InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

On to the quoting festivities!

Great to have you back Shed, feels like the old times aren't that far away now. :)

I didn't remember you growing a Power Plant. How was it?

Oh this must been back in early 2000's, one of the first strains me and my best friend grew under a few CFL's... so no wonder you can't remember it, this became one of our favorite strains along with WW.

Might give her a try again I don't know, really feel my green fingers starting to miss growing now so I hope I can get going soon again. Have to make a decision about that house I found though....

Sorry, I meant Golden Tiger. Seems I got my colors and animals mixed up there... :oops:
No worries! Thought I might have made reference to something I had forgotten. I did drop a Red Dragon seed but it failed to launch. I think I have one more to drop if @MrSauga found his to be a good head high.
Great to have you back Shed, feels like the old times aren't that far away now.
Thanks Crazy! Not sure if they're going to let me spend days at the office now that California is going through a surge in cases, but we'll see. Masks on!
Might give her a try again
@Weedseedsexpress ships out of Amsterdam so it shouldn't take long to get to you. Give them a shot and you won't be sorry.
Have to make a decision about that house I found though
Last I read you were letting another buyer in front of you. Did that deal fall through?

California is going through a surge in cases

Ofc I read some of the news that get here in pieces but I guess its hard seeing the full picture of it from here. Hope it gets better for you, what I meant was it feels like the old times here on the forum is getting back to normal again. Sure been some crisis here as well...

Last I read you were letting another buyer in front of you. Did that deal fall through?

She texted me that the house is still on the market so I haven't made any more inquiries about it but it sits back in my mind, feels like I need a fresh start and if the summer house get sold soon I need another place to take out my energy on and room for all my hobbies.

Also the summer house is still your ex's, so putting that relationship completely behind you (joint custody of Ginza notwithstanding) could be an added bonus.

I know and I feel me still spending time is both good and bad for me, I know I have problems with parting with things and moving on but I don't know if I got the energy to get a big project like selling my apartment and buying a house plus the move there... guess I won't know either if I don't give it a shot... LoL

I've been seeing some Ca deficiencies along with a bit of paleness to the leaves from early on, so 6g/gallon should help both. My last DDA ended up looking like a yellow poinsettia when I harvested it!
I never did see any Ca issues. You can always add some calmag on top if it keeps progressing at 6g without adjusting the MC.
No worries! Thought I might have made reference to something I had forgotten. I did drop a Red Dragon seed but it failed to launch. I think I have one more to drop if @MrSauga found his to be a good head high.
Geez I don't remember what It did. I never complained so it must have been good, but a good head high I really don't know. You know how my rating system works ;)
So I did go back and find this:
Yes, and both are delicious. I really am no good at smoke reports! The Red Dragon is really smooth and opening the jar smells like a fresh jar of coffee, Nescafe most likely. I can never figure out tastes, but it tastes good. I can never figure out what type of high I get off of it, but I get high. Overall it's about a 7 out of 10 for me. Picture me like Preston's brother. Me and him on a night out would just be getting started at 4am. The bigger the cannon the better, so my tolerance level is high.
Now the Amnesia Haze I can taste some lemon sometimes and the lemon smell is not as strong in the jar as it was in the tent. It's a little harsher to smoke and using wraps can make it a little overpowering as it gets closer to the end. I give it a 7 as well. Both make me sleepy if I want them to but they provide a good energy rush as well after smoking.
The AH was really sticky and still maintains that when grinding up. I keep both at 62%RH in the jar, but it dries out fast if left out for a few hours.

No mention of a good head high but I can add that in there if you want :)

Hey Shed, I love the look of that golden tiger so much so I might try to find a good couple seeds myself!

I have a couple autos outside right now and I know for a fact PM will be coming for them in late summer, I know you’ve battled it year after year, what’s your favourite preventative?

