IMG_20171212_165620.jpg

Nice shot of the SD Insanity. I have a Candy Cane closer than her to the finish that looks at the same stage, all coated with trichomes and begging to be scheduled for chop. I tend to be in there every morning with the loupe, looking for the amber arrivals. May I ask, what criteria do you use to determine harvest time?

IMG_20171212_165620.jpg

Nice shot of the SD Insanity. I have a Candy Cane closer than her to the finish that looks at the same stage, all coated with trichomes and begging to be scheduled for chop. I tend to be in there every morning with the loupe, looking for the amber arrivals. May I ask, what criteria do you use to determine harvest time?

normally i will try to get about 30% amber trichomes. but i am now starting to try and get atlas that on the secondary buds before i chop. and in doing so i tend to get around 50% amber on the tops. also if when I'm flushing and i notice yellowing getting too close to bud sites i will go ahead and chop it down. i haven't actually let any of my previous SD#1 get this far into flower. always been too impatient to let it go the extra week or 2. lol but i want to actually see what she can do. used to chop her down around 45-50 days with about 20% amber trichomes on the tops(impatient). hoping for closer to 50% from now on. didn't realize that meant throughout the majority of the plant, lol, not just the tops. experience is everything. ill take some trichome photos tomorrow for everyone. they are pretty neat with a 60-100x loop.

What is your method Sue?

p.s. the trichome production is why i named her snow drift (other than her supposed parents being "Ice" and "Aurora indica") she packs on the trichomes very quick and very early. and they spread all the way to about midway up the big fan leaves. instant thought was a huge pile of snow at the end of the driveway living in colorado (also known as a "snow drift")

Finally a veg update!! Yay!!

Week 4 in veg (roughly). ran out of coco for the last 2 clones. only need enough to transplant one of those as the other is the weird #5 that didn't clone too well. might be culling it out soon. was hoping to have 16 total plants in in flower but i guess i can do 12. the 2 Ceres Skunk clones are getting huge already. but they don't stretch too much in flower. the 2 older SD#1 clones are coming along very nicely. really started the training on the bigger of the 2. if i don't train the SD#1's they tend to be very skinny and tall. ill show comparison pics once i can get a few out of the flower tent in in better light for photos. the Blue Dream is finally starting to take off. its a little behind the other 4 from seed. Chemdog is going to be a good size plant i think. already getting tall and bushing out nicely. the Sour Lemon is staying on the small side... hope she hits a growth spurt soon. finally got my carbon filter in today. noticed an immediate difference in the room environment. I'm on the last week of nutes for the flower tent. 750ppm @ 6.3 ph 71*F.

Veg tent 4x4
IMG_20171213_133428.jpg

5 from seed. (strawberry sour d, sour lemon, blue dream, chemdog #4, pineapple skunk)
IMG_20171213_133707.jpg
IMG_20171213_133732.jpg
IMG_20171213_133750.jpg
IMG_20171213_133820.jpg
IMG_20171213_133839.jpg

SD#7 clones
IMG_20171213_134023.jpg

SD#5 Clones
IMG_20171213_134104.jpg

SD#1 Clones
IMG_20171213_134616.jpg

IMG_20171213_134620.jpg

Ceres Skunk Clones
IMG_20171213_134859.jpg
IMG_20171213_134903.jpg

normally i will try to get about 30% amber trichomes. but i am now starting to try and get atlas that on the secondary buds before i chop. and in doing so i tend to get around 50% amber on the tops. also if when I'm flushing and i notice yellowing getting too close to bud sites i will go ahead and chop it down. i haven't actually let any of my previous SD#1 get this far into flower. always been too impatient to let it go the extra week or 2. lol but i want to actually see what she can do. used to chop her down around 45-50 days with about 20% amber trichomes on the tops(impatient). hoping for closer to 50% from now on. didn't realize that meant throughout the majority of the plant, lol, not just the tops. experience is everything. ill take some trichome photos tomorrow for everyone. they are pretty neat with a 60-100x loop.

What is your method Sue?

p.s. the trichome production is why i named her snow drift (other than her supposed parents being "Ice" and "Aurora indica") she packs on the trichomes very quick and very early. and they spread all the way to about midway up the big fan leaves. instant thought was a huge pile of snow at the end of the driveway living in colorado (also known as a "snow drift")

I'm usually looking for a speedier, more head high with my sativas, and with the CBD strains you want to take them a little earlier, before the CBD begins to degrade. What I usually do is watch for the flush from clear to cloudy, and then when I spot the first amber trichomes, anywhere on the plant, I chop within 48 hours.

