Interveinal chlorosis on top of the plant

Understood. I use this chart as a reference only.

1569696399698.png

So take whatever value and divide by 500 to get the EC. Your water is at .2 EC, so your feed is coming in at 1 EC, around 500ppm. Again things point to being on the low end of feeding.

i like your ppm values @MrSauga
i am revisiting mine, you probably saved me a pm.

i like your ppm values @MrSauga
i am revisiting mine, you probably saved me a pm.
The only thing I remind people is they still have to keep in mind that N loads increase as PPM increases depending on the nutes. If you have a 9-6-17 product then the high end of the scale will probably burn your plants. If your NPK values are 2-1-3 then the high end of the scale is probably where you want to be. If you run high PPM levels you should probably go to a F-F-F-W where every fourth feed is pH'd water only to help cleanse out the salt buildup.

The only thing I remind people is they still have to keep in mind that N loads increase as PPM increases depending on the nutes. If you have a 9-6-17 product then the high end of the scale will probably burn your plants. If your NPK values are 2-1-3 then the high end of the scale is probably where you want to be. If you run high PPM levels you should probably go to a F-F-F-W where every fourth feed is pH'd water only to help cleanse out the salt buildup.

Btw. I never did that up to now. I feed with every watering. Is that a good moment to start? But also keep in mind it takes like 1 week between every watering

The only thing I remind people is they still have to keep in mind that N loads increase as PPM increases depending on the nutes. If you have a 9-6-17 product then the high end of the scale will probably burn your plants.

exactly the formula i am on.
having a hard time getting enough N on most in early flower at 1200ppm. pushing them.

If you run high PPM levels you should probably go to a F-F-F-W where every fourth feed is pH'd water only to help cleanse out the salt buildup.

i'm on F-F-W now. maybe a drop in ppm and a third feed is the ticket.

That to me sounds like a great idea. Are you using the megacrop then?
just switched at flip.
in hempy.

not a good test however.
plants had other issues and were stable but marginal at best. plus upgraded lighting.

i'll get my crap together and pm for a chat in the next couple days.
better let @Aimeone have his thread back. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ok so I just watered one of the plants with ph 6.2 and around 750 ppm. I also checked the runoff. Ph was 6.2 and Ppm 850. So higher then what I put in. Does that mean there’s a salt build up?
Well let’s see how she takes it

Ok so I just watered one of the plants with ph 6.2 and around 750 ppm. I also checked the runoff. Ph was 6.2 and Ppm 850. So higher then what I put in. Does that mean there’s a salt build up?
Well let’s see how she takes it
6.2 is too high for a non soil grow. You are in the soil range, and you are not in soil. Get out of that mindset. Your medium is mostly peat, and has no nutrient value in it whatsoever, and it doesnt buffer the pH like a soil would do. If you do not get down into the hydro range, this grow is likely to continue going south. Yes, this is a hydro grow... even though it might look like soil.

I also checked the runoff. Ph was 6.2 and Ppm 850.
You're chasing your tail when checking runoff :) If you want to do it correctly you need to do a slurry test on the medium(which in your case doesn't matter). Worry about the pH going in as Emilya mentioned(I stood corrected earlier and mentioned above) and lets see where that takes you.

But aren’t they all made of peat? I compared to the other soils and the only difference I find is the ec value. But I’m trusting you guys.
Btw. On that one plant which is affected the most, I saw that the tips on the top are burned (yellow and dry). Sorry pic is not the best

Attachments

• 275BC019-E290-4937-9199-A0EB7C4F04D5.jpeg
    275BC019-E290-4937-9199-A0EB7C4F04D5.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 52
But aren’t they all made of peat? I compared to the other soils and the only difference I find is the ec value. But I’m trusting you guys.
Btw. On that one plant which is affected the most, I saw that the tips on the top are burned (yellow and dry). Sorry pic is not the best
Many of the soils have peat in them as a minor component... yours is mostly comprised of the stuff. Do not consider this stuff a soil. It is not.
Regarding burning.... when the very very tips of the leaves die, in a little triangular wedge at the very end of the leaf... that is a burn. When the entire leaf is being sucked dry, starting with the ends and then progressing down the leaf, with much more than just the tip being affected... that is no longer a burn, it is cannibalization, from a deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom