Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

trying this out for cbd canna pills today. are there any revisions to the original process for cbd i should be aware of ? maybe longer cook time for deeper decarb ? thc and cbd convert at different temps i believe.

off to buy instant pot and assorted supplies.

trying this out for cbd canna pills today. are there any revisions to the original process for cbd i should be aware of ? maybe longer cook time for deeper decarb ? thc and cbd convert at different temps i believe.

off to buy instant pot and assorted supplies.

Since most of us lack the ability to test I stopped worrying about refining my decarb any further bluter. Acid cannabinoids are valuable in their own right.

Good luck, and consider sharing your impressions of the CBD capsules over on the CBD Joy thread after you’ve been using it for a time. :battingeyelashes: It’s a whole new world and we’re severely lacking in data on the true effects of CBD. Anything we can share helps us all.

Since most of us lack the ability to test I stopped worrying about refining my decarb any further bluter. Acid cannabinoids are valuable in their own right.

Good luck, and consider sharing your impressions of the CBD capsules over on the CBD Joy thread after you’ve been using it for a time. :battingeyelashes: It’s a whole new world and we’re severely lacking in data on the true effects of CBD. Anything we can share helps us all.

cool, thanks for the reply. been reading piles of related posts of yours. you're like my mmj mom. :green_heart:

i been doing canna pills for a number of years. both thc and cbd. this is the first time i am making them totally on my own, and a slightly different process. i see the value in this method.

this is a first test run, and is actually an emergency run for my sister. she has some struggles that i know this would work for, and it took her a lot to work up the courage to ask me. she has been struck with colitis or diverticulitis. probably the latter.

i'm hitting the cbdream for her. stuff literally just cured in. hope its a sign.

cool, thanks for the reply. been reading piles of related posts of yours. you're like my mmj mom. :green_heart:

i been doing canna pills for a number of years. both thc and cbd. this is the first time i am making them totally on my own, and a slightly different process. i see the value in this method.

this is a first test run, and is actually an emergency run for my sister. she has some struggles that i know this would work for, and it took her a lot to work up the courage to ask me. she has been struck with colitis or diverticulitis. probably the latter.

i'm hitting the cbdream for her. stuff literally just cured in. hope its a sign.

We have the choice to write the script the way we want it to go, and then allow ourselves to anticipate the ending we desire. I’ll choose to see it as a positive sign from the cosmos. :hug:

all cooked up. haven't filled the caps. the instant pot just cycled out, gonna let it steep a few hours. used coconut oil as the carrier. can't get sunflower lecithin for a few days, so doing this one without. already love this method. went a bit heavier on the cbdream (21g) simply based on perceived quality. otherwise everything else the same.

pills are made. will follow up once i know how effective they are. wound up with more infused oil than i was expecting

next i'm going to try a body butter / lotion. i picked up grapeseed oil for a carrier, adding shea butter and palm oil to make the butter, and gonna finish it with a few drops of japanese mint oil. shooting for something more or less stable at room temp. going to use a few more grams of cannabis, the finished product will not be as strong as straight infused grapeseed oil obviously, and i want it to remain effective.

pills are made. will follow up once i know how effective they are. wound up with more infused oil than i was expecting

next i'm going to try a body butter / lotion. i picked up grapeseed oil for a carrier, adding shea butter and palm oil to make the butter, and gonna finish it with a few drops of japanese mint oil. shooting for something more or less stable at room temp. going to use a few more grams of cannabis, the finished product will not be as strong as straight infused grapeseed oil obviously, and i want it to remain effective.

I like to have both oil and cream/lotion/body butter on hand. Most people really benefit from options.

I like to have both oil and cream/lotion/body butter on hand. Most people really benefit from options.

clearly a straight infused grapeseed oil would be the most potent. it just does not have the bedside usability that a cream could provide. mom has some bad days and i want her to have something in easy reach.

clearly a straight infused grapeseed oil would be the most potent. it just does not have the bedside usability that a cream could provide. mom has some bad days and i want her to have something in easy reach.

These bottles have been incredibly effective for that easy access bluter.

If you purchase them I recommend you roll the ball on your hand before attaching it to the bottle to be certain it’s rolling smoothly. Sometimes they’re a bit stuck, and it’s easier to unstick before they’re all assembled and oily.

I carry one with me at all times and give them away constantly. 10 ml of cannabis oil goes a long way for pain control.

If it’s an area out of sight it can be easier to apply if you roll into a finger and then rub it in.

I’ve noted that the reason I get an almost complete decarb is likely because I leave it in the pressure cooker until it’s completely cooled, usually overnight.

So ran the Candida through for 3 hrs yesterday
For sure darker than my ACDC run
As Sue said, I'm running it again now, basically for 2 hrs
Be done and cool for tonight's test of 2ml before bed

Hi @Chris Scorpio , how did this test go? So far I have these two variations:

Sue - after cooking in the IP for 1.5 hrs on high leave it cool overnight (sounds like great results!)
Chris - 3 hrs cook and then another 2 hrs cook (anxious to hear how it went!)

Thank you!

I'm stuck on running them thru 2x in the IP
Seems like the ticket

2hr, let it cool, run it again at the same time frame

Ask Sue about her latest brownies with my Amnesia Haze

What's INTP???

I did, mainly because I was lazy
No need to cool overnight, it was room temp after about 2hrs or so of sitting

So plan accordingly

What's INTP???
It was room temp after about 2hrs or so of sitting

From wiki - INTP (Introversion, Intuition, Thinking, Perceiving) is an abbreviation used in the publications of the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to refer to one of the MBTI's 16 personality types. INTPs are marked by a quiet, stoic, modest, and aloof exterior that masks strong creativity and enthusiasm for novel possibilities. Keirsey referred to INTPs as Architects, one of the four types belonging to the temperament he called the Rationals. INTPs are relatively rare, accounting for 2–4% of the U.S. population.

One last variation, did you or @SweetSue , have you tried 4 hrs on high? Thanks for your patience!

quick follow up check-in

what i did :
21 g black indica. 7 g larf / trim, 14 g bud.
500 ml grapeseed oil as the carrier
normal 1:50 IP cycle

to make the pain cream.
250 ml medicated grapeseed oil
500 g shea butter
250 g palm oil
20 drops japanese mint oil

melt shea butter and palm oil in double boiler. add medicated grapeseed oil, and essential oil of choice for added aroma / benefit. stir. jar. let cool. refrigerate for longer term. is a bit loose at room temp i feel.

stuff is a hit. everyone i've given it to is amazed. my parents are over joyed. dad has heel spur pain and it took it right down. mom has arthritis and various other age related issues. says she uses it all over. glad it makes a bunch.

i think it is a touch oily. may monkey with the recipe a bit and try other oils / butters. seems to work tho. really would like to make it when i grow some better weed. not disappointed tho.

:thumb:

Still the easiest way I have to make brownie oil.

what's the carrier ? coconut oil ?"

wondering if butter could be infused this way. heat wise i think it's a bit too much, but it might behave under pressure.

Back
Top Bottom