InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Hope i get to see those two. Autos are fun!

Anybody make an Auto CBD yet?

Seedsman makes a Pink Kush Auto. 30:1 CBD. I considered picking some up for my next grow but I think I'm just gonna use some of the seeds I had in inventory.

Let my dogs out a couple of nights ago and the moon was so bright that it made me wonder what that does.
My experience outdoors is that it’s a little harder to get to harvest between bugs, humidity, heat, and thieves. I’ll let ya know how my second grow goes.. :rofl:

No seriously, I’ve not had any trouble with the moon but I defer to those more experienced outdoors. I think it’s easiest to just remind ourselves of what this plant goes through in nature and then try to give it that.
In nature, there are bugs, deer, rain, wind, etc. and the plant is a fighter.
I’ll bet some guy showed up a long time ago to find a deer munched on his plant and “topped” it. Okay maybe that’s a stretch lol.

I think i cut around 2 weeks too early.
You need to go out of town for two weeks when you think your plants are done ;).
I was totally daydreaming up ways to do this very thing! More to keep street lights and my outdoor lighting from hitting my plants outside.
This is why I put my plants inside at night even during the warm weather. You never know when the some security or sensor light is going to go on.
Plants that are started outdoors don't seem to be bothered by small amounts of light at night.
I've heard if it's a steady light that is always there, like a distant street light, they get used to it and do fine. I don't think that applies to the light over the back door!
So what do you city folks do about all the light pollution at night?
I move mine in the shed. I don't trust the street light/motion lights not to mess with the dark/light cycle.
Now I think you jump in to conclusions. I will bet you will not see that fast pH raise as in an airstone with a prop. The mixer is underwater and don't mix in any outside Co2 or o2. I'm aware of the gas layer in a liquid. You will see even more migration of o2 in a pressurized condition like in a hydrofor, don't know your word for it.
Any mixing is going to move the water around, increasing the frequency at which the water molecules that will meet the air, no?
Let my dogs out a couple of nights ago and the moon was so bright that it made me wonder what that does.
Amy wondered if the full moon coming shortly after her summer solstice delayed flowering for her outdoor plants.
I know not to expect the size and yield that I got from the photos I ran last year, but still hopeful for success.
That's that thing about autos...you never know what you're going to get. Especially outside!
My experience outdoors is that it’s a little harder to get to harvest between bugs, humidity, heat, and thieves. I’ll let ya know how my second grow goes.. :rofl:

No seriously, I’ve not had any trouble with the moon but I defer to those more experienced outdoors. I think it’s easiest to just remind ourselves of what this plant goes through in nature and then try to give it that.
In nature, there are bugs, deer, rain, wind, etc. and the plant is a fighter.
I’ll bet some guy showed up a long time ago to find a deer munched on his plant and “topped” it. Okay maybe that’s a stretch lol.
Grandpa Tokin put one of his GG#4's outside last summer. Deer topped it! Turned out amazing :).

Any mixing is going to move the water around, increasing the frequency at which the water molecules that will meet the air, no?

Sure but how fast the reaction takes place is dependent of how much water is in the tank. What temperature the water has. Cold water is more likely to bind more gas than if it's warm. If it's warm it wants to release gases/become gas, steam when you boil water.

With the airstone I could actually see the change taking place while watching the pH meter, remember I have an online meter. If I would stir the mixture with a stick or a prop I don't get the same fast reaction l get with the air stone. It's hard explaining this its a lot of physics involved but there is a difference with the different ways one can mix. At work we even have static mixers they look like a wine bottle kork screw that sits inside pipes that makes the water twist and mix while conducted through pipe works. Some chemicals like lime and the aluminum we use to ionize the dirt in raw water is very hard to mix in if the water is cold below 6-7C. Everything moves slower in cold water even the Hydrogen, wich is the actual thing one messures in water to get a pH (part Hydrogen) .

There is a lot of science and physics in understanding water and I don't think we humans know half of it yet.

