Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

Excellent! :high-five: Feels good, doesn’t it, to help our loved ones find relief that’d been unattainable?

very happy with the result.
actually i've been impressed with both of my parents embrace of medical cannabis use. they are both on a maintenance dose of cbd canna pills as well.
one of the main goals for growing was it had to be beneficial to more than myself

She’d convinced me almost a year ago to switch to oils instead of creams for topical relief. Eliminating everything else gets the cannabinoids into the body faster.

can only agree. i was looking at the oils i had made and thought to myself, the hell with it idiot, just go right to the source.

i then looked for what other readily available essential oils would also pair for the targeted end result. adding them adds both benefit, and masks any weedy odor.

You’ve shared with her the value of applying oils to the DMR?
i've no clue what the abbreviation means

With arthritis it’s been shown that the mere action of applying any cream or topical will release a certain amount of soothing chemical cascades through the system. Adding cannabinoids can only increase the benefits, IMHO.

well, shooting for arthritis relief is a pretty tall order i figger. i'm hopeful, but won't get dispirited if it's not as huge a success as the pain oil.

i've instructed them to try both oils as a trial on arthritic areas

i also got a few of those roller applicators, but am thinking a small open ended vial might work best. the spill-proof feature of the roller ball is why i went that route.

i'm finding i just dip my finger in the real deal and apply where ever needed lol

Making me proud bluter. :hug::hug::hug:

awww, i am blushing :love::love::cheesygrinsmiley:

Sue asked me to post this here, shipping was slow but not as slow as it said on Amazon.
5F34B2A4-F2D4-4B02-8D02-AAA3B1484C60.png

Thank you Doob. :hug:

I’ve been using mine since Doob introduced me to them bluter.

They allow for spot applications and come with child-proof bottles that aren't senior proof. :laughtwo:

that's brilliant.

i went with the glass as most of the folks i gave it away to associate the bottles with cosmetic or medical applications

i haven't told everyone what's in it lol

I’m sure some flavoring would improve the taste, and it doesn’t surprise me at all that our kitchen oils wouldn’t match commercial tastes. Commercial labs have finer control of extractions, measurement, and processing for consistency.

You have nothing to lose by trying. I don’t know of any recipes, but then I haven’t looked either.

Anyone else know of any?

Hi Sue et al...

Just joined this site after running across the refrigerator drying method, setting up my own blind experiment to test washed vs. unwashed buds, fridge dried vs. rack dried buds, and wet trimmed vs. dry trimmed buds (just started initial tests on those eight samples), but anecdotal evidence from buds I threw in paper bags in the fridge (never even made it to jars) and seemed superior to rack dried and jar cured buds....but I digress.

Sue you have been an inspiration. Thank you.

Based on information I gathered here (I have been reading and absorbing information like crazy, so I cannot remember who I stole the idea from ...) they add essential oils at the rate of 1 drop per 10 mL carrier oil. I have personally used (and enjoyed) peppermint oil (do not use for pregnant patients), lemongrass, and sweet orange. Also suggested was lavender for evening meds. The terpenes in these essential oils are also found in cannabis and can be used to (reportedly?) magnify the effect.

(One quick question, Sue... do you still use fresh harvested cannabis in your instapot infusions, or do you find more/equal value in dried buds at this point?)

Hi Sue et al...

Just joined this site after running across the refrigerator drying method, setting up my own blind experiment to test washed vs. unwashed buds, fridge dried vs. rack dried buds, and wet trimmed vs. dry trimmed buds (just started initial tests on those eight samples), but anecdotal evidence from buds I threw in paper bags in the fridge (never even made it to jars) and seemed superior to rack dried and jar cured buds....but I digress.

Sue you have been an inspiration. Thank you.

Based on information I gathered here (I have been reading and absorbing information like crazy, so I cannot remember who I stole the idea from ...) they add essential oils at the rate of 1 drop per 10 mL carrier oil. I have personally used (and enjoyed) peppermint oil (do not use for pregnant patients), lemongrass, and sweet orange. Also suggested was lavender for evening meds. The terpenes in these essential oils are also found in cannabis and can be used to (reportedly?) magnify the effect.

(One quick question, Sue... do you still use fresh harvested cannabis in your instapot infusions, or do you find more/equal value in dried buds at this point?)

Sorry I missed this. The perils of maintaining so many threads. :laughtwo:

And welcome to the :420: community. :hug:

First off, I’m pleased as Punch to read all the experiments my contributions inspired in your singular household. You haven’t seen cobs yet, have you? Lol! It’ll be your next obsession, trust me.

