Inside The Mini-Tent, 150W LED, Going Coco For Tropicanna Bananna

When I start a manifold or a quad, I snip it at the 4th node. Once the branches start to form (about 2 inches) I start to train them by pulling the "branches" down with wire.
The little nubs under the branches are/were the fan leaves that you have tied back now.

Thank you for your input, my man!
Yeah I did the think about those just being leaves and not main branches. She looks like she's getting some branches growing on those fan leaves though!

Hi everyone! :ciao:

Things have been happening again in the Mini-Tent, she's looking a lot different from the last update.

Another in depth update coming either tomorrow or Monday.

Hope you're all well,
Stay safe and stay high
:thanks::passitleft::420:

Start of week 4 - Day 21 since sprouting

So a lot of stuff has happened since the last update. I decided that in order to keep the canopy as low as possible I'd start to lst wee Anna. I know it may look rough so far, but I do have an image of where I'm going with this.

15/05/2020
IMG_20200515_183130.jpg
IMG_20200515_183119.jpg
IMG_20200515_183049.jpg

I bent the stem over and then tied down all the foliage that would block the light penetrating the smaller growth. The two new growths where she was topped at the growth lower on the stem is what I'm planning on using to fill the tent prior to flipping.

16/05/2020
IMG_20200516_121227.jpg

She responded really well over night and some noticeable difference in the canopy the next feeding time.

IMG_20200516_184144.jpg

I balled up a bit of wire to support the stem from bending too much.

IMG_20200516_184253.jpg
IMG_20200516_184819.jpg

I also removed some growth that won't be a part of the finished plant. There was no light getting to this and it was really just using energy better spent elsewhere on the plant.

17/05/2020

IMG_20200517_183149.jpg

She started to bush out really nice. This strain is a super speedy grower, and my god she smells like weed already. Not just a plant smell. So the filter went on yesterday for 15 minutes every 1.5 hours and will run like this until it starts to really smell.
She had her feed upped ever so slightly to 1.2g per 1.5l and ph altered to 5.9 from 6.1 at previous feed.

18/05/2020
So looking at her today I realised that she really started to bush out so much. There were leaves with weak stems due to no light penetrating the canopy so I went at her on LST round 2.
IMG_20200518_180241.jpg

This was her when I went to feed her today..

IMG_20200518_183015.jpg

This is what she looks like now!
The next photo is better but sorry about the blurple. But that will need happen in a minute when I type it in the next post
I can't add any more pictures to this one

IMG_20200518_184018.jpg

So what you can see from above the canopy is all that I will be working with. Due to my limited space I removed one of the growth locations from the second node from the top.

IMG_20200518_183801.jpg

This was weak and was growing weird due to having little light from above and the restrains for the main stem interrupting the growth.
No matter. I have plenty to work with.

The idea is to cover as much of the tent with canopy and use my scrog net to keep it low and eventual support for bud sites.

Please, if anyone has anything to say regarding the work done, good or bad, please hit me with it.

This is very much experimental for me but I still want quality flowers!!

Thanks for stopping by
Stay safe and stay high
:thanks: :passitleft::420:

IMG_20200518_184018.jpg

So what you can see from above the canopy is all that I will be working with. Due to my limited space I removed one of the growth locations from the second node from the top.

IMG_20200518_183801.jpg

This was weak and was growing weird due to having little light from above and the restrains for the main stem interrupting the growth.
No matter. I have plenty to work with.

The idea is to cover as much of the tent with canopy and use my scrog net to keep it low and eventual support for bud sites.

Please, if anyone has anything to say regarding the work done, good or bad, please hit me with it.

This is very much experimental for me but I still want quality flowers!!

Thanks for stopping by
Stay safe and stay high
:thanks: :passitleft::420:
Looking great burdok, along with training and all the rest I was going to make or purchase a pot that wasn't so high but took up the entire floor space of the tent like myself those tents are conveniently small but pain for height wise lol ,grow coming along nicely just watch flower stretch I got carried away with veg training and by the time flower come round there was no were to lst or supercrop branches anywhere lol

Looking great burdok, along with training and all the rest I was going to make or purchase a pot that wasn't so high but took up the entire floor space of the tent like myself those tents are conveniently small but pain for height wise lol ,grow coming along nicely just watch flower stretch I got carried away with veg training and by the time flower come round there was no were to lst or supercrop branches anywhere lol

Thank you, my man. Much appreciated praise.

I thought about that, too. But then I worried about not being able to control the plant with that much space for the roots. I'd worry that she'd grow into a monster. I have some 3 gallon fabric pots coming very soon so she'll be up-potted to that before I flip her. I'm also going to use my trellis with some super cropping to keep her down. If that doesn't work then a second trellis will be added!! Or at least that's my thinking so far.

It's 10. 40am here, not long finished work. She's getting fed and played with at 6.30pm today so I'll throw another update on here then.

