InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

And you'll be keeping that to yourself then? Or is there a secret code word to unlock it? Afghanistan Bananastan?

shed, as I sit here and listen to The Smith's Hatful of Hollow....it's obvious....and yes the word was Bananastan, how did you know that?

Your grow, we all watch it, this thread gets a lotta visits.

Deep down, if you had the sponsored, promised, out of stock, on a frigate in the deep pacific GrowAnt light you could grow an auto transplanted quadline with 4 individual flying V boner colas like Preston's Bitchface.

But since they can't or won't or shan't or ? attempt to keep their word your left growing a lot less.

That is sad. Very sad. I so wish you could turn it up to 11.

:laugh:
Blame it on Morrissey!

And...that ain't the promised light. It's this:
26_G_1493445367736.jpg

I've done like Amy and I also sprinkle some Great White in the hole. Stuff is good stuff. Plant won't miss a beat.
Thanks Derby! Hope the vacay is going well and the storm avoids you.

Oh, gotcha!

Exactly what happened...see below!

We'll see, all in the name of science :)

I'm with Preston below as @flytier proved that to be an urban myth. He made pots that were like 20" tall and no roots hit the bottom. They flowered when they were ready. To get a plant to flower when the tap root hit the bottom would be a feat of genetic engineering as no plant in the wild has evolved that way.

All my autos go into 7 gallons from sprout except this one. This will be a test!

This ^ :thumb:

This is day 32 so we'll see!

------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday and it was time to wake up and smell the ProMixHP!

The inverse sand castle transplant method for Blue Treacle 1 on day 32:

Yes @Derbybud I remembered the mkyos, though I couldn't get it to stick to the vertical surfaces as they were dry. Root ball was not bound but held together nicely for the process. I did not loosen or score it as I normally would:

In its new home:

I patted down the soil so everything was touching, and gave it 3/4 gallon of flower-transition nutes. Into a gallon went:
½ tsp Armor Si
3 ml cal/mag+
½ tsp Grow Big
1/8 tsp Open Sesame
1 tbs Big Bloom
½ tsp Great White
TDS was 420 and pH was 6.5
Here it is:

Here is Blue Treacle 2 on day 6. It would be funny if the first one does better!

And here is Peyote Critical on day 2 after a day of sun and a night off to the side of the Mars 300:

Thanks to all for your help in deciding what to do with the transplant. This place is the place to be!
:circle-of-love:

Great transplant Shed. That was perfect. And as far as the root hitting the bottom of the pot thing, I have grown Autos all my life in everything from a paper cup, to a 5 gallon pot and they all start flowering after about 3 to 4 weeks.

Thanks Retrix! This one started early but it is a 60-65 day strain so I guess it should.

Oh that's right you just reminded me. My Blue Amnesia from MOC started flowering after 1 1/2 weeks. But that was the only time sooner than 3 weeks. And that is the issue with auto's. They are going to flower no matter what so it is encouraged to get them as big as you can before that. This is why it is recommended to start them in their final pot.

:laugh:
Blame it on Morrissey!

And...that ain't the promised light. It's this:
26_G_1493445367736.jpg

Thanks Derby! Hope the vacay is going well and the storm avoids you.

I hear your not a picky bitch. They could offer substitutes till it's filled...but that is work for them to make stuff right.

I have had a few bad transplants back when I was up-potting them multiple times. Now I really only up-pot once from a cup to their final container. I never have any issue with doing them that way. Super gentle and keep the whole bulb in tact, no negative response.

I've done a few that were older plants and they were just fine as long as I could keep the root ball intact. Totally possible to do without shocking the plant.

:passitleft:
Im pleased to hear this and will now be less likely to shy away from transplanting in the future with autos.

Shed roof maybe?

Will you get the most sunlight there? That sun is swinging pretty low these days eh? Im not Canadian...not sure why the "eh" haha

Now you tell me ;)! There's supposed to be mykos in the ProMix HP and I added Great White to the water, so I should be covered.
man what a smooth repot.
Thanks nobody. It was picture perfect!

Beautiful job man as mentioned before! :goodjob:

I know I know!
Haha too funny! I want to thank you for doing this for all of us to see! Im intrigued as hell cause this is my first real time in an outdoor grow journal. Ive grown some myself outdoors but it should be an education for me Im sure. Glad to be here!

Back
Top Bottom