internodal spacing

lengado4

The girls are doing well they are a type kush? just went to full nutes growing in custom cabinet with 6 f32t86500k have plants with leafs that are 2" wide.
I am having an internodal space of @ 1 1/2 between nodes. they are a little lanky but the growth is shooting out of every where. what can i give them to get the denser spacing?
thanks make my eyes res just reading here.

You might look into a seaweed extract like Maxicrop. There are many other manufacturers using Ascophyllum Nodosum. Seaweed extract has lots of benefits to plants.

^^ oh yeah, and that :) If that lamp you describe is a tube fluorescent it can probably be within a couple inches of the tops, pictures would help

not to mention the strain , I have recently experienced this, depends on how long you veg for too, but if your lights are to far away they will stretch, lighting not bright, or the strain has long spacing, the things about that is, the colas should fill these spaces if they aint too stretched... my pennies worth.

and nutes like; Liquid karma, nirvana, flrcls + have the potash and potassium derived from seaweed kelp that plants love for filling in,,, depending when you flower..

Thanks all well took all of your advice added more lights. Recap 3 bins with 18 total with a total of 11 lamps in a array with light in 180 0/0 for a total of 352 watts and 29750 lumens of 6500k light. Adding tiger bloom and open sesame and big bloom will add grow big again next week.
The internodal spacing is becoming smaller I see bud starting to grow and still no males!

Hey internodal spacing is on the decrease went lst training and added more surface area moved the lamps that where in the plants to the outside edge
in only one light cycle not even a complete one the leading edge is turnig up.
Also changed to ebb and flow got rid of the drippers will use them in the garden this spring.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
FELIZ NAVIDAD:surf:

I have 2 questions, one about maxicrop (mentioned above) and the other about internode spacing. Hope this is the right place to ask. Stoner from the 60's. Never knew 420mag existed until a few weeks ago... Didn't know what 420 meant either. Had to ask my son.

I have heard of maxicrop seaweed extract. I am an oldie and grew some in 70s-80s in dirt, better than a stick in your eye, but...

Job went to India 5 yr ago, so did industry. Sux. Been dirt poor a good while but decided had to grow somthing or go blind. First attempt in 20 yrs. I counted pennies and ordered that maxicrop and damn stuff is a powder??? I thought it was supposed to be a liquid?I can't find any clear instructions how to mix and am scared to do it per pkg instructions, which is 2.7 oz per 16 oz water and is for per acre spraying!!! What gives? Can you tell me how to mix?

Question 2... I have six kids 23 and 15 days old, no idea what they are, no sex showing yet of course. I have 8 - 26watt CFL 6500k in duplex sockets (so the lights hang down in a 'Y' shape) with a light hood made of dowels and tinfoil (Yeah, I know, but beats nothing and was CHEEP (free)) and don't know really which end the light comes out of so I hope I am doing it right. That's 12,800 lumens in space 18 by 26 inches. I have the opposite - near NO internode spacing. You need SOME internode spacing, don't you? What am I doing wrong? Size of plants from 4 to 9 inches across, 3 to 4 inches high. They LOOK good, they are even starting to SMELL good, but I kinda thought after 3 weeks they would be more than a few inches tall. Stem before leaves is from 1 to 2 inches, so about 2-3 inches vertical space on stem with leaves. They have 4 to 7 nodes, so 1/3" between nodes but I can't believe seeds from friends 200 miles apart could all be dwarfs?. I mean some leaves are 1 1/2" wide and 5" long so I think the kids are healthy. I sure hope so. Oddly enough the 2 planted 15 days ago are bigger than those planted 23 days ago. I'm confused. But unconfused enough to know they ain't turnips.

Hey Old Gold. Regarding the Maxicrop - great stuff. Since you have the soluble powder, once you make the base solution at 2.7 ounces of powder to 16 ounces of water, what you get is a concentrate. So probably use 1 ounce of the concentrate in a gallon of water for plants.

Got that...from the dry powder make a concentrate, and dilute the concentrate for use in your garden. They also sell bottles of the concentrate already made up...you just dilute the liquid in a gallon of water. The liquid you use on the plants should be like dilute coffee in color. Since it's organic and low in nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium even if you use too much it probably won't kill anything, but may hinder growth if used improperly (I don't know for sure). It's a good foliar spray, especially after you transplant. I wouldn't use a foliar application after the buds start forming.

Used properly I think it's amazing - good micronutirents, growth hormones, enzymes, some nutrient value. It's an amendment, not a complete nutrient. You'll still need N/P/K either naturally in your soil mix or as a fertilizer.

I think CFLs close to your plants make your plants squattier. I think you can get more lumens on the leaves with less relative heat than other methods of light. Whatever the reason, when they show their sex they'll usually start to stretch and that internode distance will get greater.

Thanks a million FreakNature! That clears a lot up. I did use the concentrate full strength - and nothing died. Thank heavens... It does probably explain why my kids suddenly exploded in a startling burst of growth!

One ounce of the concentrate to a gallon, eh? Woof. I'm glad I didn't kill anything. I'm certainly guilty of trying.

I'm using the 6500k CFLs for vegging because of heat, but they certainly look happy with it. I'll do HPS for flowering. Things sure have changed since the 70s Mostly in the availability of information. This is great!

Thanks again! :thanks:

Yep it's amazing the many options available now. You're welcome and best wishes...haha I miss the old gold (Colombian) :)

I am in my first grow, White Widow fem. I have a total of 5 plants, 3 of them a week behind the other 2. First two just went into veg stage about a week ago. They measure 4+ inches in height. (The younger 3 measure about 2 1/2 inches high.) I use T5 4 ft lamps, 4 bulbs=28,800 lumens. They sit within 3 to 4 inches from the light. Currently 18/6 schedule. I have lots of internodal leaves on the 2 older plants, which surprises me; I thought WW was supposed to be tall n lanky? I plan to do ScROG method. Should I leave all the internodal leaves when I started bending the arms back? Does this mean more colas? The other thing, they're all pretty close together, not stretched out. Are there Indica-dominant strains of WW that might explain the bushier look? I have photos on my cell phone but don't know yet how to transfer them. (I'm middle-aged and what I call "equip-mentally challenged".) So, is the extra internodal, tight growth a good thing?

Back
Top Bottom