Instant Pot Canna Coffee Creamer: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

Made with sweetened condensed milk puts this off the radar for those watching sugar consumption. My apologies. The idea was to find a way to make it work, not make it work healthier. Maybe someone can find a way to adapt this recipe to accommodate those who can’t take the sugar load.

My cannabis-infused creamer was made with an Instant Pot pressure cooker in the Slow Cook mode, but any water bath arrangement (the jar sits in hot water, but off the floor of the pot) will work as well. Many of us have purchased IPs for oil infusions, so this seemed a natural.

Keep your water at a simmer. Avoid temperatures high enough for boiling and your milk won’t scorch.

Equipment and supplies:
* Instant Pot (or saucepan set up for water bath)
* Jar to hold milk and buds
* Dried and cured cannabis buds
* Sweetened condensed milk
* Straining cloth and mesh strainer (for support)
* Container to strain into
* Storage jars

The ratio of buds to milk is entirely up to personal choice, as is the type of buds chosen. Sativas are a great pick-me-up with that first cup in the morning. I like my wake ‘n bake to be a stout one, so I used 5 grams of bud to one 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk. A more rational choice for many would be in the 2-3 gram range for each can of milk.

When the cycle is done you want to flip the valve open to do a quick release of the pressure. Do this carefully.

After it’s released jiggle the lid to get the button to drop. It won’t open until the button drops.

THE JAR IS HOT!

The milk should sit a little more than halfway submerged in the hot water bath.

Choose “Slow Cook”, set for “Less” and run for 3 hours. If necessary add more water to keep at least half your milk volume submerged.

Sometimes you have to improvise for straining.

Sweetened condensed milk isn’t as efficient as EVOO for extracting cannabinoids. You can count on there being more cannabinoids trapped in the plant material. These buds have been steeped in sweet milk for three hours. They can be a tasty delicacy if you appreciate the strong taste of cannabis. They can also be incorporated into some other food with a little creativity.

Store in the fridge and do your best to keep from dipping a spoon in every time you open the door to get something out. Lol! It’s effective and tastier used in a 1:1 ratio with regular coffee creamer.

May you enjoy as much as I do. This is becoming a regular feature in my personal regimen. :battingeyelashes:

:bravo:

I’m one who consumes no sugar (except what’s naturally in vegetables etc) but I had to read it anyway! I’ve been using either coconut cream or almond milk in my beverages and I’m sure I can adapt this.

But wow - I used to looove condensed milk. It sounds so delicious :drool:

I’m one who consumes no sugar (except what’s naturally in vegetables etc) but I had to read it anyway! I’ve been using either coconut cream or almond milk in my beverages and I’m sure I can adapt this.

But wow - I used to looove condensed milk. It sounds so delicious :drool:

It is delicious. Lol! I made a small edit near the end about mixing it with your regular creamer.

I hope someday we find a way to do this without the sugar.

I’ve been using 1 Tbs of the infused condensed milk and a half ounce of whole milk per 8oz coffee. I had intended to try a bunch of flavors but I personally love the flavor of the infused condensed milk alone. It’s very addictive and really has a subtle but nice cannabis flavor.

I tried some OG Kush and it tastes just as good as the SLH was, but not the same motivational high. I’m going to use the rest of the Jack Herer next time. :drool:

:passitleft:

I’ve been using 1 Tbs of the infused condensed milk and a half ounce of whole milk per 8oz coffee. I had intended to try a bunch of flavors but I personally love the flavor of the infused condensed milk alone. It’s very addictive and really has a subtle but nice cannabis flavor.

I tried some OG Kush and it tastes just as good as the SLH was, but not the same motivational high. I’m going to use the rest of the Jack Herer next time. :drool:

Mmm... let us know how the Jack Herer comes out. That SLH was a delicious chemovar. I may have to grow one someday.

Made with sweetened condensed milk puts this off the radar for those watching sugar consumption. My apologies. The idea was to find a way to make it work, not make it work healthier. Maybe someone can find a way to adapt this recipe to accommodate those who can’t take the sugar load.

My cannabis-infused creamer was made with an Instant Pot pressure cooker in the Slow Cook mode, but any water bath arrangement (the jar sits in hot water, but off the floor of the pot) will work as well. Many of us have purchased IPs for oil infusions, so this seemed a natural.

Keep your water at a simmer. Avoid temperatures high enough for boiling and your milk won’t scorch.

