Instant Hash Bhang (for 2)

StonyGeoff

This seems kinda cool. Gonna try it out today.

Excerpt from the book 'The Art and Science of Cooking with Cannabis' by Adam Gottlieb

Website can be found here - Cooking With Cannabis

--

Instant Hash Bhang for 2

* 0.5 to 1 gram of hash
* 1.3 cm slice of butter
* milk (cold)

1. Add the butter to 0.5 L (17 oz) of boiling water.

2. Crumble in the hash and let slowly boil for a minute or more.

3. Fill two 250 ml (8 oz) parfait glasses (or any vessels that won't crack from the heat) one third the way with milk.

4. Strain the hash concoction through a fine-mesh strainer. Save the residue.

5. Add honey or other sweetener.

6. Flavor with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, almond extract or any item of this sort.

--

I'm a little confused as to what he meant by 'save the residue'.

If one was to strain the butter/hash/water mix through a fine mesh screen, theoretically you'd lose the butter as it's a liquid, probably the hash too as it'd be a liquid too due to the heat and dilution.

Perhaps he meant you should save the liquid which drains out but throw away whatever's left in the strainer, which I imagine wouldn't be much anyway.

Then with the leftover liquid, you divide it, add it to the glasses of milk, drink and enjoy.

Credit to The Hippie at Helsinki University of Technology 31.8.1995 for summarizing the recipes and putting together a website for us.

Yeah it's unclear what he's referring to as residue. The water with the butter (and the THC dissolved out of the hash and bound to the fat in the butter) is the good stuff, and what you add flavoring to and drink. It seems like the residue should grammatically refer to whatever you filter out of the water...any bits if vegetative matter or undissolved hash. Personally I'd gulp that down as a little added kicker.

That's a lot of hash to cook for 2 people in one sitting. I usually take enough for a couple of hits (what I'd use in two doses out of my single hit pipe) and make a drink out of that. The results are amazing. Drinking ten times that much might make be a little uncomfortable and probably waste a lot of good meds.

For me a drink like this would take 4 or 5 hours to really kick in.

Back
Top Bottom