InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I've been so busy catching up on what I missed over my three days not here that I forgot this mini update! Here are some Peyote Critical cuttings that were taken in the thinning whirlwind back on January 27 and have been sitting in a cup of water ever since. I thought it was time to get them planted, so I dipped them and put them in ProMix HP on Sunday. I think there are 6 or 7 of them, and I already have a taker for a few of them...

That's all!

You mentioned in another thread something about getting all the Texans together. Made me think you were including yourself in that group. Nmind!
Yes, one could infer. But it also depends on want tense were there.

Sometimes there's muster elsewhere.

:Namaste:

Sorry to disappoint!

Which pH test? I haven't tested any pH lately except to see what the MegaCrop came in at untouched...7.1 but I have no idea what the plain water was so I don't know how it moved.
I probably didn't phrase it right. Let me try again. You were not testing the pH of your mix and feeding it whatever it came in at. Are you seeing any signs that it's not happy, or is everything going as you expected it to be?

I haven't tested any pH lately except to see what the MegaCrop came in at untouched...7.1 but I have no idea what the plain water was so I don't know how it moved.

My Mega Crop came in today and I did some measurements. 5g in a gallon dropped my 7.5 tap by one full point to 6.5. Starting PPM's of the tap was 110 and the 5g contributes another 750 on top of that.

My Mega Crop came in today and I did some measurements. 5g in a gallon dropped my 7.5 tap by one full point to 6.5. Starting PPM's of the tap was 110 and the 5g contributes another 750 on top of that.
I was at 487 with roughly 4 grams because I use two quarter teaspoons. I don't really feel like breaking out my nice clean scale for that stinky powder!

Next time I mix it up exactly and see what I come with.

I don't really feel like breaking out my nice clean scale for that stinky powder!
I use a small measuring beaker, plastic, like 50ml, and just tare the scale. Keeps it nice and clean. I can then add my Sweet Candy or whatever else in the same beaker and just add that value on top of the MC. I find it easier to have it all in one container then add to the water after any calmag I may have used.

Shed you just drop the cuttings in water and leave till you see roots? You change water out at all? You using RO water or well or distilled? I am liking the idea of letting cuttings sit in water for a month.

Morning mr.Shed...... Hope ya doing well....
Morning to you Smeegol! Nice to see you again :ciao:
I use a small measuring beaker, plastic, like 50ml, and just tare the scale. Keeps it nice and clean. I can then add my Sweet Candy or whatever else in the same beaker and just add that value on top of the MC. I find it easier to have it all in one container then add to the water after any calmag I may have used.
That's what I did this morning so I could get a more accurate number. Normally it's just ½ teaspoon.
Shed you just drop the cuttings in water and leave till you see roots? You change water out at all? You using RO water or well or distilled? I am liking the idea of letting cuttings sit in water for a month.
I don't usually leave them sitting in water that long but I didn't have room for any new cuttings on the heat mat. I was very surprised to see some of them had tiny roots! No water change, just plain tap water to cover the bottom inch or so of stem and add more when it gets low. I had four cups of cuttings from four different plants and still have three cups left, so I'll take some pics of what they look like for you. Pretty easy if it works that way. There is the water roots vs soil roots issue to be considered when planting though.

Are you still using the mister cloner?

--------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday update! I seriously waited too long to water the Sour G. I knew it was feeling a bit light yesterday but I didn't think it was going to look like this when I opened the tent:

When I got it into the tub to water it it looked even worse!

Kids, don't try this at home o_O. I don't let my flowering plants get as dry as my vegging plants and I don't even let my vegging plants look like this. It did look a little better by the time I left for work but holy cow!

In light of that frightening scene and in light of @Amy Gardner's thoughts about keeping the Candidas wetter than other plants, I watered both Candidas this morning. No pics, but I did a more accurate measurement of the MegaCrop for @farside05.

My tap water was 7.7 pH and 163 PPM.
I measured out exactly 4g of MegaCrop, though with those large lumpy white things it's hard to be consistent with what's going into the water.
After mixing it all up, my pH was 7.2 and the PPM was 655, or 492 PPM of MC.

I don't know what the white lumps are in the MegaCrop but they are difficult to evenly distribute when scooping a measly 4 grams.

That was my crazy morning, plus the overturned car that shut down one of the main roads on my commute. I have no idea how they managed to do that.

Drive carefully. :Namaste:

@InTheShed . So your results were around 125 ppm per gram. Mine was around 150. I mixed up 12 separate gallons this AM but didn't test any of the to get an average. I'm guessing the 25 ppm differences per gram is attributable to the chunky white things and how many you end up with in your scoop. It would probably be best to reconstitute a larger amount of product into water and make your own liquid fertilizer that you would then dose like several tablespoons per gallon. I did that when I did my "super secret weed feed" grow with the orchid fertilizer. I'll calculate those numbers later at work.

@InTheShed . So your results were around 125 ppm per gram. Mine was around 150. I mixed up 12 separate gallons this AM but didn't test any of the to get an average. I'm guessing the 25 ppm differences per gram is attributable to the chunky white things and how many you end up with in your scoop. It would probably be best to reconstitute a larger amount of product into water and make your own liquid fertilizer that you would then dose like several tablespoons per gallon. I did that when I did my "super secret weed feed" grow with the orchid fertilizer. I'll calculate those numbers later at work.
Do you not have the chunky white things in your batch? I think I got some strange mixture because it's listed as 9-6-17 which seems to be different from everyone else's. It's the same one pictured on their website but the image of the label on the back of the bag has 10-7-18. Go figure.

You're referring to making a concentrated solution that I add to water rather than adding the powder each time? That would involve longer-term storage of mixed concentrate. Does anyone have any info on pre-mixing and storing MC?

Back
Top Bottom