Interveinal chlorosis on the top half of plants

thanks pat i really appreciate all the input from you all, i thought it might be magnesium but the lower leaves are still completely green from what i can tell which is why i didnt think it was magnesium but i definitely will keep going with the epsom salts then to see if it helps to remedy them, how often do you foliar feed the epsom salts? i may add in some aloe gel aswell as i have heard good things about mixing the 2 into a foliar spray.
Not to discount the experienced advice already posted but have you looked into a manganese deficiency? The red flag in your post for me is old growth green and new growth having slight interveinal chlorosis. I would also continue to verify water PH and maybe re-check calibration of PH pen.

Good spot @jaybirdz I was unaware of Manganese causing the same symptoms. Upon further research I see that mottled brown spots are also common with this type of deficiency. Perhaps the brown spots happen as the symptoms progress.

Underfed plant.

I can see the early signs of cal def.

Contact the company and see what they suggest for a feeding routine.

Some brands suggest a feed/feed/water and some alternate between f/w.
There are other products that you can feed every time.

If Kushgrow is using new ProMix Herb and Veg then I doubt there is a pH issue already. It should be well-buffered.

that soil has added nutes. then he threw golfgreen at it which is a lawn seed starter. and he's feeding.
i been through this thread three times and still don't have a clear idea where he is on media. the plants are troopers for rolling with that looking so good though.

No idea what golfgreen is, but the NPK I could find on the ProMix Herb and Veg is 0.30 - 0.05 - 0.10, which I'd consider meaningless in the equation.

i'ts a little heavier media. the herb and garden that is. i run it at about 25% on the outdoor hydro garden i built mom. every couple years you have to pull the top couple inches off and add in a refreshed mix. we both top and bottom feed that system.

it's not a cannabis nute but is a good water only starter nute if you know how to mix it. i've used it before but always up pot in to straight hp promix if i do and roll as a regular hp grow.

Underfed plant.

i have to agree with this. i think a calmag product may be better than the epsom salts here.

yes to this.

i also like that call. with his media choices there should be a water in there somewhere.

The Indo Easy Grow manufacturer's instructions don't mention how often to feed using their product, but most companies recommend feeding with every water. Indo lists an email address as well as a chat box on their website, so I would reach out to them for clarification.

I wouldn't add any epsom salts or anything else until you try feeding them at 100% of the directions, which at this stage would be 8ml Max Grow, 2ml Max Bud, and 5ml Max Minerals.

Also, water so there is runoff (don't let the plant soak it back up) and only water when the pots are light. That will help reduce salts accumulating in the ProMix.
awesome, thanks for looking up the nutes and letting me know, i will contact indo and ask their recommendations and i will move up to 3/4 to start since i already added some epsom salts to the roots and i will water till there is a bit of runoff from now on.

@Kushgrow3579

When I had a pH problem, I foliar fed about every 4 days to keep them green. My pH dropped by transplanting with pure sphagnum peat moss.

If you are sticking with foliar feeds, do so right after lights off (if possible) and focus on the bottom of the leaves as this is where a higher concentration of stomatas are.

Right after lights off, our plants open their stomata for transpiration and this allows more of the foliar application to be absorbed.

Welcome to :420:
cool sounds good, i was looking up how often to foliar feed everywhere and so many different opinions for different types of plants from everyday to once a month but every 4 days sounds good to me so thank you for the info. Im currently on a 24h light cycle so i cant really spray them when the lights go out but i will try it towards the end of the day.

i'ts a little heavier media. the herb and garden that is. i run it at about 25% on the outdoor hydro garden i built mom. every couple years you have to pull the top couple inches off and add in a refreshed mix. we both top and bottom feed that system.

it's not a cannabis nute but is a good water only starter nute if you know how to mix it. i've used it before but always up pot in to straight hp promix if i do and roll as a regular hp grow.
i have to agree with this. i think a calmag product may be better than the epsom salts here.

yes to this.

i also like that call. with his media choices there should be a water in there somewhere.
alright i will adjust from 1/4-1/2 up to 3/4 to start since i already added a little epsom salt to the soil and then eventually in a week to full stregnth when i transplant again into the final pots. I will also contact indo just to see their opinion aswell but most likely will move to feed feed water. Thanks

Not to discount the experienced advice already posted but have you looked into a manganese deficiency? The red flag in your post for me is old growth green and new growth having slight interveinal chlorosis. I would also continue to verify water PH and maybe re-check calibration of PH pen.
Thats what i meant when i originally said molyb i must have gotten the m micros mixed up lol, Thanks for catching that and appreciate the ph tips. I calibrate the pen like once a week but it is an older pen so i definitely need to order another to make sure it is still reading accurately enough. I will still also check the soil ph with a slurry and runoff test in the next couple days and let everyone know.

Underfed plant.

Thanks man, yeah I am going to contact the company and ask about their feeding frequency recommendations.

that soil has added nutes. then he threw golfgreen at it which is a lawn seed starter. and he's feeding.
i been through this thread three times and still don't have a clear idea where he is on media. the plants are troopers for rolling with that looking so good though.
No idea what golfgreen is, but the NPK I could find on the ProMix Herb and Veg is 0.30 - 0.05 - 0.10, which I'd consider meaningless in the equation.

As I and VG said, OP needs to feed the plant per the nute manufacturer's instructions.
the golfgreen i used is a all purpose potting soil, sorry for not being more specific about that guys. It is this stuff General PDP Template I do not believe it has any added nutes either.

I also just upgraded the lighting from under 100w to a 520 true watt viparspectra 1200w that
20210812_194918.jpg
was normally $500 canadian and i got it brand new on a crazy deal for $140.

Back
Top Bottom