist will be dead, but to grow that way is a little harsh LOL! :)

If you can figure out a way to vent out the top ridge or at the top along the shelf where the roof attaches to the top of the walls. An opening. And you will need a fan, but I think you know that. Again, if I am annoying tell me to hush my big silly mouth.

WOW...KEEP IT COMING GF.

All will answered in my next update when i go into detail.

Again THANKS for you help here it is highly valued!!!

Best and Blessed

:wood: what's going on in this IGLOO? I brought some of these :passitleft: to puff in here,

I'll sit on that block of ice :passitleft:

How cold will it get in mid winter down there?

Pretty-please? post your C° w/ our F° (I struggle with ).:thumb:

If you have a heat/ventilation dilemma, I have some economical ideas for you.

Indeed i will do that for you cuzz in the words of "Old Festus" i know how hard it is to figure out a system bassed on 10's, 100's and 1000's :rofl:

Enjoy my Friend!!

You know back in the day I would on occassion hang out at an e,perimental organic farm, funded no less by exxon mobile corp. Behing the plastic walls were 1) jugs of water sitting on 2)bricks, with 3)bales of hay behind them and 4)free roaming chikens throughout the large greenhouse. The passive solar heating of water heated the bricks, the hay bales behind it aided in insulation, the chickens kept the bugs at bay. Just a thought, although I dont want you to experience any Masai warrior lion kling innitiation rights due to chickens lol but just an idea on affordable temperature control. In full discosure there may have been a few bombass sexy hippy girl assistants that ifocused on more..its all kinda hazy.

Wow

what a share that was!!!!!

Please keep it coming!!!!

best and Blessed

:wood::popcorn:

edit hours later: NP Rooster, it's 730PM, I'm just getting started :Namaste:

:rofl:

i'll bet LA answerred this, I'm late to class, jumping in for 60cal

no topping from my instructor on Fluxy Lady, just manipulating the tops, by pinching or spreading them,

this keeps the nodes closer together :circle-of-love:

Thanks for the advice my friend!!

:wood: cold down here, going back to Cali, stop by Rooster, this yard is going to :party::tommy::rocker:

:bigtoke:

EDIT: got too cold in your grow igloo Rooster, I'm crashing, after I get home to thaw. :peace:

then, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

DUDE

You seem to be a LEGEND with the names...Igloo...I LOVE THAT !!!!!

Always nice to have you around!!

Not sure how I missed this one. I am all caught up and will patiently awaiting your update.

We had visitors at our greenhouse grow from Cape Town on harvest day a week ago. Great people. Malawi Gold fans.

Was wondering how this could be called a winter grow but a hemisphere change will do that. Just finishing my early greenhouse grow. I love my greenhouse and am looking forward to another one. How low does your temp get there? I set mine at 55 F (13 C). It seemed to do the trick. A friend of mine sets his at 65 F (18 C). I can't afford that.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Goog day

A BIG welcome to my yard hope you enjoy the ride.

Thanks for that SHARE and PLEASE keep it coming!!

Blessed!!

55F is a perfect night temp in a greenhouse.

Thanks for helping out GF

Blessed

Greengrocr

Do you have pics, recommendations on growing Malawi gold you could pm to me? Because that would be awesome.

I do and yes i will!!!

Thanks for this !!

Hope your still sleeping... just waiting on the pics....:popcorn:....:circle-of-love:

Soon my friend...thanks for poping in !!!

subbed! can't wait to see.

Welcome on board!!

Back
Top Bottom