InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks AG! The recommendation is enough for me to try on my current grow. I'll plan to reduce my feed schedule by at least half. She's at 10.5 weeks and outside. The dirt ain't dryin so quick so maybe I'll give an even lighter feeding when/ if...
The dirt ain't drying because it's frozen solid at night ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-nap Saturday update!

First off, congratulations to all of you and your friends and loved-ones who have found a way off pills and on to cannabis. Your body thanks you and so does society as a whole. I appreciate you sharing your stories and I hope that others who stumble on this thread take heart in the success stories here and elsewhere on this site.

If anyone is unaware of the journals SweetSue has created on the topic, you might want to take a look at these:
Opioid Tapering With Cannabis: A Regimen (a great place to share the stories you've posted here)
Post Traumatic Stress Injury: Living & Loving With The Hidden Wound
Cannabis vs Chronic Pain and Neuropathic Pain

I know I haven't posted many pics lately, but nothing is really going on that I find interesting enough to photograph! Some stretch on the PC (you know what that looks like), some droopy leaves on the Candidas (you've seen it)...I'm basically just watering and moving plants around.

But since walls of text can be hard to read, here is the Bedroom Cookies clone that @Archiweedies gave me:

I'm not sure when to top it because AW's is a pretty low flying bush, so I may wait another 3 or 4 nodes. When it's thirsty I just stick it under the tap in the bathroom because the original soil is FFOF, and it still doesn't look hungry even after the transplant into ProMix HP.

And my only other pic today is the clone of the top of the Peyote Critical from the cloninator, planted on Jan 31st:

I watered it with full strength MegaCrop (½ tsp/gallon) this afternoon, and I've been spraying it with iso/water every morning because the leaves look like they were getting nibbled on.

The Candidas got some of the same water down the middle and a little around the sides. The bottoms are still wet but the plants look thirsty.

I also watered the PC which is drying out faster than the other two. I've bumped it to 3/4 tsp Pro-Tekt to help stiffen the branches in prep for buds.

That's it for me! I'll get some pics of the rest of the clones tomorrow and the rest of the plants if it's not raining again. Sunny today so outside they sit.

Nap time :).

I am interested in how your Candidas turns out because I keep reading it would be good for my knees. :nomo:

Nice update
Thanks Mushie!
That did occur to me... That clone looks great! I'm gonna have to get heat mat.
Heat mat and thermostat. I set it and forget it, at 80º with the probe stuck down into the bottom of a cup of soil.
I am interested in how your Candidas turns out because I keep reading it would be good for my knees. :nomo:
:welcome: to my journal Homer! CBD is good for inflammation, but it's not instantaneous like the high from THC is, so making oil for daily capsules would be the best approach. It seems like it can be a finicky plant from mine and some others here, but from what I've seen it is happier when it goes into flower. We'll see!

If you have some of your early harvest to spare (not the high amber stuff, that's for sleeping!), you can try making some topical oil for your knees. You can make a small batch as a test, and I think 15mg THC/ml oil would be the target for that. So let me know if you're interested and I can get help figure out how to hit that number with a test batch.

:welcome: to my journal Homer! CBD is good for inflammation, but it's not instantaneous like the high from THC is, so making oil for daily capsules would be the best approach. It seems like it can be a finicky plant from mine and some others here, but from what I've seen it is happier when it goes into flower. We'll see!

If you have some of your early harvest to spare (not the high amber stuff, that's for sleeping!), you can try making some topical oil for your knees. You can make a small batch as a test, and I think 15mg THC/ml oil would be the target for that. So let me know if you're interested and I can get help figure out how to hit that number with a test batch.

Thanks for the warm welcome Shed; I have actually been lurking around for a while here. :cool:

I have actually been using CBD for about a year now and it does really help with inflammation. I have some Cannatonic growing which is supposedly about 2 to 1 CBD to THC but I know the Candidas is practically all CBD so if your grow goes well I might try it.

I’m not certain how I feel about topicals because I have tried other types of topicals before and I just find the stuff gets all over everything so I think I will try to go the internal method as long as I can but thanks for the gracious offer. :thumb:

I’m not certain how I feel about topicals because I have tried other types of topicals before and I just find the stuff gets all over everything so I think I will try to go the internal method as long as I can but thanks for the gracious offer. :thumb:
My wife and I both take store-bought CBD oil every day so I had the same thought...why buy what I can grow! In terms of topicals, the oil you choose makes a big difference to how it works and how messy it is (pumpkin seed or grapeseed oils are most absorbent). I use high THC topicals for my migraines and my wife uses it for the arthritis in her big toes. Knees might be a good spot to try.

My wife and I both take store-bought CBD oil every day so I had the same thought...why buy what I can grow! In terms of topicals, the oil you choose makes a big difference to how it works and how messy it is (pumpkin seed or grapeseed oils are most absorbent). I use high THC topicals for my migraines and my wife uses it for the arthritis in her big toes. Knees might be a good spot to try.

