InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Perfection?

It's 36" long and 32" deep, and every couple of days I take off some tiny lower growth with my thumbnail.

Yeah, right... :laughtwo:
:blunt:

My dead DTF and Candida mothers might have another idea...

Keep in mind that these were cut about a year ago and went into the 1g cloth pots in September

Are you launching a CSI team as well now, I think its time to let those plants go now. :laughtwo:

Strange days indeed!

Yes, I wounder if we ever will land in what we were experiencing as normal before all this happened. I think its been and going to be a real wake up call for all of humanity. But it will all be forgotten in a few years as everything else that happened to us in the past.

Hope you keep busy with perfecting those plants Shed, so great to see you updating again we missed you!
:rollit:

Top of the day to Shed & the Shedders,

Ok ladies & germs, gotta jump in. Just saw the root coring but never tried it plain. But I’m down with root corings sister - spiking. Yup same as coring but wallow out the hole & add your secret sauce - kelp, mycos, silica, aloe, ewc or DE down to the rootzone.

I usually run a mix of sand & DE on top of soil as barrier. My last spikes were kelp, the fungus gnats loved that shit & threw an orgy. So if you core or spike you may want to cover your tracks else the disturbed media becomes an express elevator for critters to feast on your roots.

I know Derby & Felipe, I hate you guys, just kidding!!!

I migrated to soil cuz I killed ‘em in every other medium. Now to be fair - I never tried hempys. I’ve got a nice 4 gallon bucket drilled and ready but just bought pair of mars lights. Mega crop is next on the purchase list, after that I’ll give hempys & coco another go around.

I always take a razor blade to my root ball when uppotting. Not real deep but I’ll cut down the length of each side just deep enough to cut the outer most layer of roots.
I have been roughing it up with my fingernails lately, but they're not quite that sharp!
Are you talking about scoring the tap root to create more root growth (is that's even a thing), or are you actually shaving off the thinner roots?

I'm asking, so that I can fill my bag of tricks for when I get into photos... :)

Are you talking about scoring the tap root to create more root growth (is that's even a thing), or are you actually shaving off the thinner roots?

I'm asking, so that I can fill my bag of tricks for when I get into photos... :)
Scoring down each side....1 cut per side.

To be clear, you should slice down each side of the root ball (4 cuts) about 1/2” to 1” deep (depending). Spread the root ball open at the bottom a bit before re-potting. You don’t need to mess with the tap root.

Hey folks, if you ever want to find out what your plants will smell like during flower, I found a reliable way to smell your plant before they enter flowering
So these 5 gallon DWC's are a month old.
I just take the inside of one of my fingers, (preferably it doesn't already smell like nutes or roaches :rofl: ) and I stroke the stem of a branch for a few passes then smell your finger!
My R hybrid (front) smells like skunk! The R indica (back) smells like musty pine!

I just wanted to share that little trick with you folks! you should try it with some of your plants. It's possible to narrow down the terps in your plants before you even know what's there! this was important because I have a few random unknowns in my closet right now. I'm just waiting for them to show sex now. :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom