Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

I'm new at this, however the information that this thread provided is fantastic. I'm going to make my first oil soon. I went out and bought a magicbutter bag for straining as that was recommended on another site.

Thanks so much Sue

Please sue or anyone who has done this, please tell me some info. Im tired of wasting cannabis tryin to figure it out.

I have an 8qt instant pot
What temperature and how many mins do I "cook/decarb" the cannabis with the oil at the same time?
How much oil do I use per 1oz of cannabis?
Im looking for incredibly strong capsules.
50+mg would be good start.

Thanks

Im looking for incredibly strong capsules.

I don't think you'll get to that potency using this process using 15-20% THC flower. According to my calculations, 50mg in a single "00" cap would require only 1/4 cup of oil, which is far too little to saturate. You'll need to do an everclear wash, rosin press or other method to get the potency where you want it.

You could take multiple caps, of course, but use the least amount of carrier you can get away with, probably just enough to cover the material.

I don't think you'll get to that potency using this process using 15-20% THC flower. According to my calculations, 50mg in a single "00" cap would require only 1/4 cup of oil, which is far too little to saturate. You'll need to do an everclear wash, rosin press or other method to get the potency where you want it.

You could take multiple caps, of course, but use the least amount of carrier you can get away with, probably just enough to cover the material.

Usually do exactly that. Hardly enough to cover material.

Still need to find an appropriate set time and mins on the 8qt IP tho, would likely improve what Im already doing.

Usually do exactly that. Hardly enough to cover material.

Still need to find an appropriate set time and mins on the 8qt IP tho, would likely improve what Im already doing.

What I do

8oz oil
12-16gr of flower

I use an imersion blender to chop the buds, not in the oil, just the buds

Mix them into the oil

Put a cup of water in the IP.
I put my oil/weed in a metal mixing dish covered with Tim foil onto the metal rack thingy, not covered tight, ya want moisture to escape but not get in

I use pressure cook setting, on high, for 2hrs
Let it cool naturally

Then run it again on the same cycle

Works fantastic, ask Sue, she had my Amnesia Haze oil

What I do

8oz oil
12-16gr of flower

Mix them into the oil

I put my oil/weed in a metal mixing dish covered with Tim foil onto the metal rack thingy, not covered tight, ya want moisture to escape but not get in

Let it cool naturally

You have a 8qt? Cause im sure that the 6qt and 8qt have different max temperatures. Could you find out for me what your max temperature actually is? This would help alot.

Do You know roughly what MG per capsule you are making?

I can drop 1oz in at a shot no problem.
What type of carrier oil are you using?
Ive tried coconut oil only so far. Maybe can use butter? Make canna caps this way?
What I do

8oz oil
12-16gr of flower

Mix them into the oil

Let it cool naturally

Temps are the same

Wanna say 243f

Mine is a 6qt

From their website

 Working temperature: 115°C ~ 118°C (239°F ~ 244°F) at high pressure setting; 110°C ~
112°C (229 ~ 233°F) at low pressure setting.

I use grapes seed oil

Never calculated the MG in it
I use 00 capsules

What amount of oil and weed ratio u using

Here bro, this is a thread I made regarding what I tryed with my IP. Can you read the first page and advise me where I went wrong? Please!

U never said how much oil u did with 15gr

And I already tried to edumacate ya on it

Lol

Lmao. I just realized this above statement. Im ready to listen now. Sorry.

Used enough oil to just cover it. But I would like use measured amounts this time.

Just enough to cover it isn't very scientific
Sooo...a hammer handle and a little bit......I didn't bring a tape measure!!! :laughtwo:
I made a batch last nite but I think before I got a oven thermometer it got far too hot - I don't know what that does to the mix but probably not good and this was from some of the early weed that probably isn't very potent. Gosh, sounds like I'm setting myself for failure. Two 00 caps had very little effect altho I went to bed so....

The reason, in cooking, we measure uiss to duplicate the recipe again

Same applies here @CADBOY

Oil%
Weed%

Then if it's great, duplicate it next time
If not, adjust as needed with either one

I've tried many processes, IP is the easiest and best I've done

The reason, in cooking, we measure uiss to duplicate the recipe again

Same applies here @CADBOY

Oil%
Weed%

Then if it's great, duplicate it next time
If not, adjust as needed with either one

I've tried many processes, IP is the easiest and best I've done

Im making a fresh batch right now

Hey Chris - what does "uiss and IP" mean??

Thanks for asking greenjeans. IP is Instant Pot, the easiest way we’ve found so far to make an infused cannabis oil in a home kitchen.

The “uiss” is confusing to me too. I’ll let Chris answer that one. :laughtwo:

I am struggling with this procedure....how important is decarb temperature?? I have tried twice now and don't think I've got it right. I try to get my little oven to stay at 240 with not much success, I decarb at 240 for about an hour. My weed doesn't have tight buds and is leafy but when I'm done decarbing it just crumbles - is this normal?? I use 16 g in 1 cup of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of lecithin and 2 - 00 capsules don't seem to have much effect. Any ideas??
The mixture simmers in a measuring cup in a pot of water and I try to maintain a temp of 170 F for 12 hours.
I think the weed is OK - it works when I vape some. Am I missing something??

Back
Top Bottom