That last two weeks will make so much difference. It's when they seem to put on the greatest bulk, so sometimes that's what I'll watch for, but then I still watch the trichomes. To be perfectly honest, the girls call to me when it's time to check. They'll call me to them at the oddest times, when I'm lost in something completely different, only to discover that they've gone amber. Kinda eerie sometimes. :laughtwo:

I started in living organic soil, and I still grow with Doc Bud's kit, which allows me to go longer than the hempies I also grow with. I'm finding even passive hydro finishes faster than any soil plants I grow. Still learning the ropes with bottled nutrients.

Wow! :thedoubletake: Your clones look fabulous! The Chem Dawg is a hearty plant. Mine's within a month of being flipped. Might do it on Sunday when I harvest the Candy Cane. It'll leave enough space for two replacement plants. Lol! This is my Chem Dawg.

She's 44 days old, but only 26 of them in this pot. I took my time getting her transplanted. Lol!

IMG_664310.JPG

Some of the biggest leaves I grow.

IMG_664411.JPG

Really colorful leaves too.

IMG_664512.JPG

I've given one away and killed one mid-veg, so this is my third attempt to get one to harvest. Three hits and she puts this energetic bunny to bed within half an hour. :laughtwo:

You'll thank me for this one: the Blue Dream creates an electrical flow in the body during sex the likes of which I've never before experienced. Another member was thoughtful enough to alert me to this, and it's lived up to my expectation. I believe it may be one of the finer chemovars developed. You're gonna be happy you grew it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You'll thank me for this one: the Blue Dream creates an electrical flow in the body during sex the likes of which I've never before experienced. Another member was thoughtful enough to alert me to this, and it's lived up to my expectation. I believe it may be one of the finer chemovars developed. You're gonna be happy you grew it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

well now i can't wait to try this out. thanks :) and that chemdog looks fantastic. love the colors on the leaves.

the way that the flush is going with the SD#1 ill probably be taking her down this weekend. i will take the contrasting snow drift pheno pics tomorrow under natural light.

well now i can't wait to try this out. thanks :) and that chemdog looks fantastic. love the colors on the leaves.

the way that the flush is going with the SD#1 ill probably be taking her down this weekend. i will take the contrasting snow drift pheno pics tomorrow under natural light.

I look forward to them. I find it so intriguing how differently the same chemovar will express. The last Dark Devil Autos I grew were different phenos, and watching them develop side-by-side was fascinating.

Insanity looks like both the veg and flower tent are producing great plants, with your care. My Cinderella 99 are showing signs of flowering at day 14 of flower as well as the Carnival and LSD, the Girl Scout cookies and OG Kush are still waiting to push out pistils. As far as the humidity I found that I can control it to some extent by increasing or decreasing the amount of air I extract from the room. I would imagine for you it's a balance of too much extraction and the CO2 is ineffective too little and the humidity is high any way good job on the Chem Dog
Blue Dream is one of my favorites I think you're gonna like it

here are the Snow Drift Pheno comparison shots. had to wait for good lighting. All 3 phenos are untrained other than some defoliation. they are also all in 100% coco coir fed 3 times a day for 1 minute. SD#1 and SD#7 are very similar in structure and size but they have a different smell and #1 trichome production is amazing. #5 is a very sativa dominate pheno with short structure and stacked nodes. has a very nice cola and a unique smell unlike either of its sisters. can't wait till these come down and i can taste them. today is the end of week 5 day 35 from flip.

and then there is the trained vs untrained Snow Drift #1 ladies. tell me what you think of the results. i did not top either one. only did last on the trained lady.

IMG_20171214_124324.jpg

IMG_20171214_124352.jpg
IMG_20171214_124349.jpg
IMG_20171214_124347.jpg

SD#5
IMG_20171214_124306.jpg

SD#1
IMG_20171214_124129.jpg

SD#7
IMG_20171214_124248.jpg

Trained VS Untrained
IMG_20171214_124125.jpg
IMG_20171214_124212.jpg
IMG_20171214_124224.jpg

There are cheap dehumidfiers for less than $50 for an enclosed space should work but I have no first hand experience so I cant tell you how much humidity they will reduce your room by. Another alternative is damprid should work in a small room or tent, make sure to get the unscented variety. I know I mentioned it before but my vote is to install a vent with a damper, no amount of extra growth from co2 is worth risking mold and mildew.

