InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

You can buy Flex Seal in 1 gallon cans now, expensive but cheaper than a new roof ;)

Hey! It will patch a boat bottom made from a screen. I saw it on TV ;) But have not seen
it on the interwebs so maybe it is not true ;)

Down side is, if it does not work, it increases the size of the mess and is expensive.
Up side, might buy you some time. How much, who knows ;)

Real advice, when you have to pull the trigger, Bonded, Insured, real Business

You can buy Flex Seal in 1 gallon cans now, expensive but cheaper than a new roof ;)
Hey! It will patch a boat bottom made from a screen. I saw it on TV ;) But have not seen
it on the interwebs so maybe it is not true ;)
Down side is, if it does not work, it increases the size of the mess and is expensive.
Up side, might buy you some time. How much, who knows ;)
Thanks plugger! I use Henry's 208R for patching and it works great...when you can find the leak :oops:. When I re-roof it will absolutely be a licensed roofing contractor. Right @Dutchman1990?

On the brighter side, you can alwys use your house as a boat since it does seal boats.

And references... with a roof it's always good. And be there if you can. They say they put tar paper under, but the shadier companies don't(not all, just stories I have heard) if nobodies home.

And references... with a roof it's always good. And be there if you can. They say they put tar paper under, but the shadier companies don't(not all, just stories I have heard) if nobodies home.
References for sure! And roofing companies specifically. Our neighbors across the street just did theirs and a new house is going up a block away so those are places to start. Tar paper is the last line of defense to make a roof waterproof! Hard to believe someone would try to get away without it :eek:.

I'm starting a savings account now...

Well that's the thing, if asphalt shingles are laid then most homeowners are none the wiser. Unless you are replacing your roof because of leaks you may never even notice.
I replace mine as soon as I see some starting to curl up, normally around 15 years, because they are 25 year shingles, which boggles my mind. Call 'em 15 years not 25 year shingles if they only last 15. I think they disintegrate after 25 ;)

Funny story
Our power and cable are on poles here running down the easement between the houses backyards.
I had an 8" tree in the corner of my yard that was leaning badly in to the pole and lines in the back corner
of my lot.
So me, no problem, I worked for a construction company back in the day and did the tree climbing
thing with the tree spikes, belt etc. So I went on ebay picked up a tree climbing spike rig ;)
When my wife and sisters found out, they laughed and said you know that was 40 years ago/100 pounds ago ;) lol
Your going to kill yourself, old people don't heal good ;)
Anyway, so being determined to take care of this, I got rigged up. Went out and got setup. Got the first spike up about
8" got the second about 8" above that. Took the first spike out, tried to do the next spike plant.
And promptly, went topsy turvy. Ended up on the ground kinda on my back because the belt was still around the tree
and one spike was still in the tree. Took me about 10 minutes to get un strapped and get up.
Did not break anything and was glad no one was there with a camera ;) lol
Needless to say, I used plan B which I still did myself ;)

lol, sorry Shed, don't mean to retract from your grow journal, but the story ^ reminded me of the guy across the street hanging his xmas lights and had the ladder wheels on the bottom. He thought it was for rolling. Well it rolled right from underneath him and off ot the hospital he went.

lol, sorry Shed, don't mean to retract from your grow journal, but the story ^ reminded me of the guy across the street hanging his xmas lights and had the ladder wheels on the bottom. He thought it was for rolling. Well it rolled right from underneath him and off ot the hospital he went.
I get up there on an A-frame, solidly planted! That guy was an idiot...and the reason there are now Christmas-light-hanging companies :). Business opportunity!

Back
Top Bottom