420 Magazine Background

Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

Caberg

This is an awesome tutorial and I can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for posting it. I'm very interested in decarbing in my Instant Pot because.... well, I already have an Instant Pot, and my oven temp fluctuates a lot and I'd love to have a more consistent method.

I have a question about time. I've seen a few other guides suggest 40 minutes on the "high" high pressure setting, whereas SweetSue's tutorial suggests 110 minutes. That's quite a big variation. And I will say that most decarb guides I've read, suggest timeframes closer to the 40 minute target when temps are around 240F like with the Instant Pot in high pressure mode.

I'm sorry if there's already been a discussion on this point earlier in this thread. I did read a lot of it, but did not come across the time issue. If I just missed it, please feel free to ignore me, or if you are feeling nice, maybe point me to the correct page or post #.

Thanks for all the great contributions here!!

-Caberg

oldsmokey

Just remember 110. 110 minutes at 110 Celsius. I will let it cool over night and then run it for another 110 minutes the next day.

B Dub

Hello all,

I just wanted to check in and see if I’m on the right track.

We enjoy flower and edibles most days and probably have a high tolerance.

That being said, I’m using 40 grams of quality lowers and mids per cup of oil. Our standard dose is 1 tsp or 2 00 caps. That works out to approximately.8 grams per dose.

Does that seem like allot to anyone else?

I run the flower through the instapot once or twice on high for 110 minutes. I use a hand blender and grind the flower into the oil inside a mason jar before the first and second round. Then I put the lid on the jar slightly loose and cover with foil and let the instapot work.

Happy holidays everyone.

SerasVictoria

HI all, new here but been reading the forum for a while and I have a question. Posting here as this was the first thread i read about instantpot.

I have seen a lot of comments on youtube etc that the instantpot cooks to 15psi (aka 250f) and thats a good temp for decarbing your product... except reading instantpots own site it mentions that the PSI's are lower

High Pressure is from 10.2 – 11.6 psi and Low Pressure is from 5.8 – 7.2 psi.

I do not know what temp 10.2-11.6 psi actually is, google did not give me a suitable calculator

So my question is, does the PSI that it actually get to suffice for getting the best out of your oil/butter infusions?

bluter

Grow Journal of the Month: July 2020
HI all, new here but been reading the forum for a while and I have a question. Posting here as this was the first thread i read about instantpot.

I have seen a lot of comments on youtube etc that the instantpot cooks to 15psi (aka 250f) and thats a good temp for decarbing your product... except reading instantpots own site it mentions that the PSI's are lower

High Pressure is from 10.2 – 11.6 psi and Low Pressure is from 5.8 – 7.2 psi.

I do not know what temp 10.2-11.6 psi actually is, google did not give me a suitable calculator

So my question is, does the PSI that it actually get to suffice for getting the best out of your oil/butter infusions?

yes.

in the thread i mention i do a double cook with a cool down period between. i have found this does make a difference over a single. i have also found subsequent cooks past 2 really doesn't do much and may even be detrimental.

not scientific. just experience.

gr865

I think 165 - 175 F is what works. That's what I've been aiming for, hope it's right.

Thanks, I sat it on the high pressure setting for the first run, then for the second run I sat it on low pressure. Will see how it turns out.

bluter

Grow Journal of the Month: July 2020
if i decarb in the oven prior to putting it in oil in the instant pot, what temp should I use to cook the oil?

you don't decarb. it decarbs in the instant pot. decarbing prior could destroy the cannabinoids if you follow the process after.

Agemon

Creme de la Creme Photos of the Year: 2017 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Aug, Sept, Oct & Nov 2017 - Photo of the Month: May 2018, Mar 2019
I like to steep the infusion first. I use the coconut oil as it goes great with the brownies. I use a 1:1 ratio and let the oil and cannabis cohabitate for up to a month. Then I put the jar in the slow cooker and leave for up to 24 hours, 5 at the cooking temp and another 19 at the 'Keep Warm' setting.

I also use a potato ricer to press the mash. I use cheese cloth, doubled up, to strain. And finally a funnel into a clean jar. I've found that the oil tastes less green if you let it steep.

Stay Baked!

Top Bottom