I just typed diy dehumidifier into google looks like you may have a few other options. Sounds like a bucket a drill and some cat litter may help you a ton lol.

There are cheap dehumidfiers for less than $50 for an enclosed space should work but I have no first hand experience so I cant tell you how much humidity they will reduce your room by. Another alternative is damprid should work in a small room or tent, make sure to get the unscented variety. I know I mentioned it before but my vote is to install a vent with a damper, no amount of extra growth from co2 is worth risking mold and mildew.

I just typed diy dehumidifier into google looks like you may have a few other options. Sounds like a bucket a drill and some cat litter may help you a ton lol.

you are right. there isn't a reason to allow mold even for a little boost from co2... i have to leave for a few days so i won't be able to do much right now... luckily my flower tent is staying around 60% with everything closed off. i have an intake fan on a fan speed controller and an exhaust fan connected to a 16" carbon filter. seems to keep that tent very well vented. i just need 2 more fans and a carbon filter for the veg tent and i think i will have a lot of issues solved. i have lowered my co2 to around 700ppm. but when i go in there it always goes up to around 1000ppm. i am going to for sure try that cat litter trick. if it don't work than i have litter for my cats lol. the whole flower tent is 100% automated other than topping off res. veg tent still has to be hand watered with a garden sprayer.. but works just fine.

Now for the Snow Drift #1 harvest.... this was not in coco. this was soil. but used canna notes in flower. 5th week was pk boost for this lady. had minor bug issue. wasn't my biggest by any means but still very stinky and sticky. smells of fruity pebbles and skunk. did H2O2 for bud washing. didn't notice a lot of big stuff in the water when i was done. however i did notice a crap load of hair and smaller particles i couldn't tell what they were. i decided to leave most of the sugar leafs on to slow the drying process a little and i wanted to actually wash them as well since i use for extracts. i want a real camera so i can take even better photos. i can only do so much with my phone lol. but i think 2 of these shots look amazing if i do say so myself. the last 2 shots are my favorites :) enjoy let me know what yay think.

IMG_20171216_110133.jpg
IMG_20171216_110141.jpg
IMG_20171216_110150.jpg
IMG_20171216_104728.jpg
IMG_20171216_111925.jpg
IMG_20171216_111947.jpg
IMG_20171216_114810.jpg
IMG_20171216_114142.jpg
IMG_20171216_114735.jpg
IMG_20171216_114144.jpg
IMG_20171216_104724.jpg

alright sorry for the long absence. i have taken everything down in the flower tent and placed 12 ladies into it and vegged them for this past week under the leds. trying to get them to get a little bigger before i make the switch to flower. i have taken 3 clones from each strain/pheno which has given me roughly 21 clones. took the clones on 12/30. just gave them their first flower feeding before i make the 12/12 switch. decided to cull the 2 vary large ceres skunk clones as they were a little too stretch making them way too big for my needs. kept 1 nice sized clone that will work though. added a heat mat to the clone dome hopefully will help the development. humidity is no longer an issue. bugs seem to be well taken care of. still have several thriving ladybugs roaming the tents. all the herb sprouts are doing alright. giving them super light nutrient mix as they are in coco and will need something. i will take a few photos later today once i have finished my day. thanks for stopping by.

so a lot of unforeseen stuff has happened this last month or so. from my grandmother passing away to work starting back and getting ready for xgames, i haven't been on to update at all. everything is looking great. having minor issue getting clones to show roots but they still look great. planted a bagged from a sack from colorado i got. (flo). the SD#5 clone that was seriously stunted from last batch is actually starting to look great. most of the herbs i started have taken off and placed them into a 3gal fabric pot (all in one). i have placed 12 of the ladies into the flower tent and have finally gotten the drip system adjusted properly for the added sites.changed from 1 min 3 times a day to 4 minutes 3 times a day. needed extra time to get the pressure to build up throughout system. haven't noticed any excess runoff.
pics are actually going to follow this post. i have the promised pics from before i left for colorado in december 20th and the return photos on the 5th. and than todays update.

dec 20th:
IMG_20171220_160545.jpg
IMG_20171220_160547.jpg
IMG_20171220_160549.jpg
IMG_20171220_160600.jpg
IMG_20171220_160613.jpg

jan 5th:
IMG_20180105_103828.jpg
IMG_20180105_103834.jpg
IMG_20180105_103854.jpg
IMG_20180105_103913.jpg

jan 11th: today