Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

Yes ma’am, thank you. I’ll run some though the IP again and I’ll also run some more flower through an ounce or so of oil and see where that leaves me.
As it stands now, I can verify their pain killing abilities. Takes almost all my pain away within minutes. I gave most of these caps to a veteran with chronic pain and he gave them 2 thumbs up. Said he hasn’t had to take his opiates (oxy) again! He was amazed and I’m hopeful for his future.

Many thanks again!!!

Brought tears to my eyes darn it. :hug:

Yes ma’am, thank you. I’ll run some though the IP again and I’ll also run some more flower through an ounce or so of oil and see where that leaves me.
As it stands now, I can verify their pain killing abilities. Takes almost all my pain away within minutes. I gave most of these caps to a veteran with chronic pain and he gave them 2 thumbs up. Said he hasn’t had to take his opiates (oxy) again! He was amazed and I’m hopeful for his future.

Many thanks again!!!
That’s freakin awesome!
:thumb:

I have also seen this suggestion but never tried it. Ive never seen enough positive commentary on it to feel like it was worth trying. However, the extractors prewash all their material in ethanol. I will ask them about it. Things that make you go hmmm.
I havent forgotten. i just havent had a chance to talk to the extractor yet.

I havent forgotten. i just havent had a chance to talk to the extractor yet.

I appreciate that you keep us updated. There aren't any timeframes to this work. I've found as I've progressed that if we stay loose and open to inspiration we have the data flow in as needed. It's slowed my frantic pace a bit, but just a bit. Lol!

I appreciate that you keep us updated. There aren't any timeframes to this work. I've found as I've progressed that if we stay loose and open to inspiration we have the data flow in as needed. It's slowed my frantic pace a bit, but just a bit. Lol!
No pressure, just politeness.

I just threw an Ounce into some oil bout a week ago, I think... Trying out the insta pot for some coconut extract. I'm only using the slow cooker feature though (5.5 hours). I always use a lidded jar, a used jelly or pasta sauce jar), and I'm not sure how the pressure will affect the glass. I've read it can get 11psi. Seems a lot, even for a round jar. This oil will get used for baked goods, it adds a nice coconut flavor to my brownies, plus I think the baking at 350 for 45 minutes activates more of the goodies inside. Next time I make brownies I'm gonna check their temp coming out of the oven.

Thanks Sue!

Gunna run a test or two

From the Instant Pot manual

Working temperature: 115°C ~ 118°C (239°F ~ 244°F) at high pressure setting; 110°C ~
112°C (229 ~ 233°F) at low pressure settin

I've been running hi pressure at 1hr 50min
Seemed to work well, but my Blue Balls aka GDP x ACDC didn't hit very hard

I'm gunna test some again

I see Sue discuss running it 2x through, well wouldn't, say, add an HR or so do the same thing???

I'll know by the color comparison of the oils I think

I want to do some CBD oils, Candida and ACDC to test how they work for a sleep med

Dr Scorpioenstine is on it

I am also getting ready to try my hand at oils and edibles this weekend. We harvested two weeks ago almost and all our trim and fluffy buds went into a large Tupperware container and then into the freezer because we didn't know what we wanted to do with it at the time. I plan on making butter this weekend but I might also try to infuse some oil in our instant pot after reading this great thread.
So bottom line... Should I decarb in the oven first or just go right to the instant pot when it comes to oils?

I do it in the IP, the decarb

Thus why I'm gunna try a bit longer in the IP, see if potency is increased

I agree, and good luck Greenlizard. :battingeyelashes: The IP will infuse and decarb at the same time.

@Chris Scorpio, I’m not sure about whether simply extending the time would be the same thing. It’s becoming obvious to me that simple decarb isn’t the whole story, because the researchers at GW Pharma took great care when they found that 110° C for 110 min will decarb at least 95% of the THCA.

And yet we see increased potency all the time when those limits are exceeded, usually by accident.

I’ll be watching for your evaluation.

@Amy Gardner, I was wrong, it wasn’t the Dutch I was thinking of. It was GW Pharma.

:passitleft:

@Amy Gardner, I was wrong, it wasn’t the Dutch I was thinking of. It was GW Pharma.

Thanks for that - becasue that’s what i’d thought I’d remembered. Was when E. Russo was there yes?

I am terribly absent in all the oil and med threads these days - which were part of my entry pathway to the mag. I just find that I cant manage to stay connected in both the grow rooms and the “oiling” rooms at the same time. I think once my growing gets a bit more settled in, I’ll have some more energy to engage in the oil threads again. I really miss them ☺️

So ran the Candida through for 3 hrs yesterday
For sure darker than my ACDC run

Sooooooooooo

As Sue said, I'm running it again now, basically for 2 hrs

Be done and cool for tonight's test of 2ml before bed

Fun fun fun

Sweet Sue
Would you happen to have a link to the GW Pharma paper?
[/QUOTE]
I first came accross the info here on an older 420 oiling thread. That post uses the info linked here, and actually lays it all out very well (if you’re not up for scouring the source). IT’s tied up with GWs patent on the sativex drug in some way i haven’t bothered to understand. But their findings on decarb are also here, a little way down the page at [0021]

Sweet Sue
Would you happen to have a link to the GW Pharma paper?
I first came accross the info here on an older 420 oiling thread. That post uses the info linked here, and actually lays it all out very well (if you’re not up for scouring the source). IT’s tied up with GWs patent on the sativex drug in some way i haven’t bothered to understand. But their findings on decarb are also here, a little way down the page at [0021]

I love it when links are stable, don’t you? :laughtwo: Here, hold this while I go searching....

Damn! Googled “GW Pharma patents” and went into cannabis overload! o_O

A lot of money to be made with our favorite flower.

Are you looking for just that information, or do you want to read the patent application yourself? I ask because I’m working on a project, and part of it includes a page that summarizes the decarb info. I can share the raw page, if you’d like.

As to that link.... Decarb info inside patent application

In case you get lost again - I did too, as a matter of fact, which only made me look further :laughtwo: - I grabbed some breadcrumbs for you to follow. :battingeyelashes:

This is the patent you’re looking for, US7344736B2.

That decarb info is pretty deep into the application. As you scroll through you’ll see this table and know you’re close:

It was three sweeps down to the decarb info on my iPhone. If you’d like to see the raw page I have let me know and I’ll email it.

I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather be saying goodnight to this evening than you, my friend. One more and I’m off to bed finally.

This was fun. Let’s do it again some day soon. :hug:

Goodnight moon :love:

Thank you both for the links and information
I went back to the original article posted on 420, also read the article posted on GW Pharma.
Very interesting.
I like it when science backs up my process (makes me feel like I am doing it correctly)

This may come in handy:

Edit: Changes have been made to correct the typos. My apologies.

A useful chart, based on the work Of GW Pharma of Great Britain.

Decarbing For Maximum Neutral Cannabinoids (~ 95% conversion)

High CBD chemovar (strain)

Heat 15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry.

Continue heating either

* 60 minutes @ 248° F (120° C)
* 30 minutes @ 284° F (140° C)

Large Batch (larger than 4 oz)

* 15 minutes @ 221° F (105° C) to dry
* Continue 55-90 min @ 293° F (145° C)

High THC chemovar (strain)

Heat 15 minutes @221° F (105° C) to dry

Continue heating for either

* 60 - 120 minutes @ 248° F (120° C)
* 110 minutes @ 230°F (110° C)

Large Batch (larger than 4 oz)