InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

those chunky whites are calcium. i read where ppl were complaining about measuring with them in MC.
maybe use a mortar pestle to break them up before measuring?
hi Shed! i finally made it :peace:
Welcome NTV! It's so stinky and dusty but I just might do that. I could put the whole thing through a strainer to separate out the chunks, crush them, and add them back. Good idea :thumb: . I have to wait for a nice weekend day to do that though...with a gas-mask on :).

don't usually leave them sitting in water that long but I didn't have room for any new cuttings on the heat mat. I was very surprised to see some of them had tiny roots! No water change, just plain tap water to cover the bottom inch or so of stem and add more when it gets low.
I had roots sprout like this from my White Widow. I was keeping my cuttings in a vase, as decoration (not set up for clones). Neither of the other 2 strains sprouted any tho so it’s testament to the vigour of the strain perhaps.
:Namaste:

Do you not have the chunky white things in your batch? I think I got some strange mixture because it's listed as 9-6-17 which seems to be different from everyone else's. It's the same one pictured on their website but the image of the label on the back of the bag has 10-7-18. Go figure.

You're referring to making a concentrated solution that I add to water rather than adding the powder each time? That would involve longer-term storage of mixed concentrate. Does anyone have any info on pre-mixing and storing MC?

Yes I have the chunks. I was saying that's why we probably got slightly different results for our ppm per gram. It all depends on if you get more powder or chunks in your scoops.

My bag says 9-6-17 on it and their website says 10-7-18 on it but the front of the bag in their pics still shows the9-6-17 numbers. I e-mailed them about the differences and their replies are in my thread.

I had roots sprout like this from my White Widow. I was keeping my cuttings in a vase, as decoration (not set up for clones). Neither of the other 2 strains sprouted any tho so it’s testament to the vigour of the strain perhaps.
:Namaste:
Now you're gonna make me keep track of which strains are showing roots in the cups and which ones aren't!
Yes I have the chunks. I was saying that's why we probably got slightly different results for our ppm per gram. It all depends on if you get more powder or chunks in your scoops.

My bag says 9-6-17 on it and their website says 10-7-18 on it but the front of the bag in their pics still shows the9-6-17 numbers. I e-mailed them about the differences and their replies are in my thread.
Thanks! Any thoughts on longer term storage once the MC is mixed with water?

I don't know what the white lumps are in the MegaCrop but they are difficult to evenly distribute when scooping a measly 4 grams.
The old formula, which by the sounds of it I'm glad to have now, does not have that clumpy stuff, calcium as mentioned.
Does anyone have any info on pre-mixing and storing MC?
I had mine sit for an extra day, made from rain water, and had some scum build up on top, like yeast. I'm not sure if it was related to a dirty bucket, rain water, or the MC. Never tried it again. Only make what I need.

The old formula, which by the sounds of it I'm glad to have now, does not have that clumpy stuff, calcium as mentioned.
I had mine sit for an extra day, made from rain water, and had some scum build up on top, like yeast. I'm not sure if it was related to a dirty bucket, rain water, or the MC. Never tried it again. Only make what I need.
I have used half a gallon one day and the second half the next and not seen any difference, but if I was going with farside's method of mixing up a concentrate solution to mix as needed the time span would be much longer. I'm leaning toward notechvapor's suggestion of crushing the Ca chunks for now.

Oh, is that what you're worried about? Never bothered me one bit. Hasn't effected anything. I don't think it's that sensitive to minor changes in what's in a scoop.
Heck ya I'm happier. Mine look like tanned, which reminds me of the beach, which is where I should be.

OK maybe I'm still not seing the problem. I use a 1ml scoop, and from that mason jar I scoop in and place it it the beaker for weighing. I'm not paying any attention to my balls in the scoop or the jar. If I'm mixing 10 grams that's a few scoops. Even if just one, I believe it all balances out in the end.
I have not seen signs that say too much Ca today, remove your balls, or not enough silica today, grab more balls. Just my .02 cents.

That's it! I have no idea either, but this is from their FAQ section regarding balls in their sacs of fertilizer.

Yes, sometimes moisture will enter from outside of the bag/container, and clumps or lumps can form of MEGA CROP. You can still use this as normal, it does not effect the use or performance! Just use the normal dosage and the clumps will all dissolve in water eventually (usually 5-10 minutes).

So even if they do, chances are the balls will just hang around anyhow.

I totally get what you mean. I'm just saying I don't think it's anything to be concerned about whether the one feeding had too much of one then the next. It's used throughout the whole process, so I think maybe not look at it like other nutes right now. If that makes any sense.

I don't want to grab or release balls. I don't know why they can't grind it into the rest of the powder! But if I need to be a ball crusher, I will. :)
I wish it was more consistent as well. It's hard to mix up small amounts.
I don't like how dusty it is either. I think I would rather have it all be in clump/granular form.

Back
Top Bottom