Intake to Exhaust newbie questions

PositiveGrape

OK so i'm making a closet into a simi-stealth grow cab. Top is for veg bottom is for flower as it is a bigger space. IT's an open closet on the front. My plan was to seal the inside with white plastic to insure air tight, then take a sheet of plywood and cut to fit snuggley into the open whole on the front.

here are some very crude pics that i drew.. i'm a visual person so i have to draw it out
20140702_174354.jpg

this is the closet. veg up top and flower on the bottom
20140702_174400.jpg

you'll see here is my idea to fill the front open hole. you'll see on the bottom left hand corners i have a hole there.
that is where i want to put the intake vents.. now the question is how big do i need to make those vents? also to make them light proof i was going to connect a PVC elbow spray painted black to ensure no light thru.
20140702_174409.jpg

now this was my idea for a exhaust that is dumped into a 5 gallon ona bucket. i was going to get a inline fan either 6" or 8" per your recommendations.
6"= 240 cfm
8"= 440 cfm
My total grow space, veg and flower is only 33 cubic feet.

Also i'm going to be vegging and flowing with only CFL's as of right now.. so i dont' think heat will be an issue.

So i guess my question here is, if i go with the 6" inline fan how big do i need my passive air intakes to be?
i hope my rude crude child-like drawings helped alittle?? Any info to make this easier let me know..

Re: Intake to Exhaust newbie questions..

Those CFLs will add up heat because there are so many of them trust me on that. For such a large space I would def go hps or if money is no concern led.

Back
Top Bottom