Insect problem but can’t find the insect

Also I don’t know how a mouse would get into a sealed grow tent my intake duct work has filters on both sides of it and all the port note being used are zip tied shut tight

Looks like cat bites - mice just eat the seedlings or seeds and the root in the soil little fvckers. White footed mice hate them bastards.

Snap up a slim jim pow.

That reminds me, I need to set out another trap. 2 for 2 this month. Cold weather they wanna come indoors. They hate sulfur too!

Also I don’t know how a mouse would get into a sealed grow tent my intake duct work has filters on both sides of it and all the port note being used are zip tied shut tight

Mice can get into anything cept a sealed mason jar. Even then with a plastic lid I woodn't put it past them

3_550x550_Front_Color-NA.jpg

I’ll set out a mouse trap but my room is filled with carboard and paper and have never seen an indication of a mouse
The mouse might never go near the trap and might have no interest in your cardboard and paper. No point in the animal going after boring paper when there is so many other little tidbits of food. There is a good chance that when the weather starts turning cold at least one of these little critters will find its way into the house.

I have heard that mice can fit into a hole the same diameter as a US dime and rats a hole the size of a quarter. Mice do not have collar bones so as long as they can fit their head through the hole they are on their way to getting their entire body in. A juvenile mouse can get in through a hole the size of an ink pen.

mice just eat the seedlings or seeds and the root in the soil

Wow, have you been misinformed. Mice will eat just about anything that is or has lived. That includes other mice. And they'll gnaw on almost everything else. They're a menace. Fleas, roaches, in-laws, fucking Republicans - none of that vermin is in the same class as rodents.

The mouse might never go near the trap

Yeah, they're notoriously "bait shy" and... let's face it, they've been living with Homo sapiens (and probably other hominids before that) long enough to have evolved a bit during the time. I'm surprised any of them ever end up in a mousetrap. It's a fact that few do.

Again, put a KitKat down and pour sugar on part of it. Don't mess with it for a few days, and if you have mice, it'll disappear. They have a definite sweet tooth.

I have heard that mice can fit into a hole the same diameter as a US dime

...and will do so even if that hole is on an exterior wall, five stories off the ground.

Shit they can climb right up anything.

Just about. They cannot climb a vertical piece of glass, but if the wall surface is rougher than that (and most are), it's like a highway. So is a wire. If you have shelves that have sides, and the sides are 3/8" to 1/2" wide... it doesn't matter if those are rough or not, because the mice will grip around them and that's another highway. They can jump pretty, good, too. Not like fleas, a million times their body length - but they can jump, and well enough to get around in a house.

If you determine that you have mice, the best way to get rid of them is... nothing, you can't :(. Set fire to the place and go live somewhere else. And don't take anything with you, or you'll have mice at your new home.

Looks like cat bites - mice just eat the seedlings or seeds and the root in the soil little fvckers. White footed mice hate them bastards.

Snap up a slim jim pow.

That reminds me, I need to set out another trap. 2 for 2 this month. Cold weather they wanna come indoors. They hate sulfur too!
Defiantly isn’t a cat lol I know that for a fact my dog wouldn’t be having that and it’s inside in my man cave of a room

As far as I can tell mice, and rats, are poor climbers. They make a hole in that plastic lid and fall into the jar they will be there until you find them.

They dont need to climb they can fly. I've seen em jump like 3 feet. I didn't believe it so I set a trap on the shelf they were getting on sure enough snap into a slim jim.
Squirrels are rats with hairy tails they can fly too ...fvckers.

Wow, have you been misinformed. Mice will eat just about anything that is or has lived. That includes other mice. And they'll gnaw on almost everything else. They're a menace. Fleas, roaches, in-laws, fucking Republicans - none of that vermin is in the same class as rodents.

Yeah, they're notoriously "bait shy" and... let's face it, they've been living with Homo sapiens (and probably other hominids before that) long enough to have evolved a bit during the time. I'm surprised any of them ever end up in a mousetrap. It's a fact that few do.