Hope you're well, my man

Good morning from the Mini-Tent, everyone. :ciao:

The LST that has been done so far has been working great, as it should.
The new growth down the stem has bushed out nicely. I removed the 3 biggest fan leaves as they were taking up too much space and I was feeling safe enough that she doesn't need them anymore.
What has been done has ended with a nice little bonsai-esque plant!

Old fan leaves:

IMG_20200521_101737.jpg

The stem:
IMG_20200521_101359.jpg
IMG_20200521_101351.jpg

The canopy:
IMG_20200521_101342.jpg
IMG_20200521_101334.jpg

I am noticing a few things wrong with the leaves that I've tried to identify but can't seem to narrow it down completely.
I think most of it is just damage and maybe from where I've poured the feed on the leaves when I'm watering her.
Some of it looks like natsy little bugs but I have checked her and the inside of the tent thoroughly and there is no bugs. The holes are also only on one leaf.
IMG_20200521_101616.jpg

The rest of the issues with the leaves are slight discolouration but I upped her feed and it did seem to help a little.
I have some calmag arriving today, as I know that I'll be needing it shortly as I filter my water.
IMG_20200521_101923.jpg
IMG_20200521_101913.jpg
IMG_20200521_101501.jpg
IMG_20200521_101443.jpg

My 3 gallon fabric pots arrived yesterday so I'm thinking I'm going to pop her into one tonight before she gets fed.

I'm also wondering how soon is too soon to take more fan leaves off? I have a lot of new growth being blocked from the light and it would be good to get it clear so the leaves can enjoy the lumens.

I also realise that I neglected to do an update about the fan for me filter. So I'll do that, also.

My next pondering is about a DIY feed to waste system to water the plant. I'm not considering this out of laziness, I'm just concerned that I won't be able to feed properly within such a compact area. I won't be able to get around the back of the plant and she will be fixed in place by the trellis.

So all that to come at some point.

If anyone can help me put a finger on my leaf problems, I'd love you greatly. Although I love you all anyway :circle-of-love:

Thanks for popping in, everyone.

Stay safe and stay high :hippy:

:thanks::cheer::420:

Howdy all. Here is an update from the mini tent from the past couple of days.

21/05/20
The 3 gallon smartpots arrived so I thought I'd get her into her new home.
IMG_20200521_191027.jpg
IMG_20200521_191016.jpg

Her roots were looking nice! She was definitely grateful for the up pot!
It didn't go very smoothly, however. There was no damage to the plant, but I ran out of coco and couldn't get the rest of the pot full. Thankfully the pot is made from fabric so I tied a bit of string around the pot tight as I could and hid the exposed roots. Oops :hmmmm:
I paid for this mistake, however. The only hydro store near me that's open is 2 miles away. And I don't drive. So I had to lug a 50litre bag of canna coco + all the way home in horrible humid weather.
It was worth it, though. She's very happy in her new pot now. I also put a layer of perlite at the top of the pot to fight against any potential invaders and help me water it more evenly.
This was her on 22/05/2020
IMG_20200522_190835.jpg
IMG_20200522_182602.jpg
IMG_20200522_182556.jpg

Absolutely loving the simplistic feeding routine. She's on about 0.5(ish)ml of calmag and 1.4g megacrog per 1.5l of water.
IMG_20200523_140124.jpg

This is all I use!

24/05/2020
So today she was looking beautifully bushy. Exactly what I was wanting to happen with this grow.
This was her when I went to feed her today
IMG_20200524_182526.jpg

The big fan leaves were blocking all the light to the lower growth so they went bye bye! So did any other fan leaf that was connected to growth strong enough to do its thing on its own.
I also topped all of her tops. She looks a lil different now!
IMG_20200524_183725.jpg
IMG_20200524_183715.jpg
IMG_20200524_183710.jpg

I got right in at the new tips and removed the very tip folded in the baby leaves. So I should see 2 more nodes grow out of each top. I'm going to throw the net over her once she grows up a bit and then fill it out and flip her.

That's all, everyone.

Stay safe and stay high :hippy:

Afternoon burdok, have a Google for single auto pot, your local grow shop should be able to hook you up.
Aye man, I've had a look at them before. Could I just pop my fabric pot on top instead of the plastic one?

Aye man, I've had a look at them before. Could I just pop my fabric pot on top instead of the plastic one?
I don't know bud, I've never used them myself, but I bet you could modify if needed.
Also, there's a thread on hear about wicking your plants, which is a similar theory, I believe the thread was started by sweetsue.

I don't know bud, I've never used them myself, but I bet you could modify if needed.
Also, there's a thread on hear about wicking your plants, which is a similar theory, I believe the thread was started by sweetsue.
Thanks bud. I think I've come up with a temporary solution. Gonna throw an update up in a mo

Back
Top Bottom