Instant hermie?

canniballs

Hey guys, I'm new to growing but I've been cultivating some plants in a closet type setting under CFL's for a couple months now and i have some healthy looking young plants.
I have been vegging them under 24hr lighting and a week or so ago i changed to a 12/12 system to induce flowering and sift out the males.
After most of them had been sexed i put them back under 24hr lighting and removed the males.
My problem is; one of the plants i had initially diagnosed as female (many obvoius female preflowers) appears to also have a single male preflower growing from one node.
my questions are; is this common? and (if it is a male flower) can i simply remove it and continue or should i scrap the whole plant? also, would clones from this plant also likely be hermies?

p.s. this particular plant IS the product of bagseed, if that means anything

I will endevour to upload photos as soon as i figure out how...

cheers, out.

Re: instant hermie??

SAM_07291.JPG

here you can see the male preflower on the left, and a little female one on the right.

Re: instant hermie??

:welcome: Your right I see the ball but no white hairs. Hard to tell from pics, give it a little more time, soon it will be obvious.:peace:

female pollen makes female seeds.

There is no such thing as female pollen.

It is possible to have single hermie growing points, you can cut them out, but watch the plant very closely throughout bloom to catch any more before they seed your females. I have two recommendations for you: 1) don't veg 24/0, try 20/4 or 18/6, just like us, plants need rest to thrive; 2) don't switch back and forth between vegging-flowering-vegging again, this could stress the plants and cause more hermies. Best of luck!

There is no such thing as female pollen.

It is possible to have single hermie growing points, you can cut them out, but watch the plant very closely throughout bloom to catch any more before they seed your females. I have two recommendations for you: 1) don't veg 24/0, try 20/4 or 18/6, just like us, plants need rest to thrive; 2) don't switch back and forth between vegging-flowering-vegging again, this could stress the plants and cause more hermies. Best of luck!

Yes, but the pollen that is present is lacking male DNA.

When a plant turns hermie it produces all female seeds or a high percent of females so its basically female pollen, If you pollenate a plant with the hermie(female) pollen you get 99% female seeds. Read Genetic question

Back
Top Bottom