Equipment and supplies:
* Storage jars

The ratio of buds to milk is entirely up to personal choice, as is the type of buds chosen. Sativas are a great pick-me-up with that first cup in the morning. I like my wake ‘n bake to be a stout one, so I used 5 grams of bud to one 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk. A more rational choice for many would be in the 2-3 gram range for each can of milk.

When the cycle is done you want to flip the valve open to do a quick release of the pressure. Do this carefully.

After it’s released jiggle the lid to get the button to drop. It won’t open until the button drops.

THE JAR IS HOT!

Choose “Slow Cook”, set for “Less” and run for 3 hours. If necessary add more water to keep at least half your milk volume submerged.

Sweetened condensed milk isn’t as efficient as EVOO for extracting cannabinoids. You can count on there being more cannabinoids trapped in the plant material. These buds have been steeped in sweet milk for three hours. They can be a tasty delicacy if you appreciate the strong taste of cannabis. They can also be incorporated into some other food with a little creativity.

Store in the fridge and do your best to keep from dipping a spoon in every time you open the door to get something out. Lol! It’s effective and tastier used in a 1:1 ratio with regular coffee creamer.

May you enjoy as much as I do. This is becoming a regular feature in my personal regimen. :battingeyelashes:

Deeeelish!!!

Equipment and supplies:
* Storage jars

THE JAR IS HOT!

Amazing sue!! I’ll be making some of this for sure with my harvest trim from my big Early Miss I just harvested !! I can’t wait I have a recipe that uses condensed milk as well so I’ll be doing a baking edition soon !

Awesome idea and thanks a bunch For another great idea!

Amazing sue!! I’ll be making some of this for sure with my harvest trim from my big Early Miss I just harvested !! I can’t wait I have a recipe that uses condensed milk as well so I’ll be doing a baking edition soon !

Awesome idea and thanks a bunch For another great idea!

My pleasure Dutchman. Think wedding morning coffee. :battingeyelashes:

Feel free to leave documentation of your Early Miss creamer adventure.

Got around to making the canna creamer today! I ended up with 8.75grams of decarbed EM lower popcorn.

Went with your tutorial and after squeezing out the cheesecloth and sitting back for a bit I’m feeling great! Thanks again for the inspiration Sue!
Here’s some pictures along the way!

92E642E8-9CFB-49BC-94AE-A4172D5DDE74.jpeg
43F6C5C6-E0C9-41D6-BA81-F2F803675346.jpeg
2E51F11E-678D-41CD-8FE9-BD77474B6468.jpeg
B5D3F7E9-AABF-40CF-A267-42F1B1CD3D4C.jpeg

Well....that was a thing of beauty Dutchman.

I couldn’t be more proud of the effort or the lovely documentation. Look at how easy you made that look! :welldone:

This latest batch I used very finely ground decarbed herbs, but it didn’t work out well at all. Much too hard to strain. I ended up with only 8oz of strained infused condensed milk out of 28oz. I added way too much on purpose because the delicious leftovers are destined to fill “dark chocolate ravioli”.

Next time I’m either going to use non-ground herbs or a couple of those little metal loose tea holders to keep the herbs a bit separated from the milk.

My morning coffee tastes like a liquid joint. It’s about the greatest thing ever!

This latest batch I used very finely ground decarbed herbs, but it didn’t work out well at all. Much too hard to strain. I ended up with only 8oz of strained infused condensed milk out of 28oz. I added way too much on purpose because the delicious leftovers are destined to fill “dark chocolate ravioli”.

Next time I’m either going to use non-ground herbs or a couple of those little metal loose tea holders to keep the herbs a bit separated from the milk.

My morning coffee tastes like a liquid joint. It’s about the greatest thing ever!

I’m down to the last bit in the fridge. Awk! “Liquid joint”.....could you feel the eyes and ears perk up at that one. Lol!

You may need to rig up a modest herbal press with a couple stainless dog bowls. It might have gotten more out. Then again, those pucks hold an incredible amount of plant material. That’s a lot of fiber to grab and hold the milk.

I just tried some from my fourth batch, it’s probably the best so far. This time I used an 1/8th of Jack Herer for a 14oz can of condensed milk. I have never found a better way to taste the difference between strains. This Jack Herer coffee tastes like Jack Herer coffee, and the OG Kush tasted like OG Kush coffee.

I’m not a good judge of potency since I’m mostly high all day long, but after drinking the coffee I smoke less joints so it does seem to work well. The OG Kush made the GF too sleepy so I’ll probably try to stick to sativas from now on.

Back
Top Bottom