Again, put a KitKat down and pour sugar on part of it. Don't mess with it for a few days, and if you have mice, it'll disappear. They have a definite sweet tooth.
Mice and rats are the clean-up crew for people. Their job, given to them by Mother Nature, is to get rid of the food particles and other junk that we drop (and that they find tasty) and do not bother to pick up because we think that the stuff will magically disappear. :)

If I set a mouse trap and there is a dead mouse in it the next morning I figure that there is a mouse problem. Someone coined the saying that if we see a mouse then there are 9 more that we don't see but are watching us.

I have doggie doors in the basement... the change in weather to colder temps is luring them inside.

To kill them there are a few small tricks, peanut butter is the go to food for traps, take a lighter and flame cook the peanut butter to singe it, that odor is like crack cocaine.

If you are not catching them then try this trick. Bait your trap but don’t activate the trigger mechanism- let them eat free for a few days... wait for the peanut butter bait to disappear, re-bait the trap but still don’t set the trigger.... then after a few days of free food set the trigger.

last week I found this....

get a loupe all over those plants. them white dots on the leaves could well be mite eggs. i would check just to rule that out. look both on top and on the bottom. live ones usually live on the bottom.

mites / thirps etc pretty much won't chew the end of a leaf off. what they can do is cause enough damage to a leaf when it is young, for it to continue to grow in a misshapen manner, which can look like all sorts of things.

edit : first couple pics look like a mild deficiency as well. just a touch hungry.

get a loupe all over those plants. them white dots on the leaves could well be mite eggs. i would check just to rule that out. look both on top and on the bottom. live ones usually live on the bottom.

mites / thirps etc pretty much won't chew the end of a leaf off. what they can do is cause enough damage to a leaf when it is young, for it to continue to grow in a misshapen manner, which can look like all sorts of things.

edit : first couple pics look like a mild deficiency as well. just a touch hungry.
I did a lot of research the other night and put the leaf under a microscope and found out that the spots are what they call sessile trichomes. And for the tips of leaves missing it wound up being a caterpillar found it in the corner of my tent. Released outside un harmed. Yea I had an issue with nutes a couple weeks back plant has improved a lot now and new growth is showing healthy signs

Aren't all trichomes sessile? I've never seen them on the march, lol.

I did a lot of research the other night and put the leaf under a microscope and found out that the spots are what they call sessile trichomes. And for the tips of leaves missing it wound up being a caterpillar found it in the corner of my tent. Released outside un harmed. Yea I had an issue with nutes a couple weeks back plant has improved a lot now and new growth is showing healthy signs
Caterpillar bingo... glad you found it and hope there are not any more.

Those hairs on the btm of the leaves are indeed trichomes.

There are insects (hemp mites) much smaller than those sessile trichomes.
They are very difficult to notice until there's a serious issue. They hitch rides on all sorts or critters.

I have doggie doors in the basement... the change in weather to colder temps is luring them inside.

To kill them there are a few small tricks, peanut butter is the go to food for traps, take a lighter and flame cook the peanut butter to singe it, that odor is like crack cocaine.

If you are not catching them then try this trick. Bait your trap but don’t activate the trigger mechanism- let them eat free for a few days... wait for the peanut butter bait to disappear, re-bait the trap but still don’t set the trigger.... then after a few days of free food set the trigger.

last week I found this....

They were on a hot date and stopped off for a bite to eat before deciding on his place or her place.

A couple of years ago I had a rat colony taking up residence in the far corner of the yard and noticed that I caught "two for one" one morning. Neighbor moved and new neighbor re-arranged the back corner of their yard and I removed an old concrete slab from a shed that was long gone. Rats moved down the street. They often start looking for new winter digs about this time of year. One tried to move in a week or two ago but our daughter's dog took care of that one.

Back
Top Bottom