Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

what's the carrier ? coconut oil ?"

wondering if butter could be infused this way. heat wise i think it's a bit too much, but it might behave under pressure.

I use unrefined coconut oil for my brownies, for faster onset as well as deliciousness. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If you used low pressure and pot-in-pot it might work. I’ve never tried bluter. Maybe I’ll give some a go while I’m doing all my processing.

i'm curious since pressure both increases heat and keeps things in a liquid state at the same time.

I have a lot old dispensary weed that tastes like...dung. Is there a risk of it containing pesticides or other drying chemical compounds? Will the pesticides, assuming they are there be carried into the oils? Will the bad taste effect the oil in any way? The stuff that came on the shelves in Oklahoma following legalization was produced rather quickly and it is nasty. My homegrown that i use now is so much smoother and more pleasant i need to dispose of the back alley swag.

Sue,

I just made my first batch of decarboxylated Rosin. Have not tried it yet. Used 15 grams Rosin and after decarb it was just shy of 12 grams. That takes about 3 zips of buds to make that much Rosin. That a 18% return on the Rosin. i only get around 14 to 18% when using alcohol as the solvent.
Now making Rosin there is no solvent involved.

I have always added FECO made with alcohol to my oils when using it for cooking or making caps.

Interested in this thread.

I have a lot old dispensary weed that tastes like...dung. Is there a risk of it containing pesticides or other drying chemical compounds? Will the pesticides, assuming they are there be carried into the oils? Will the bad taste effect the oil in any way? The stuff that came on the shelves in Oklahoma following legalization was produced rather quickly and it is nasty. My homegrown that i use now is so much smoother and more pleasant i need to dispose of the back alley swag.

Use it for topicals or capsules. Then you don’t need to be concerned with the taste. Topicals so much more than simply ease pain and capsules broaden the options with their easy portability.

There’s a chance the dung taste is pesticides, but I’d like to believe they were forbidden for a medicinal crop, wouldn’t you? More likely it’s poor genetics and rushed production that missed the finer points of cannabis cultivation, and then didn’t give a hoot about anything other than getting to market.

Homegrown will always beat out what they sell in dispensaries. You benefit from the love affair between you and the plant. :laughtwo:

i'm curious since pressure both increases heat and keeps things in a liquid state at the same time.

I came across some Ghee at the local WallyWorld. This might be interesting to infuse. From grass-fed cows, no less.

Think I’ll buy some and give it a go. Probably won’t happen before I get back from my trip, which won’t be until the end of the month.

Use it for topicals or capsules. Then you don’t need to be concerned with the taste. Topicals so much more than simply ease pain and capsules broaden the options with their easy portability.

There’s a chance the dung taste is pesticides, but I’d like to believe they were forbidden for a medicinal crop, wouldn’t you? More likely it’s poor genetics and rushed production that missed the finer points of cannabis cultivation, and then didn’t give a hoot about anything other than getting to market.

Homegrown will always beat out what they sell in dispensaries. You benefit from the love affair between you and the plant. :laughtwo:
Thanks for that idea. About the regualtions...Oklahoma is the most unregualted place you can imagine. The whole roll out of the Medical marijuana law was a trainwreck and they just recently passed a few reforms to keep pesticides and such out. I am wondering if the weed was over fertilized, not flushed properly and dried in a hurry maybe?? I know my little lebanese plant tastes so much better even being my first grow...

Thanks for that idea. About the regualtions...Oklahoma is the most unregualted place you can imagine. The whole roll out of the Medical marijuana law was a trainwreck and they just recently passed a few reforms to keep pesticides and such out. I am wondering if the weed was over fertilized, not flushed properly and dried in a hurry maybe?? I know my little lebanese plant tastes so much better even being my first grow...

Improper flushing may account for the taste, but then again there’s no way to tell. I’d say of the two options a fast dry and no cure might be the most likely explanation.

The law stated that cannabis had to originate in Oklahoma. Some how people had cured buds for sale 60days after the law passed. We bought our first batch in Colorado and 'smuggled' it in then started shopping for dispensary weed. I think most is hydro grown. I cant find any that commit to organics. So...here i go with my little grow. 'in self defense' like the old hippie in the Bellamy Brothers song...

The only way to assure goo, clean produce is to have it grown for you by a trusted caregiver or grow it yourself. I’m a fan of grow your own. I suspect the growing to be more therapeutic than the consuming. :battingeyelashes:

For real....its been a journey. Luckily i have found great help here and at OKCs grow store down on by bricktown. I am going to commit to landrqces and heirlooms regulars and grown in soil. I have been astounded at the health issues that have vanished for me just by toking a little every night before bed. No more GERD, insomnia, ibs, migraines, inflammation in my cervical spine is down, blood pressure down, lost weight...my Dr is confused and keeps expecting the other shoe to drop. The first one hasnt dropped yet.

The only way to assure goo, clean produce is to have it grown for you by a trusted caregiver or grow it yourself. I’m a fan of grow your own. I suspect the growing to be more therapeutic than the consuming. :battingeyelashes:

Growing for me is as much therapy as it is rewarding, not having to pay for someones crap. I get CO recreational from a friend on a fairly regular basis, I usually use it in my oils. It is never as good as my homegrown.

For real....its been a journey. Luckily i have found great help here and at OKCs grow store down on by bricktown. I am going to commit to landrqces and heirlooms regulars and grown in soil. I have been astounded at the health issues that have vanished for me just by toking a little every night before bed. No more GERD, insomnia, ibs, migraines, inflammation in my cervical spine is down, blood pressure down, lost weight...my Dr is confused and keeps expecting the other shoe to drop. The first one hasnt dropped yet.

Doctors....we gotta love them. :laughtwo:

Hi guys!

I saw that something about freezing buds was mentioned in about page 4 of this post but I just want make sure:

I Froze my freshly harvested popcorn buds and some sugarleaf. A friend of mine recommended it. Is this bad? Will I still be able to make CCO with it?

Thanks for the help. Im skimming through the posts but only on page 6 so far so if I'm asking a Question that has already been asked I apologise.

So let me know If i'm on the right track here:
Assumptions: 15% THC.
Decarb Efficiency: 85% (Using a pressure cooker, would this be relatively accurate?)
mg/g of THC = 150 x 0,85 = 127.5mg/g
Total grams of Popcorn bud available: 333g
= 42 457,5 mg of THC.
To get 15mg/ml concentration: 42 457,5 / 15 = 2 830L of oil...
Does this make sense?

Also, I'd be using frozen popcorn bud.. I'm not sure what happens to concentration between dried and un-dried&Frozen.

Also, could someone assist with the concentration calculations?

So if you use 16g dry bud with 16 ounces of Oil, assuming a 10% bud potency, what would your resulting concentration be?

Your calculations are correct. :high-five: You asked earlier about making CCO with frozen bud, and the answer is yes, providing the buds were dry when you froze them. Freshly harvested and frozen can be used for infused oils, which is when the instant pot becomes so valuable.

Back
Top Bottom