InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Sure this is forward-looking, but I thought I'd post some closeups of the potential growth areas on the clones while I'm thinking about it. On the AK-47s they're basically flower sites, but on the Gold Leaf they look like just nodes.

20171025_204840.jpg

20171025_204840cr.jpg

20171025_204923.jpg

20171025_223423cr.jpg

And another one bites the dust (Gold Leaf leaf):

20171025_205328.jpg
All the clones I've ever done, look like their dying that's when i know their starting to take root. I personally would strip everything below the top node. Your asking that clone to produce a root structure for a lot of foliage. Much easier to support less foliage and generally faster too. I've only had one clone ever stay green and take off. This is just my experience I'm sure it varies by grower talent

All the clones I've ever done, look like their dying that's when i know their starting to take root. I personally would strip everything below the top node. Your asking that clone to produce a root structure for a lot of foliage. Much easier to support less foliage and generally faster too. I've only had one clone ever stay green and take off. This is just my experience I'm sure it varies by grower talent
Thanks MrC and welcome to my grow journal and to the 420magazine site. Since you're new here you may be unaware that you're replying to a post of mine from 14 months and 484 pages ago! Please don't bother reading all the old stuff. If you're inclined to hang around, just go back a few pages here and you'll be fine :).
:welcome:

Thanks MrC and welcome to my grow journal and to the 420magazine site. Since you're new here you may be unaware that you're replying to a post of mine from 14 months and 484 pages ago! Please don't bother reading all the old stuff. If you're inclined to hang around, just go back a few pages here and you'll be fine :).
:welcome:
Thank you, i thought i went to new threads. I feel silly. I still want to know how it went. I'll catch up

Thank you, i thought i went to new threads. I feel silly. I still want to know how it went. I'll catch up
Not silly at all! You've been here 12 hours, no one expects you to know your way around :high-five:.

All those clones died! It took another 8 or 9 months (and trying and failing at many different methods) to get the hang of cloning. I feel pretty confident about it now but I hope I didn't jinx myself saying that!

If you actually do want to catch up, feel free to start on Saturday when I posted a family pic. But really, there's no pressure. :)

Hey Shed - I’ve realised I might be part of that flipping party... at least o flipping hope so! My kids should be covered in pistils by now but they’re not yet, so any day now - fingers crossed!
Outside photos can take their sweet time. I don't think I saw any pistils at all for 3 weeks minimum after the summer solstice, so you're not that far behind! I think the goal for this Feb 1 flip day was a 4/20 harvest (April 20th for those who do dates the other way round). Not sure how that works unless every plant ripens on schedule :hmmmm:, but it's good to have goals!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very short Thursday update.

It was just about to rain when I went out to check on everything this morning so there are no pics of the plants, but I thought I would take advantage of that spare time to get the Peyote Critical top out of the cloninator and into ProMix. Here it is:

I sprinkled Mykos on the roots:

And buried it in the soil:

As you can see from the label, this was cut on Nov 17th, so it's been in there for over 2 months and it's pretty yellow on top. I've been foliar spraying but I'm not sure it helped. After planting I did a quick mix of half-strength cal-mag (3 ml) and Grow Big (½ tsp). I did not pH balance :).

It's on the heat mat but raised a bit as I don't think I need 80º for this one, just warmer than the air in the house. The cuttings now have the domes permanently tipped and I'll give them more domeless time this weekend.

Skies have cleared now after the morning thunderstorms with lightning (not L.A. at all!), and I hope your skies are clear as well.
:Namaste:

I think Magoo and Penny leave theirs in the bags and keep them in FDA 5gal buckets with tight lids. They never use the jars either.
Yup I use that method mysejf

Good question!
Building an aeroponic cloner bucket, aka The Cloninator!

To be honest, at this point it's just got the Candida top (no roots at all) and that is getting tossed out this weekend. I'm going to clean it out this weekend and shut it down for a while. I think the cold night air is working against me and I can use that space in the bike shed. I'm cloning inside in the ProMix cups now, on the heat mat.
Thank you! And is the promix/mat the way you mentioned having 100% success rate with?

Pretty darn close! I can't think of one I lost that way, but I attribute some of that good fortune to Dip'n Grow. I even put 11 cuttings from the AK-47 in one pot under a big zipoloc bag and left it on the heat mat...9 rooted!
That’s pretty impressive, and seems like it’s much easier too. One last question, from what I’ve seen, it looks like a cutting needs to be about 2-3 inches long, is that right?

Back
Top Bottom