Interveinal chlorosis on the top half of plants

Just an update, its been about a week or 2 with both screens and things look way better, the droop is pretty much completely gone and they have grown a decent amount so thank you again to @InTheShed and @virginground for the suggestions about window screen. Thinking i am going to switch them over to bud finally in the next week or 2 once i get the screens off. Most of the chlorosis has returned green and the slight necrosis that was starting has mostly subsided aswell i believe. Would anyone suggest i create a scrog screen or just leave them as is as it is pretty much a full canopy already? Here are some recent pictures of them. Thanks.
20210906_204730.jpg
20210907_234841.jpg

Awesome, that makes it easy not having to string up the whole tent lol. I will either get some bamboo or i will collect some sticks from my back yard that i could use if needed. I was also able to get my hands on 10 more large bags of sunshine mix on sale like around 80% off for the end of the year for only $1.80 Canadian each normally like $7 each. I now have around 15-20 28.5 L bags of good soil so i should be good for atleast a year or 2 on the soil front aslong as i keep it stored indoors.

so just an update i have tried taking the one window screen off the top and they looked good for like 3 days until the pot got slightly dry and then never perked back up after a feed, it has been off for like 5 or 6 days now and still slightly droopy with the small bit of necroctic dots showing up again on the outer edges of a few leaves so im assuming i should probably put the second screen back on? If so am i just gonna have to keep the screens on for the rest of the cycle then? Its not nearly as droopy as it got before but id say about half way. Still havent switched the light cycle to 12 hours yet since i wasnt able to get the screens off as easily as i had hoped. Let me know if another picture is needed. Thanks.

and also i did water half the feed first at ph 6.5 and then i checked it again 24 hours later and it was at 6.8-6.9 so i lowered the rest to 6.1 and fed the rest to try to balance ot the next day but definitely think my ph meter is going, and still havent got around to getting a new one. i watered about 1/8th-1/4 of a gallon each time

and also i did water half the feed first at ph 6.5 and then i checked it again 24 hours later and it was at 6.8-6.9 so i lowered the rest to 6.1 and fed the rest to try to balance ot the next day but definitely think my ph meter is going, and still havent got around to getting a new one. i watered about 1/8th-1/4 of a gallon each time
and the feed was full stregnth aswell.

Other than the droop and a few brown leaves I'd say they look pretty good! I'm not familiar with easy grow nutrients, but it looks like the leaves might be showing a calcium deficiency. Do you have any cal-mag on hand?

Also, I would recommend waiting until the pots are light and then watering to runoff, rather than half and half 24 hours later. And make sure the plants don't suck the runoff back up from the trays.

Other than the droop and a few brown leaves I'd say they look pretty good! I'm not familiar with easy grow nutrients, but it looks like the leaves might be showing a calcium deficiency. Do you have any cal-mag on hand?

Also, I would recommend waiting until the pots are light and then watering to runoff, rather than half and half 24 hours later. And make sure the plants don't suck the runoff back up from the trays.
Thanks man, and for the indo it is the max minerals and the grow that contain calcium and magnesium i believe, i did actually lower the max minerals to about 4ml in the last feed when it recommends 5 because it says on the side if using hard water to lower max minerals to 3.5ml and i was thinking my tap water is alkaline due to it usually testing above 7 and leaving calcium deposits on stuff, but other than that the rest was full strength. I will maybe try just using the ro on the next feed and just do completely full strength all 3. I almost always water it all at once but was questioning the ph meter so i wanted to check it again so only did half and it did end up changing. I will make sure to feed all at once next feeds too though. I forgot to soak up the runoff and it re-absorbed before i could clean it up though so ill make sure to have paper towel on hand so that doesnt happen again aswell. Would you put the second screen back on or leave it off? Thank you.

If the runoff something you can soak up with a paper towel I suggest you water more and find another way to soak it up...sponge and bucket maybe? Ideally you would have the pots on a wire rack or plant lifter over a saucer, so the bottoms can get air circulation and you don't have to worry about the runoff.

And if the plants were happier with the two screens I'd keep the two screens. They're only getting taller and that much closer to the light.

If the runoff something you can soak up with a paper towel I suggest you water more and find another way to soak it up...sponge and bucket maybe? Ideally you would have the pots on a wire rack or plant lifter over a saucer, so the bottoms can get air circulation and you don't have to worry about the runoff.

And if the plants were happier with the two screens I'd keep the two screens. They're only getting taller and that much closer to the light.
Its usually enough runoff that i use like 5 paper towels and squeeze them into a bowl and repeat like 3 times but a sponge is probably a more cost effective option in the long run. I may have to look into wire racks at some point in the future too, never really thought about that. Sounds good, i will steal the bathroom window screen again in the next day or 2 if things dont improve. Am i stuck with them for the rest of the cycle most likely then? just kinda seems like a waste of power getting a light and having to dim it all the time but i guess thats what i get buying a light recommended for 4x4 coverage and not 4x2 lol sorry for all the questions aswell.

No worries on the questions...it's why we're here! Gotta figure that a light designed for a 4x4 should be twice as powerful as one for a 2x4. :)

And yes, go with the sponge and save a tree!
awesome thanks again. Yes i knew it was an oversized light but i figured it wouldnt be as much of an issue as it seems to be since the sun is still alot stronger and with the price it was almost the same as ones recommended for 4x2 so i thought it would be good incase i decided to upgrade in the near future so i didnt have to get a new light, kinda regretting that decision a little bit now though lol. Alright haha will do, ill see if there is a clean sponge or cloth around.

Back
Top Bottom