Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

also want to get rid of unneeded organic matter to possibly increase shelf life

refrigerate for increased shelf life or freeze for near indefinite.

and I also wanted to limit the 'green' taste as much as possible.

in for a penny in for a pound ...
although if you are doing it as caps you don't taste it. if you want a treat and try a vg infusion sublingual. they're delicious, so long as you start with decent weed.

The last one I'm not sure if I accomplished as it still has the taste 'green'... those are my thoughts, If I do again I would probably do it exactly the same.

it's all part of the whole experience, but you should get other terpene flavours as well, if not even more overpowering.

the green taste is chlorophyll, which is more associated with the grow / harvest / cure processes, not the infusion. the infusion flavours are only the expression.

Has any one added flavoring oils to their extracts?

i would not want to ruin it. try a vg infusion.

refrigerate for increased shelf life or freeze for near indefinite.

in for a penny in for a pound ...
although if you are doing it as caps you don't taste it. if you want a treat and try a vg infusion sublingual. they're delicious, so long as you start with decent weed.

it's all part of the whole experience, but you should get other terpene flavours as well, if not even more overpowering.

the green taste is chlorophyll, which is more associated with the grow / harvest / cure processes, not the infusion. the infusion flavours are only the expression.

i would not want to ruin it. try a vg infusion.
the dispensary i used to get my oil from flavored it with orange

That seems a good way to make the infused cannabis oil.
However, In looking at the whole procedure, It seems that my magic butter machine
does everything Automatically. in addition You can use Grape seed oil, MCT oil, or Ethyl grain Alcohol.
The magic butter machine does it in either 4 or 8 hours.
Thanks for your posting and demo.

That seems a good way to make the infused cannabis oil.
However, In looking at the whole procedure, It seems that my magic butter machine
does everything Automatically. in addition You can use Grape seed oil, MCT oil, or Ethyl grain Alcohol.
The magic butter machine does it in either 4 or 8 hours.
Thanks for your posting and demo.

IP does the same. the main advantage to an IP is 1/4 the cost. you don't need either for ethyl if you wanna do it correct.

Decarb - place broken up buds in heat-safe container (lid finger tight only) and place in Instapot on the metal trivet; add about a cup of water just to bottom of trivet. Press manual / high pressure. Adjust time to heat for 50 mins (manual) to decarb. No keep warm. Quick press release. When done buds will be brownish. You can keep dry decarbed buds in fridge or freezer for a several months. Same with infused oil.
I found my herb was pretty wet when decarbed in the IP compared to the same container (I used a canning jar) in the toaster oven.

Do you not find that as well?

I found my herb was pretty wet when decarbed in the IP compared to the same container (I used a canning jar) in the toaster oven.

depends how wet it is when you start. main advantage to an ip is decarbing and infusion in one cycle.

remember if you are decarbing alone that the ip works on combination of pressure and steam. steam implies water is present. you have to be sure to isolate it from that if decarbing alone, and start with dry weed. i usually break it up and let it sit 24hrs in the open if decarbing alone.

I did decarb it alone but it was normally dry (60%?) When i started. Maybe I need to get it down sub 50% next time.

@bluter, that gummy recipe called for 2, 50 minute cycles in the IP whereas your VG recipe calls for 2, 110 min cycles. Is that just the difference in using VG as opposed to oil, or something else?

This pretty close to my method of making gummies, only I use a little less gelatin, and I use citric acid instead of sweetener. Makes them sour, but it's powerful stuff. A little goes a long way!
Like how much c. a. Do you use?

Like how much c. a. Do you use?
About 7 to 10ml. I tried 15ml once and they were a little too sour.
It tasted a little better when I also added some lemon juice, but that depends on what flavour of gummies you're making.

I did decarb it alone but it was normally dry (60%?) When i started. Maybe I need to get it down sub 50% next time.

@bluter, that gummy recipe called for 2, 50 minute cycles in the IP whereas your VG recipe calls for 2, 110 min cycles. Is that just the difference in using VG as opposed to oil, or something else?

the times don't change if you read from the beginning of the thread. only the number of cooks. it's always 1:50, not 1:10 or :50.

others may have adpated it to their needs, but the basic recipe remains the same.

Just throwing in a bit more info. I jar all my stuff and keep and 62. I don't dry the flower before I make the oil, just grind and soak. The coffee grinder is amazing for the flower and my goodness what a yield on sticky icky. I scrape as much as I can into the mix to try and keep as uch of the goodness as possible.

Howdy all for us we 7sed to use the crock pot and cheese Coth and then upgraded to the magic butter maker but still had to decarboxylate in the oven an AWFUL LOT of work but now we use the Ardent it takes ALL the Guess work out of De carbing and infusion and anyone can use it it's FULLY AUTOMATIC wet, dry , keif, trimmings ( I use that in the worm bin) doesn't matter perfect temp every time Even I can de carb and infuse with out screwing it up I actually use our solvent less rosin pressing bags after I m done pressing with the left over to help with infusion HOLY CRAP! It's good 👍 I'm no criticism here just passing on some info

IMG_20230207_180507.jpg

Hi Azimuth!

YES!
I use a small stainless steel pot (scared of shattered glass) with a sealable lid - gasket seal. I think the pressure forces some moisture into the container. The decarbed flower is slightly more moist than when it started. Does not seem to be a big deal for me as the final gummies taste fine with the desired effects.

I was wondering if a canning jar would help keep it dry. Sounds like the pressure also forces moisture inside the jar. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

Hi Azimuth!

YES!
I use a small stainless steel pot (scared of shattered glass) with a sealable lid - gasket seal. I think the pressure forces some moisture into the container. The decarbed flower is slightly more moist than when it started. Does not seem to be a big deal for me as the final gummies taste fine with the desired effects.

I was wondering if a canning jar would help keep it dry. Sounds like the pressure also forces moisture inside the jar. Unless I'm doing it wrong.
I kept the lid on but the ring loose so that moisture could escape, but maybe it worked in reverse. 🤔

I kept the lid on but the ring loose so that moisture could escape, but maybe it worked in reverse. 🤔
I plan on making another batch of gummies tonight. Debating whether to go with a jar and tighten the lid, or continue with the metal pot. The moist decarbed flower does not seem to be an issue with potency or taste so I may just do it the way I normally do.

the times don't change if you read from the beginning of the thread. only the number of cooks. it's always 1:50, not 1:10 or :50.

others may have adpated it to their needs, but the basic recipe remains the same.
Thanks. I do do 1:50, not sure why I wrote 1:10. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom