Inside Grow Start Up

KeithLemon

Can any of you tell what it may cost to start a basic in house grow? I have an outside plant and it is starting to cool off here in the northeast. I have a large 2 story house with rooms I do not even use. I am toying with an inside grow but do not want to break the bank to get started. I know it could be pricy, but I need to keep growing because these plants are all I think of, and I have plenty of time on my hands. (Retired)

Hi @KeithLemon

Depends on a few things.

How many plants ?

Do you mind the smell ? ;)

What kind of light ?

For starters, you don't really need a tent. You could partition off a corner of a room with 3/4" rigid insulation for two walls. Here they are $17 for a 4' x 8' sheet. That would give you a nice 4' x 4' space. Hang the light from the ceiling.

7" Honeywell fans are about $20/each, three of those. Two for circulation in the "room" and one for exhaust.

If smell is an issue a fan and filter can be $2-300.

Pots/medium/nutrients - maybe another $100 -150.

A 600w MH/HPS light with a parabolic reflector is about $300, with a timer and hangers.

Two to three times that cost for LED.

Quite a few growers on here that get quite acceptable results with much less than what I am suggesting :bongrip:

Answer those questions and we can go from there.

Cheers

I guess I need to see what my wife thinks about the smell. I forgot to mention her. I have all the room it will just take a commitment on my part. I have the money just need to pry it out of my wallet. If I do this, I will start with the minimal equipment and maybe 2 auto flowers. I have a couple months to think about it.

Back
Top Bottom