Inside Grow Questions

bubbajake420

hey, my plant is about 6 inches or so tall, i dont know much about growing inside, and wondering about the veg and flowering stages, like when to start, and like, do you use different lights for these stages? and if so, what kind should i get and use?
thanks
-bubbajake

Knowing how tall and how much space you have to work with is a must. If your going to go with a HID set up i would find a ballast that is a hybrid. What i mean by that is find a ballast that you can stick a HPS or MH bulb in. This will give you the best of both worlds. I like MH for vegatative state, never used one personally but im saving.... & i prefer the HPS with CFL's for flowering. HPS for the lumens and spectrum of light. The CFLs are for "filler light" Where there might be a dark shadow in a corner or below the plant.

PS dont forget to read up on techniques for plant height management. FIM or TOPing

my grow room is about 4 feet by 8 feet, and i have 3 plants now all around 6-8 inches tall, i have two hids, dont know the wattage lol, but i also have a bunch of 4 foot floros, should i need to invest in something better? or will that do for the mean time of this grow?

You should be able to google the info on your ballest and figure out what it is. Do the same thing for the bulbs. You really should know what you are running... Why you are at it check around the site almost anything you want or need to know is here and if not help is at your finger tips... Figure out what you have before you start buying things then go from there.. :peace:

I completely agree with IRIE. The wattage is what makes most of your light set up. The distance from the plants, how much ventalation you may need all depends on what wattage and bulb you are using. Let us know when you find out

well i looked em up and what not and found that they are 400 watts, but they are only for hid bulbs or whatever ha, i may invest in a hybrid like you were sayin...

Ide figure out if one is HPS and the other MH or both are one or the other. There are some ballasts that will accept both of the bulbs. These are a lil more expensive. Any HPS or MH bulb would be good. Getting an extended spectrum bulb will be better for your plants. They run a lil more but are worth it in the long run. So you have 2 400w ballasts? That will de nicely :peace: hope to hear from you mare and watch your crop grow. lata :smokin:

Let us know what you figure out. The metal halide bulb is best for Veg and High Pressure Sodium is awesome for flowering. I didn't know if someone had said that to you before or you read it somewhere but yeah. lol

well, here is a little update, it is winter up here now for those who dont know, and my heat lamp went out, and all my time and effort is wasted, but i am starting over and learnin from mistakes, instead of the room i was using, which in the basement where without the lamp its way to cold for a plant, i moved out of my room and set it all up there, so hopefully i can make it work this time,

Back
Top Bottom