Insulating a grow room

rameraze

Good evening fellow 420'er.

I have a room that I plan on growing in which is 11ft x 10ft with 8ft ceilings. The 2 outside walls are insulated and vapor barrier with Plywood covering the walls. Once complete It will be covered in reflective mylar, My question is does it matter if I insulate the 2 walls that are on the inside of the house as well as the ceiling before I put up vapor barrier? Any advice would be helpful that you in advance.

Good evening fellow 420'er.

I have a room that I plan on growing in which is 11ft x 10ft with 8ft ceilings. The 2 outside walls are insulated and vapor barrier with Plywood covering the walls. Once complete It will be covered in reflective mylar, My question is does it matter if I insulate the 2 walls that are on the inside of the house as well as the ceiling before I put up vapor barrier? Any advice would be helpful that you in advance.

If the walls an ceiling are open, insulate. Watch the outside walls when you have a grow going in winter. I have a tent against an outside wall, and found condensation where the tent was against the wall. I solved it with a sheet of foam insulation between the tent and the wall. You may need to increase the airflow at the wall in winter.

Have you considered white epoxy paint for the room? That can be used to seal the room, as well as providing the reflectivity you need.

If the walls an ceiling are open, insulate. Watch the outside walls when you have a grow going in winter. I have a tent against an outside wall, and found condensation where the tent was against the wall. I solved it with a sheet of foam insulation between the tent and the wall. You may need to increase the airflow at the wall in winter.

Have you considered white epoxy paint for the room? That can be used to seal the room, as well as providing the reflectivity you need.

Thank you. I think I may use reflective insulation for the ceiling. I never thought of the White epoxy paint.. that is an awesome idea.

Again thank you for your input.

Back
Top Bottom