Yes, the old why buy when I can grow got me started once it was legalized here. I have been making my recreational oil using Olive oil and I figured that would be messy. Maybe I will try a batch for topical using pumpkin or grapeseed oil. Thanks. I have a batch of CBDutch Treat from Crop King that is curing I got before I knew what I was doing so I may try it with that.

My brother gets migraines so may I ask how you use it for them?

+1 for grapeseed oil for topical. Did one from MagicalButters site that was Emu oil based. Didn't absorb nearly as well (plus Emu oil is expensive).

Yes, the old why buy when I can grow got me started once it was legalized here. I have been making my recreational oil using Olive oil and I figured that would be messy. Maybe I will try a batch for topical using pumpkin or grapeseed oil. Thanks. I have a batch of CBDutch Treat from Crop King that is curing I got before I knew what I was doing so I may try it with that.
My brother gets migraines so may I ask how you use it for them?
I'm heading out to dinner so I'll get you a rundown later tonight or tomorrow. Olive oil is crazy messy on the skin so I understand why you would think topicals weren't worth the trouble! And strength is key for topicals so I use a spreadsheet designed to calc oil strength.
+1 for grapeseed oil for topical. Did one from MagicalButters site that was Emu oil based. Didn't absorb nearly as well (plus Emu oil is expensive).
Not to mention the poor Emu!

I'm heading out to dinner so I'll get you a rundown later tonight or tomorrow. Olive oil is crazy messy on the skin so I understand why you would think topicals weren't worth the trouble! And strength is key for topicals so I use a spreadsheet designed to calc oil strength.

Cool, I have been wondering how strong my olive oil is too. Have fun at dinner and anytime is fine. :ciao:

Thanks for the input Farside. :thumb:

Hey Shed nice update brother. Yea hey just flipped today so you’ll get an idea how much they stretch. They seemed to just get a certain height and hang out there. Haven’t seen much growth even since the transplant to my eyes.
Both phenos I have stay very green! I’m not feeding nutes like you but I’d be careful feeding her. Keep in mind Penny ran this one too and he might have more info on feeding her. :cheer::high-five:

Not to mention the poor Emu!

My wife was asking about oils tonight for a joint tendon issue, can I just decarb and infuse some table scraps into grapeseed oil or what is oil of choice? Do I decarb?

Hey Shed nice update brother. Yea hey just flipped today so you’ll get an idea how much they stretch. They seemed to just get a certain height and hang out there. Haven’t seen much growth even since the transplant to my eyes.
Both phenos I have stay very green! I’m not feeding nutes like you but I’d be careful feeding her. Keep in mind Penny ran this one too and he might have more info on feeding her.
Thanks AW! I'll be watching that as you'll probably be harvesting before I even flip. I'll see what Penny did but that journal has so much going on it might be tough to find. At this stage...water only!
Curious about this too cause I have some coconut butter that's past it's best before date.
What's the difference between coconut butter and coconut oil and are you using it for, edibles or topicals? Coconut oil is solid at room temps and doesn't absorb all that well. For topicals or massage oil, fractionated coconut oil would be the way to go (it's liquid at room temp), but that is still less absorbent than pumpkin or grapeseed.
Decarb first then make oil. I use grapeseed oil myself.
What Derby said. And with grapeseed you have both topicals and edible oil in the same batch.
infuse at what temp for how long after?
I infuse for 8 hours around 180º in the oven, shaking every 20-30 minutes along the way.

Thanks AW! I'll be watching that as you'll probably be harvesting before I even flip. I'll see what Penny did but that journal has so much going on it might be tough to find. At this stage...water only!

What's the difference between coconut butter and coconut oil and are you using it for, edibles or topicals? Coconut oil is solid at room temps and doesn't absorb all that well. For topicals or massage oil, fractionated coconut oil would be the way to go (it's liquid at room temp), but that is still less absorbent than pumpkin or grapeseed.

What Derby said. And with grapeseed you have both topicals and edible oil in the same batch.

I infuse for 8 hours around 180º in the oven, shaking every 20-30 minutes along the way.
Coconut butter is more like coconut puree. It had more of a coconut flavor and is not just pure fat like coconut oil. I mostly was interested in using it as a topical sense mine is past it's best before date, but it still tastes pretty good. It just has much more coconut flavor so I am not sure how I would use it as an edible either.
IMG_20190209_214357989.jpg

No problem buddy! Yea Penny’s journal gets lengthy. You should be used to that :slide:.
Haha. I just search the journal for Bedroom Cookies posted by Penny.

Coconut butter is more like coconut puree. It had more of a coconut flavor and is not just pure fat like coconut oil. I mostly was interested in using it as a topical sense mine is past it's best before date, but it still tastes pretty good. It just has much more coconut flavor so I am not sure how I would use it as an edible either.
I have never seen anyone use coconut puree in a topical. It doesn't seem like it would be something that would absorb into the skin.
I just search the journal for Bedroom Cookies posted by Penny.
And where are the links, since you already did the work :).

Back
Top Bottom