Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

Thank you for the tip on specific strains I did look at the Seedman site after I read your post and was very happy to see that they even had tabs to help me with specific disorders. **Amazing**

ACDC if thats the strain name I will look for it, thank you so much for taking the time to post that.

@SweetSue what an awesome person you are, thank you for all that information and taking time out of your life to type it and post it for me. That link was extremely helpful aswell. Yes you did assume right about the epilepsy, seizures are horrible things and the poor little darlings deserve better in every way.. I'm also wanting to help children with multiple diagnoses which may be tricky but one particular amazing 6yr old little boy.. My own, really could benefit from the right dosage in the right manner.. He suffers ASD,ADHD,Anxiety, sensory processing and developmental delays.

It's difficult to know what to do at times and honestly I struggle with keeping on top of things. The Australian Government is in short pathetic and extremely difficult to reason with... Hence me going the unconventional route..

I have learnt so much from all the posts you have written SweetSue and you are an asset beyond measure to us folk that are clutching at straws with what to do and how.
I will try and buy a decent pressure cooker local to be ready to make oils.. I particularly look forward to adding infusions I think they are referred to.. although in my mind atm it's just omega 3 fish oil to help brain activity.. But anything that will help with calmness and or focusis always going to be helpful.

Ps ty ty ty I better stop now because I feel a little bit all pver the place atm.
It is always better, as you did, to tell us what the disorders etc. are. Then we know what you need and can help better.
I do feel for you :hug::circle-of-love::hug:I can truly understand the frustration. And yes, AC/DC is the strain.
SweetSue is an amazing person we all love deeply.
I am glad I could help you a bit on your path to heal with Cannabis.
Never hesitate to ask for help. We do a lot to help when we can.

Hi @Aussiegirl im about to run a Candida CD-1 in our outdoor summer for similar reasons. Not for kids specifically but for folks who are not THC tolerant and want to start with CBD and then add in THC slowly (also so I can tailor my own dosing a bit more). There are a few strains with very high CBD and very low THC - Candida CD-1 and AC/DC get mentioned the most and are pretty tried and true. I’m not sure if AC/DC is available as seed, others may have info on that. But Candida is carried by Seedsman and other well known seedbanks too. If you have access to growing that’s going to be your best bet I think. We don’t have the easy access to dispensaries or isolates here... got do it all old school DIY! Some kind of legalisation is coming though - although I expect it will be pretty hamstrung for a while, it’s going to improve here over the next few years a lot... I’m sure if it.

Great thread Sue! Thanks again. The Instant Pot method seems very low fuss indeed. :thumb:

Our goal here at :420: is to make this easier to comprehend and apply in practical terms.

If it were me I’d be starting with a focus to build that CBD-rich medication Martin Lee of Project CBD is always pushing. Microdose the THC in by very small increments as you go.

We’ll be here if you need us to help you sort it out.

Great thread Sue! Thanks again. The Instant Pot method seems very low fuss indeed. :thumb:

I’m glad you found it useful Amy. :hug: I made a batch last night I’m getting ready to strain. I love being able to set it and walk away, confident that it’ll have produced powerful healing oils by morning light.

I’ve noted that the reason I get an almost complete decarb is likely because I leave it in the pressure cooker until it’s completely cooled, usually overnight.

Tonight I opened it soon after the pressure dissipated enough to open safely and found it still bubbling away. I closed it all back up and walked away.

Another SweetSue thread to add to my collection.. :rofl:

I think you have answered this before but I can't recall where, and now that you have a thread dedicated to the Instant Pot.
I see you have set the time to 1 hour 50 minutes, but were there any other settings used? For instances I see buttons for soup broth, etc..

Next, is that the painter style straining bags your using?
Can this be done with fresh herb directly harvested with the same results?

Lastly and a little unrelated.. i have seen all kinds of those hygrometers at the Zon, but looking at the mixed reviews I don't know which ones are good and work properly.

Does anyone have a link or recommendations for a quality hygrometer?

Another SweetSue thread to add to my collection.. :rofl:

I think you have answered this before but I can't recall where, and now that you have a thread dedicated to the Instant Pot.
I see you have set the time to 1 hour 50 minutes, but were there any other settings used? For instances I see buttons for soup broth, etc..

Next, is that the painter style straining bags your using?
Can this be done with fresh herb directly harvested with the same results?

Lastly and a little unrelated.. i have seen all kinds of those hygrometers at the Zon, but looking at the mixed reviews I don't know which ones are good and work properly.

Does anyone have a link or recommendations for a quality hygrometer?

I haven’t used my IP for anything other than making infused oils m’lord, but all those buttons do other amazing cooking things like make soup or yougurt. The IP is a 7-in-1 configuration.

I have paint strainer bags, and they work, but my oils get strained through 125 tpi silkscreen silk I purchased at the rain forest site.

I don’t know anything about the hygrometers. Hopefully someone else’ll step in for that question. :hug:

We have 2 of em....I need to figure out how to make something I can puff in my vaporizer....??

This might help BB. You’ll need CCO for it, but you know how to make that, don’t you?

Stable e-juice

This might help BB. You’ll need CCO for it, but you know how to make that, don’t you?

Stable e-juice

Thanks for the link. For weedables .. pretty much all I know how to make are fatty nugz. :passitleft:

We use the IP to make our dog food.. so put a chicken there and do 45 minutes hit start... boom done. De-bone meat put bones back in for 60 minutes and they are edible (for dogs). (with a water of course). Amazing piece of gear.

You get my message about Tiptina's downtown??

Thanks for the link. For weedables .. pretty much all I know how to make are fatty nugz. :passitleft:

We use the IP to make our dog food.. so put a chicken there and do 45 minutes hit start... boom done. De-bone meat put bones back in for 60 minutes and they are edible (for dogs). (with a water of course). Amazing piece of gear.

You get my message about Tiptina's downtown??

No I didn’t BB. I’ve left NOLA. At the moment I have no home.

I've made oil and butter using many techniques. In the old days, cooked butter directly on stove, carefully watching over it, so as not to let it burn, then the old slow cooker became my favorite way to make it with a butter/water mix. Then I got an MB2. I've really enjoyed the ease of that machine. I don't know that I've really fully LOVED the final product from that method. My most successful batches were made with what's left over in a volcano vaporizer. I'm sure, because it gets naturally decarbed as you vaporize the bud.
I tried this particular method, yesterday, and am pleasantly surprised, especially considering I used a different ratio of bud to oil than the last time I made the oil with this particular strain and harvest of bud (Coked Out Girl Scout Cookies.) It gave me a heady, visual experience, with overall euphoria. The last batch I made, using MB2, made me feel way more jittery, but also gave me a lot more energy, so it's kind of a toss up on that aspect, in all other ways, I think I prefer this method, and look forward to experimenting with it more in the future.

Back
Top Bottom