H-how is she still going? :rofl:
And yes please!!
She's still going but she sure isn't happy! Here is the solo cup filled with roots. Where did all the ProMix go?
20200715_095048 Candida solo cup roots.jpg

You can always add some calmag on top if it keeps progressing at 6g without adjusting the MC.
And then I'll need to add potassium silicate to balance my N-K ratio!
I did go back and find this:
I did too! Very helpful ;).
No mention of a good head high but I can add that in there if you want
That would be more helpful. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hey Shed, I love the look of that golden tiger so much so I might try to find a good couple seeds myself!
I have a couple autos outside right now and I know for a fact PM will be coming for them in late summer, I know you’ve battled it year after year, what’s your favourite preventative?
The GT is definitely filling the sativa slot, and to prove it my wife did not fall asleep on the couch last night. :thumb:

In terms of the PM, I'm still testing a few different things. So far on my Carnival (which is showing PM on the lower leaves - sorry @The Celt ... seems like the DE is not adding enough silica to prevent PM), I am testing:
1:3 milk:water spray
1% citric acid
Undiluted (i.e. 3%) H2O2.

I'll post the results as I get them, but it looks like the 1% citric acid does some leaf damage.

In terms of the PM, I'm still testing a few different things. So far on my Carnival (which is showing PM on the lower leaves - sorry @The Celt ... seems like the DE is not adding enough silica to prevent PM), I am testing:
1:3 milk:water spray
1% citric acid
Undiluted (i.e. 3%) H2O2.

I'll post the results as I get them, but it looks like the 1% citric acid does some leaf damage.

PM? DE?

Do you by any chance make Lacto, Shed? I have never used it as a foliar spray, but have read that it and AACTs work to fend off and prevent infections when sprayed.

The theory is that the bacteria and other microbes occupy the sites where infection can start and block pathogens from getting a foot hold.

I may get to test it out this year, my big girl has a plant growing nearby that alway appears to have powdery mildew on its leaves but never seems to affect it. I just don‘t want to disturb it in case I send spores airborne.

I make and use Lacto in my DIY foliar sprays outdoors (i use it in my drenches and ferments as well). I have always felt like it was a PM preventative because PM is not something I ever get on my cannabis - or veggies when I remember to spray them also. So I have no tested proof In my own garden, but do believe that it helps to prevent it.

High Shed! :hug: glad you got some time out at the beach :love:

Here's a late Tuesday update before I get the the multi-quote section of today's activities.

I thinned out the Power Plant and Chocolope from @Weedseedsexpress, both on day 62:

Power Plant:

Chocolope:

The before pics were posted here yesterday. I know it looks like the PP didn't get the same degree of thinning in the middle, but it's because I left more top growth to see what will fill in during stretch. I'll be flipping these this weekend.

You might remember that I managed to save the Sour G mother plant (Sour Diesel x GG#4 x THC Bomb) from the root issue by soaking the ProMix with H2O2. Now that it's got some green growth on it, it was time to take cuttings to start a new mother plant. I took five so one of these has two in one cup:

Of the six Carnival cuttings I took, two rooted. I guess one will be a mother plant for now (until I see if the harvest is well-liked) and maybe one will be a Big Gulp!

On to the quoting festivities!

Obviously :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks carcass!

LOL thanks Bode!

I didn't remember you growing a Power Plant. How was it?

Just trying to show off your genetics. :thanks:

I've been seeing some Ca deficiencies along with a bit of paleness to the leaves from early on, so 6g/gallon should help both. My last DDA ended up looking like a yellow poinsettia when I harvested it!

They'll never look as good as the Berry Bomb you delivered in that cup though :).

I have not. It is a solid mass of roots I can't even get a toothpick in to try to core them. I'll grab a pic for you.

I don't worry too much about yellowing lowers except as it telling me to bump the MC strength. And from looking at the thinning job I do before flip, there are few lowers to yellow any more! :goodluck: on the seeds.

Red dragon? Do you mean the Dark Devil Auto or did I miss something?

I'll try to mix up the GA3 tomorrow night (I won't be home all day) and start spraying on Thursday morning. Then I can flip the sprayed Candida on Monday night.
Hate to break it to you. That looks NOTHING like a poinsettia

Back
Top Bottom