To answer your quick question, “No.” Since discovering the value of low and slo drying I feel the buds are close enough to fresh in terpene content that I now use dry buds exclusively.

However, were I supplying a cancer patient with infused oils it would be FHO all the way, using freshly-harvested buds. The quality is far superior to anything else, IMO, a perspective I gained by conversing with Kingston Rabbi, who used the method for his own cancer treatment. He’d used CCO first and switched to FHO after we worked the method out.

I believe it was panacea who gave us the measurements for essential oils.

i found fresh cannabis can have too much water in it for this application.
it may boil out during the process ruining the oil and making a mess.

the bowl i use in the instant pot is a tad shallow tho, i'm wondering if a deeper bowl would keep everything from boiling over the edge

i found fresh cannabis can have too much water in it for this application.
it may boil out during the process ruining the oil and making a mess.

the bowl i use in the instant pot is a tad shallow tho, i'm wondering if a deeper bowl would keep everything from boiling over the edge

I stopped using the bowl bluter, and switched to a Pyrex measuring cup. The one cup size fits perfectly in the small unit, and the two cup size fits in the larger model.

something i will look in to. the real pyrex is super pricey here, and the knockoff brands can explode with heat.

something i will look in to. the real pyrex is super pricey here, and the knockoff brands can explode with heat.

Let me help..... how would it feel to find a Pyrex cup that would do the job, for a reasonable outlay of cash?

Got the feeling? I want you to forget about the expense, or when it’ll turn up. All I ask is you focus your energy on the satisfied feeling of closing the pressure cooker up, knowing you have one in there. Understand?

Now..... believe it enough to expect to find it, totally unconcerned about when, where, how, or when. Then wait for the universe to catch up with you. :cheesygrinsmiley: Don’t be surprised if one turns up much sooner than you thought possible at first.

Good luck letting it find you. :hug:

I use the metal mixing bowls

Works well..I have Pyrex to but I like the lip on the metal so I can put tinfoil on it to keep moisture out, but still leave an opening for moisture to escape

Let me help..... how would it feel to find a Pyrex cup that would do the job, for a reasonable outlay of cash?

Got the feeling? I want you to forget about the expense, or when it’ll turn up. All I ask is you focus your energy on the satisfied feeling of closing the pressure cooker up, knowing you have one in there. Understand?

Now..... believe it enough to expect to find it, totally unconcerned about when, where, how, or when. Then wait for the universe to catch up with you. :cheesygrinsmiley: Don’t be surprised if one turns up much sooner than you thought possible at first.

Good luck letting it find you. :hug:

good advice.. oddly i've been mentally picturing the bowl i want in my mind for a few weeks. all of a sudden metal mixing bowls have been showing up everywhere lol..

just a matter of the right one now

good advice.. oddly i've been mentally picturing the bowl i want in my mind for a few weeks. all of a sudden metal mixing bowls have been showing up everywhere lol..

just a matter of the right one now

You’ve primed your reticular activating system, the part of your brain that looks for opportunity tied to your focused desire. Shouldn’t be too long now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That aint no joke

:high-five:

Making a basic infused cannabis oil using an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker

Equipment:

* grinder
* Instant Pot pressure cooker
* small stainless bowl for pot-in-pot cooking
* foil cover for the bowl
* stirring tool
* Pyrex measuring cups
* stainless canning funnel
* piece of silk for straining
* wooden clothes pins
* storage jar for finished oil

Supplies:
* 16 grams dried undecarbed cannabis buds
* 16 ounces carrier oil of choice
* essential oils to preference

The Pictures :circle-of-love:

Your infused cannabis oil is now ready to use. If you’re using it with edibles or as part of a capsule regimen
* add 1 tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin for every cup of infused oil, mix well
* chill overnight in the fridge
* bring to room temperature
* stir throughly before filling capsules or using in an edible recipe

Essential oils can be added to enhance medicinal values of the oils.
Hey Sue! My wife was reading through these instructions and was wondering if you put any water in the bottom of the instant pot. There's no mention of it, in the instructions, but she's thinking that you should have some in the bottom of the pot.

Thanks.
:)

Hey Sue! My wife was reading through these instructions and was wondering if you put any water in the bottom of the instant pot. There's no mention of it, in the instructions, but she's thinking that you should have some in the bottom of the pot.

Thanks.
:)

It takes about a cup of water in the chamber Morglie. I usually fill to the level of the rack the bowl or cup sits on.

Back
Top Bottom