Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

I have also seen this suggestion but never tried it. Ive never seen enough positive commentary on it to feel like it was worth trying. However, the extractors prewash all their material in ethanol. I will ask them about it. Things that make you go hmmm.

Thank you Cannasavvy. :hug: I wasn’t aware of the prewash. I’d bet their production timelines are tighter than ours.

Hahaha! Brilliant! I love creative repurposing.

:passitleft:

I'm not going to say that my last recipe is my "go to"
Still trying to adapt my methods
I will say that one thing that I have been convinced of, that decarbed is the most important step.

I guess until we see repeatable testing it is all trial and error.
There are many roads to Rome

I'm not going to say that my last recipe is my "go to"
Still trying to adapt my methods
I will say that one thing that I have been convinced of, that decarbed is the most important step.

I guess until we see repeatable testing it is all trial and error.
There are many roads to Rome
Is this my que for some instant pot test runs? Hmmm.

I’d recommend you run it again and let it naturally vent. In other words let it cool for a couple hours before opening it. It was still decarbing when you opened it. I’ve figured out it’s that extra time in there that gets the more complete decarb.
Definitely do a double run. I ran a batch in the instapot for 2:30 and then let it cool overnight. First thing in the morning, I’ll run it again and let it cool. Then strain and add your sunflower letch. It made some super strong butter. No pre decarb was necessary in the instapot. (Pressure cooking)
I’m currently rerunning my gummy bear oil to take it up a notch.

For me test runs using a "little Dipper" mini Crock-Pot would be helpful
As I don't have an instant pot;)
That is if you are going to do it anyways :p
Sorry my crockpot bit the dust and got replaced with an instant pot.;)

I did a double run on oil in the instapot today. High pressure for 3 hrs. Cool to room temp and then ran again. Just rubbed my face and hands with some fresh topical blend of grape seed, castor, & cold pressed cocunt oil combined with OGkush. Then finished with a few concentrated drops of lavender oil for smell. I have to say I’m a fan. My skin has a very low tingling and feels great and refreshed. Going for the feet next...

I’d recommend you run it again and let it naturally vent. In other words let it cool for a couple hours before opening it. It was still decarbing when you opened it. I’ve figured out it’s that extra time in there that gets the more complete decarb.
Definitely do a double run. I ran a batch in the instapot for 2:30 and then let it cool overnight. First thing in the morning, I’ll run it again and let it cool. Then strain and add your sunflower letch. It made some super strong butter. No pre decarb was necessary in the instapot. (Pressure cooking)
I’m currently rerunning my gummy bear oil to take it up a notch.

Thanks! However, I got ahead of myself and already capped everything so I’m making more now using olive and hemp oil

I’ve seen chatter somewhere about how many cannabinoids a carrier can hold so it got me thinking. I’d like to be able to take 1 cap, size 0, and be set. Therefore making 2 caps quite an adventure!
Anywho...would anyone know if 5oz of oil can absorb the goodies from an ounce of flower? The batch running now I used 11gr into 5ozs of oil and if it doesn’t meet my desires I’d like to infuse it further with another 10gr.
If it matters much I used 4oz of olive plus 1oz of hemp oil and the strain I used is called lifesaver

Ok..so I let the new batch sit in the PC for 3hrs after it had finished the 1hr 10min cycle. I then wanted to see what it would do in an oil bath at a temp I can see and measure. At around 200f the oil came to life and didn’t quit til I turned the heat down which was around 230f. Does this sound right?

I’ve seen chatter somewhere about how many cannabinoids a carrier can hold so it got me thinking. I’d like to be able to take 1 cap, size 0, and be set. Therefore making 2 caps quite an adventure!
Anywho...would anyone know if 5oz of oil can absorb the goodies from an ounce of flower? The batch running now I used 11gr into 5ozs of oil and if it doesn’t meet my desires I’d like to infuse it further with another 10gr.
If it matters much I used 4oz of olive plus 1oz of hemp oil and the strain I used is called lifesaver

I do a standard 1:1, 1 oz of carrier oil to 1gram of bud. With olive oil you’ll get a higher saturation point than other carrier oils, and we’ve used up to a triple -strength, which is where we believe the oil hits that point of being overwhelmed by the cannabinoids.

Your 11 grams in my kitchen would have been added to anywhere from 4 to 11 ounces of oil, depending on how strong it needed to be.

When I do something strong I sometimes run the cycle twice after letting it sit overnight.

Also just so I have confirmation...when the oil stops bubbling it’s done?? I know that’s the word for CCO but I’m not so sure about carrier oils.

When the bubbles stop its completely decarbed.

Ok..so I let the new batch sit in the PC for 3hrs after it had finished the 1hr 10min cycle. I then wanted to see what it would do in an oil bath at a temp I can see and measure. At around 200f the oil came to life and didn’t quit til I turned the heat down which was around 230f. Does this sound right?

That had to be a typo. Lol! I’m assuming you meant 280° or thereabouts? At those temps the action picks up dramatically.

You’re looking for around 235° for a hot oil bath decarb. Anything higher can compromise your cannabinoid values. It’ll take close to two hours to do one start to finish (without the IP). When removed from the IP and set into the hot oil bath it’ll still be bubbling a bit, and it should stop very soon after you get the temps adjusted because the cycle in the IP is pretty efficient.

Are you having fun luckydux? :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Ok. Thanks you so much! :green_heart:

I have to wonder if my IP has seen better days though because that wasn’t a typo. After all that time in the IP, I didn’t have it in the bath for more than 10 min before I decided to turn it off and get confirmation on what I’m looking at.

I’ve got it on the oil bath again now so I’ll let it go a little longer

Ok. Thanks you so much! :green_heart:

I have to wonder if my IP has seen better days though because that wasn’t a typo. After all that time in the IP, I didn’t have it in the bath for more than 10 min before I decided to turn it off and get confirmation on what I’m looking at.

I’ve got it on the oil bath again now so I’ll let it go a little longer

So it was close. Another 20 min in the bath and it’s finally done!

Well, I’m still not satisfied so I gotta try something else. I’m gonna run more herb through some of it. I put a couple ounces in caps for others that may appreciate this dosage but i need a bit more punch.
I’ve also concluded that it makes my stomach feel off. Not really upset, just slightly uncomfortable. So I’ll have to try different oils as well...next time.

Well, I’m still not satisfied so I gotta try something else. I’m gonna run more herb through some of it. I put a couple ounces in caps for others that may appreciate this dosage but i need a bit more punch.
I’ve also concluded that it makes my stomach feel off. Not really upset, just slightly uncomfortable. So I’ll have to try different oils as well...next time.

Every now and then I’ll have a batch upset my stomach. In my case I believe it’s the choice of chemovar, but some people react to the carrier oil choice as well.

Might I suggest a double run in the IP? Run the cycle, let it cool naturally overnight and run another cycle. Alternatively, run a cycle, strain and use that oil with a new batch of flowers. The second option is one more easily done when you have an abundant harvest behind you.

Yes ma’am, thank you. I’ll run some though the IP again and I’ll also run some more flower through an ounce or so of oil and see where that leaves me.
As it stands now, I can verify their pain killing abilities. Takes almost all my pain away within minutes. I gave most of these caps to a veteran with chronic pain and he gave them 2 thumbs up. Said he hasn’t had to take his opiates (oxy) again! He was amazed and I’m hopeful for his future.

Many thanks again!!!

Back
Top Bottom