Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

I mentioned earlier that the oil mixture I used in following Sue's instructions doesn't taste as good as the commercial stuff CBD oil I first used.

For my batch, I used equal parts coconut oil, MCT, and olive oil. It isn't bad tasting but I'm wondering if it couldn't be improved by adding a flavoring oil, such as lemon or....? If so, does anyone have a recipe?

I flavor my MCT CBD oil with essential oils - just a tiny bit! I use one drop of peppermint oil per ounce of finished CBD oil, and about 1.5 drops of cinnamon oil per ounce of CBD oil. It makes for a subtle flavor that’s very nice.

I’d like to see the test results on oil made with bud treated with alcohol vs bud untreated.

Hi Sue, I know this was posted ages ago, but I’ve done this test! I learned in herb school to use an ethanol intermediary when making some infused oils. I guessed that using alcohol would result in a more potent cannabis oil. I tested it and disproved my hypothesis - the batch with alcohol was LESS potent than the one without alcohol. These were MCT oils infused in an Instant Pot on low slow cook (not under pressure) with high-CBD hemp with a bit of sunflower lecithin added.

quick pic..

making canna pills with instant pot infused coco oil

gotta be the easiest method for base oils ever. keep at it everyone. :)

quick pic..

making canna pills with instant pot infused coco oil

gotta be the easiest method for base oils ever. keep at it everyone. :)

It pleases me to no end to see all these happy oil makers. :circle-of-love:

I turned my coconut oil into suppositories, and I’m testing them out. I’d recommend this dosing method, based on what I’ve experienced so far.

I turned my coconut oil into suppositories, and I’m testing them out. I’d recommend this dosing method, based on what I’ve experienced so far.

what's the process @SweetSue ?
dealing with diverticulitis, essentially on cancer watch. have been considering this method as a preventative measure.

what's the process @SweetSue ?
dealing with diverticulitis, essentially on cancer watch. have been considering this method as a preventative measure.

I‘m putting together a picture tutorial bluter. I’ll have something within days that’ll help you. :hug: It’s really easy. Lol! You’ll need suppository forms. They sell them at the rain forest.

Making a basic infused cannabis oil using an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker

Equipment:

* grinder
* Instant Pot pressure cooker
* small stainless bowl for pot-in-pot cooking
* foil cover for the bowl
* stirring tool
* Pyrex measuring cups
* stainless canning funnel
* piece of silk for straining
* wooden clothes pins
* storage jar for finished oil

Supplies:
* 16 grams dried undecarbed cannabis buds
* 16 ounces carrier oil of choice
* essential oils to preference

The Pictures :circle-of-love:

Your infused cannabis oil is now ready to use. If you’re using it with edibles or as part of a capsule regimen
* add 1 tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin for every cup of infused oil, mix well
* chill overnight in the fridge
* bring to room temperature
* stir throughly before filling capsules or using in an edible recipe

Essential oils can be added to enhance medicinal values of the oils.
Wow that incredible! :bravo::yahoo::slide:

Making a basic infused cannabis oil using an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker

Equipment:

* grinder
* Instant Pot pressure cooker
* small stainless bowl for pot-in-pot cooking
* foil cover for the bowl
* stirring tool
* Pyrex measuring cups
* stainless canning funnel
* piece of silk for straining
* wooden clothes pins
* storage jar for finished oil

Supplies:
* 16 grams dried undecarbed cannabis buds
* 16 ounces carrier oil of choice
* essential oils to preference

The Pictures :circle-of-love:

Your infused cannabis oil is now ready to use. If you’re using it with edibles or as part of a capsule regimen
* add 1 tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin for every cup of infused oil, mix well
* chill overnight in the fridge
* bring to room temperature
* stir throughly before filling capsules or using in an edible recipe

Essential oils can be added to enhance medicinal values of the oils.
Omg i will b making some for dad since he can smoke thanks will def let u kno how it goes

Sue,
Just bought an Instant Pot 6 qt.
20200312_171630.jpg
Now have to figure out how to use it.
Reading your Instant Pot thread and hoping I can do this.
So you used 16 grams cannabis to 16 oz of oil.
And you said, "The high pressure for 150 minutes does an almost complete decarb. I checked it myself with hot oil baths. " Do you have to do anything after the 150 minutes? Not sure how to use this machine, is there a temp I should be programming in?

Sue,
20200312_171630.jpg
And you said, "The high pressure for 150 minutes does an almost complete decarb. I checked it myself with hot oil baths. " Do you have to do anything after the 150 minutes? Not sure how to use this machine, is there a temp I should be programming in?
You got it 150 mins on steam.
*1st steam button push will light up the keep warm/cancel button. Push steam button again turns off keep warm button. You want it off.
After first run, let it cool completely, open stir and do it again.
:passitleft:
Use grapeseed oil for easy peasy pain relief topical

Your machine will decarb on the Manual setting. That’s the correct temperature. I’m not certain that the steam setting gets that hot.

Anyone know if this is hot enough for a good Decarb?

Sue,
20200312_171630.jpg

We’ve taken to doing a second cycle after letting it sit to cool overnight. We lack any evidence like labs to back up our suspicions, but some of us believe it makes a stronger oil.

I can tell you that the single cycle works quite well, and I wouldn’t hesitate to stop at one cycle.

Add lecithin after infusing and straining.

My last cycle I put the oil and buds into jars with lids instead of simply covering with foil. I like doing it with jars better, so that’ll be my process from now on. You can fit a few jars into one chamber.

Cannabis Cliff Notes: IP Oil :cheesygrinsmiley:

Water to the bottom of the rack.
Jars on rack.
Close and make sure vent is in the correct position.
Set and go. (Either Pressure Cook or Manual, depending on machine.) Highest pressure for 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Turn off Keep Warm.
Let it sit closed overnight.
Either run another cycle or open.
Strain, add lecithin and stir completely.
Let it sit at least 24 hours in the fridge before using so the lecithin can do it’s stuff.

And hey.... have fun. :hug:

Your machine will decarb on the Manual setting. That’s the correct temperature. I’m not certain that the steam setting gets that hot.

Anyone know if this is hot enough for a good Decarb?

Temperature is 239f-244f on high pressure setting
And 229f-233f on low pressure setting

I have older model that does not have the high low pressure settings. Ive seen the bubbles when in a hurry to start second run. The oil works amazingly and share it with great reviews. It takes less than 15 mins to start calming my wifes pain. I do thank you for this :love:
* Ive used scraps from the rolling tray collection, ive used lower fluff buds, top shelf buds, and even reggy. It all worked exactly the same from what I can tell, and feed back.
Ive also been adding more oil to bud ratio with same results. Do not have scale sorry, if using as a topical pain reliever my wife says it works the same everytime which is the best stuff on earth.
I will try the manual button on my instapot and compare.

You got it 150 mins on steam.
*1st steam button push will light up the keep warm/cancel button. Push steam button again turns off keep warm button. You want it off.
After first run, let it cool completely, open stir and do it again.
:passitleft:
Use grapeseed oil for easy peasy pain relief topical

High One Of These Days.... :passitleft:

I was when I picked up your post and answered gr. :laughtwo: Sorry about that. Sometimes I get going too fast for myself. Lol!

:roorrip: Huh? :hmmmm::bongrip::idea::yummy::passitleft:

No makes since to use the manual button vs steam button setting.

@beez0404 and I called the company to see what setting would give the temperatures closest to the ones needed for decarb, and their response was to use the Manual button.

beez, am I getting this right?

Sure...... I’ll take a hit..... :passitleft:

Thanks. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom