InTheShed Does A Vulx Comparison Grow

:popcorn:
No disrespect to Vulx or anything...but as a comparative grow it’s not looking so comparable right now. This grow feels more like a beta test.
I really want the Vulx plant to turn around man. I hope the upcan helps

I like the upping the Vulx idea and my gut opinion is if that doesn't seem to impact a change for the positive, maybe just run the exact same water and nute ratios across the two. Understanding this deviates from the original test/ some marketing and claims... if the plant with Vulx added comes out with pros when every other variable is kept the same, would be an interesting result.

Outside of that, my science lab tell me it could only be 1 of 2 other things.

1. The Vulx plant isn't FIMmed.
2. There's not enough shungite... or as Will Ferrell would say to the studio sound engineer and band, "needs more shungite"

I’ve been really attentive to customers that have placed orders to see about similar issues and I want to update you guys on it.

No one is having any issues of these deathly ill plants to speak of. A tomato gardener used some and she overwatered the plant and it still grew up huge next to the untreated plant. That’s in potting soil. I told her to add drainage to the pot and consider manually watering it instead of subjecting it to a particularly rainy season or to plant it in the ground.

Another customer that responded is growing a “CBD strain” in 50/50 coco soil mixture and her roots look great. I’ll attach a photo here. She was able to reduce fertilizer by a lot. “I usually use 6mL in this 4L jug but I just added 2mL”. She also “put [Vulx] in soil/coco/perlite then used that for my peppers, tomatoes, and tomatillos and they turned out great.”

Now the one interesting point is her water reduction (this is an estimate) was about 25%. I’m thinking that super light substrates don’t benefit as much from the water reduction capabilities, but it’s not something I have enough data on to really have an opinion. That and the fact that her reduction amount is an estimate makes that difficult to bring into the conversation.

Unless they’re not letting me know, I can’t say I have any customers not satisfied at the moment (whether US or abroad) and we have been around for a while.

This is why I’m shocked at the test - it is a huge outliar. While I in no way doubt Shed’s ability I also have no reason to doubt the abilities of Vulx.

I don't doubt the product at all, just the way it's working in my grow. Though the above examples are pretty far from scientific, while mine is less far from scientific! By the way, I have roots that look like POTUS' comb-over in my regular plants too!

Also, what do you tell outside growers with rain for a lot/most of their watering?

I'll be transplanting this weekend so we'll see how the next few weeks go.

That’s true and I’m definitely looking forward to working with one of the commercial growers to get a case study written up.

If there is adequate drainage rain isn’t an issue. That clay pot she had just wasn’t letting out the water.

What I mean to say is that while cutting back on water is possible with Vulx, if your pot has excellent drainage or is planted in the ground then overwatering won’t be an issue. Only if the pots are allowing pooling to happen.

Edit: so you would normally still cut back but the overwatering danger wouldn’t be present

Have you posed that in their intro thread? I think they're there a lot more often than here.

Or just PM them!

Have you posed that in their intro thread? I think they're there a lot more often than here.

Or just PM them!
I have several times. Everytime same thing should be here next week. I couldn't push the schedule back any more so I transplanted yesterday. Good news is there's always more plants coming through. If it shows I'll run it when I can.

It was transplant day yesterday, and my 5 gallon nursery pots were as tall as my 10 gallon cloth pots, so instead the plants went into 7 gallon Geopots.

First up, the no-Vulx AK:

I weighed the ProMix, but using the 5% calculation only gave me around 300 grams of Vulx, so I went with the updated recommendation of 68g/gallon of soil. Since I had a 7 gallon pot with a 1 gallon pot going in, I went with 6 gallons * 68g, which I rounded up to 420 grams ;).

Here is the Vulx AK:

And here they are after transplant:

They each got a gallon of water. 5grams MegaCrop/gallon for the no-Vulx and 2.5g/gallon for the Vulx.

With that much Vulx mixed in, there is a definite difference in the texture of the substrates, so I'm guessing that the original "5% by weight" instructions don't take light media into account. I think we will see a difference between the two going forward now that the correct amount of Vulx in mixed in.

Let's see how it goes!

Hey shed nicd lil journal... easy to catch up too! I fed every other on my first grow. Was usually twice a week when they got bigger. Anyways no issues as far as plant health, unless you count WPM, but i dont think that was lack of nutes or h2O.

Back
Top Bottom