:passitleft:

nap time! :yahoo:
:meditate:
have to say that mine haven't seemed wilty in the sun since I took your advice about keeping them wetter than normal
:thumb: yes I must try to remember that for next time. I think I’ll grow it for a while so we’re sure to get it figured out outside eventually.
Still really flippin' happy with how she turned out and now I have a much better idea of how to grow the next one
:thumb:
Amy wondered if the full moon coming shortly after her summer solstice delayed flowering for her outdoor plants.
I did didn’t i? Yes - I wondered if the timing affected the onset, by masking the shortening days a bit. It wasn’t until the following dark moon that things started to flower and that eas much later that the prev season - and so was the dark moon for that time of year. I know once flower is happening the full moon has no problematic effect. Not bright enough. :Namaste:

More testing needed! Consistent results will tell the tale. :thumb:

---------------------------------------------

Friday update and it's mostly sunny today, so the plants came out of hiding. I watered the Candidas (flip day 2) with 5.1g of MegaCrop and .75tsp Armor Si, a gallon each. Here they are sitting on the bike shed getting the first rays to hit my backyard:

I have a ladybug living with the plants in the shed but it can't handle all the bugs on its own!

Just a bud shot of the Peyote Critical, flip day 49. Hardly any weight on these flowers when I shake the stems:

And here is a family shot, minus the AK-47 that I'm keeping small indoors for now. That and the Bedroom Cookies will be flipped after the Candidas while the summer grow grows:

The summer lineup is still in flux as I await word on the timing of a clone I'm hoping to have shipped my way soon. We'll see...

That's it for me! Got some work to do here and then off to see what you all have planned for this weekend... :surf:

When I look at your girls outdoors mr.Shed I think how messy my outdoor girls are...haha, more bondage called for come summer....

If I may chime in with outdoor light affecting a persons plants outdoors I don't think much comes of it to be honest in a small way maby yes as I have a servitude road with a street light literally bout 8m away from my garden that leads to an old park that is no longer in use and I haven't noticed any differences in the girls.....

image.jpeg

You can see the wooden pole of the light behind the compost bin.....
The girls have flowered fine throughout as I shot that light out in December but after a spate of burglaries in the road I live in and having a disused park behind the house the neighborhood watch had municipality repair all street lights in the neighborhood.
Rather safe than sorry.

Also I haven't had a single hermie or anything other caused by the light at night.

Good info and hi again Smeegol!
I have grown a few autos outside but I can’t recall if I’ve actually harvested a photoperiod plant outdoors. I don’t think I have. Grown a few and got too busy between my indoor and outdoor grow so I let em go.
This year I’ll be running my outdoor photoperiod maiden voyage.
I hope I can get through the first one with little trouble.

edit: Dang I keep loosing track of which journal I'm in. Meant to post this question in AW's journal. LOL :sorry:

I know once flower is happening the full moon has no problematic effect. Not bright enough.
Sounds reasonable :)
I have a servitude road with a street light literally bout 8m away from my garden that leads to an old park that is no longer in use and I haven't noticed any differences in the girls..
I may have mentioned this earlier but I think a constant small light source like that is something the plants get used to and ignore. But if you have a motion sensor light that goes on and off or patio lights you turn on and off it may short circuit the dark time cycle. That's why I don't leave mine out all night in flower.

Those Christmas trees look great!
I have grown a few autos outside but I can’t recall if I’ve actually harvested a photoperiod plant outdoors. I don’t think I have. Grown a few and got too busy between my indoor and outdoor grow so I let em go.
And we'll all be watching...no pressure ;).

I've been pretty happy with this outdoor run if any advice moths are the enemy I found and with this crazy rain from the cyclone off Africa I'm getting abit nervous with mold and mildew...

@InTheShed funny you mention light timers as there's a house opposite my garden that lights are on motion sensors and picks up movement on the street in front and it shines right up that servitude when tripped, never thought of that but that row of corn and shade netting blankets most of it.

I've been pretty happy with this outdoor run if any advice moths are the enemy I found and with this crazy rain from the cyclone off Africa I'm getting abit nervous with mold and mildew...

My bro says the same thing about moths.... like they just carry around the mold.

Back
Top Bottom