InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Salve should be an easy fix.

Keep the wax
Melt it down
You'd have a crop
It wood be on top.

In a little white box.

This is what came to mind after looking at the spread sheet. lol

Math, it's why I turned to weed.... wait, no it wasn't.

I like to go with: err on the HIGH side and take a nap if I need to.

Just messin. Cool that you can get your gear tested.

Cant wait to get flowers tested.

240 for 90 minutes is the sweet spot??

I've been doing like 275 for 60 minutes. Only cause my oven doesn't like to stay that cool for some reason. The oven thermometer doesn't seem to start being accurate until its 300F or higher. So I gotta hang in the kitchen while decarb happens.

I'll have to get out my MB machine and start reading the directions. Damn u.

it corresponds to Chris’s data as well, so I still say it’s promising
Promising indeed!
They claim they can test your sample while you wait - takes about 5 minutes for the testing. $50 per sample.
:hmmmm: My lab only charged $75 and they allow 4 days from receipt of the sample, though I have no idea how long it actually takes. Your place might be using a T-check handheld meter. I think for the extra $25 getting full on liquid/gas chromatography is probably worth it.
One word of caution here. Since there was zero CBDa detected, that only tells you half the story. You certainly decarbed long enough to convert all the CBDa, but we don't know if maybe you decarbed too long.
Too long would indicate that I have destroyed some of the CBD? Since I hit my estimate almost exactly, I can't see starting to change my decarb times to see where I get the best numbers without having a relative in the testing business!
Next test run I do I'll try oils again
For science!
OK Thanks for the link Shed , i still think that is pretty weird and thanks for the LST Training for autos too . i had read it before and now looking back there is a few things i didn't do .
Practice makes perfect SB!
Fantastic Shed! I would like to get the 20:1 CBD girls tested once I flower them out and see what they clock in at! Excellent work!
:thanks: Dutch!
I had some reading to do. I’ve had better luck with the sun than you have Shed. Hope that changes some for you soon.
I appreciate the test results from your Candida. Thanks man
We had a sunny weekend :).
If one were interested in using such a spreadsheet where might one find a downloadable version of it (because that's awesome!)?
Looks like you got pointed in the right direction :thumb:
Ditto!
EDIT: After a quick thread search, I found it HERE. Thanks @Oldbear!
Thanks CC!
Found a previous post in which @InTheShed had posted a link: Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!
Thank you, @InTheShed ! And thank you also, @Amy Gardner !
ETA: And thanks to @Oldbear for creating and sharing!
His spreadsheet is great. The only thing I bring to the table are my instructions on how to use it. I'll post those below.
240 for 90 minutes is the sweet spot??
It seems to be for me. This is 62% RH buds in a homemade foil pouch. I do 90 minutes to allow time for the heat to get through the foil, so if I were in a turkey bag I'd probably go less time. And the higher the temps, the more toasted/burned the buds taste in the end.
I'll have to get out my MB machine and start reading the directions. Damn u.
:sorry: :cheesygrinsmiley:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my basic instructions for using Oldbear's spreadsheet (which I have been told by the mods not to post anymore, because it links to a Google doc, a no-no on the site now). Obviously they haven't removed all my old links! I'll put this in as a quote to take up less room. If you're interested, you can expand it!

These instructions for using the spreadsheet for either topicals or ingestibles using bud in oil. If you're doing concentrates into oil, you will need to use an estimate of the cannabinoid content of your concentrate (probably upwards of 80% if not close to 100%) and an efficiency rating of 100%. I use 80% efficiency when using a jar in the oven, and 85% with the MB2.

------------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to Oldbear's spreadsheet, which you can download to your computer as an Excel file, then save as with a different name:
Concentration and Doseage Calculator (link removed)

If you're not doing custom blends like OldBear does, you can just use the first column and ignore the Blend Two and Blend Three at the bottom. It works in grams and milliliters, so you'll need to convert your ounces of oil to ml. If you want to blending of more than one strain, you would go on to use the other columns as well.

Once you have the spreadsheet open on your computer, you start by entering the percentages of THC and CBD you think is in the material you will be using.

Next you will enter the amount of material you will be using. I decarb first, then I weigh it and add it to the spreadsheet. For CCO the weight shouldn't change after decarb like it does with buds.

Next step is to figure how how much oil you will need to get to the THC concentration you want. The spreadsheet will tell you the concentration level (green boxes on the right under Dose ML) when you put in a number in the box for "Oil volume." The less oil you add, the stronger the result. Of course, you will need enough oil to soak the crumbled material, so you may have to play with that cell while you see what you can get away with.

If you're making topical pain oil, I believe that 10mg/ml is the minimum for topical pain relief but I shoot for 15mg/ml. That can be a tough number to get to unless you grind the material, because it takes more oil to cover crumbled buds (hence it's more diluted) rather than ground ones. But grinding shears off the trichomes and they can get left behind in the grinder, so I coat the walls of the grinder with my oil so I can swipe it off and add it to the final mix.

I have had to run the oil twice to get the highest THC concentration I can if the buds won't submerge in the oil. Grinding can help with that, Not a problem with CCO, or the MB2 since it grinds as it works. Stems off please!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is confusing, let me know!

Monday update! It was sunny this weekend :yahoo: so that's nice. Then it rained last night what? June 23rd in Los Angeles?

View media item 1690550
This is nuts! Luckily, all but one of the plants were inside last night, but the Lemon Potion auto was soaked. I'm thinking that I'll lose a lot of this to mold now given how tight the plant is, but I'm giving it my best:

Still drizzling this morning so I had to turn on the light in the shed...first time since flip, and the other plants stayed in or adjacent to the tent. And everything we leave outside all summer got wet because it does not rain in June in Los Angeles. Except last night. Jeez!

Let's take a trip down memory lane to yesterday and Saturday when it was sunny, shall we?

We haven't had a proper look at the big three lately, so let's start with those. This was Saturday, flip day 13...

Berry Bomb 1.3:

AK-47:

Bedroom Cookies 2.2:

Man oh man am I looking forward to thinning those! Only the AK fits through the shed door without fear of taking off a branch. And watching all the plant moves is the mother Black Phoebe sitting on her nest, shitting on the wall:
View media item 1690551
The dad stands guard nearby and chirps at me the entire time I'm moving the plants. I tell him I'm moving as fast as I can.

Yesterday I finally got the cuttings into ProMix. These range between a week and a month old, and had been sitting in cups of water. First step is fill the clear cups with ProMix HP and flood them with distilled water:

Then I sorted through all the cuttings and picked the ones I wanted to use. These are the rejects:

I am cloning the AK-47s in water, so I kept the ones that had some roots. There was one Sour G that had the beginnings of roots so I kept that in water, as well as this single-root Candida! Part of the batch taken about a month ago.

The rest of the keepers got scraped, dipped in Dip'n Grow (dilution at 15, around 5-7 seconds):

and sunk into the wet medium. Compress the soil around the stems, spray the domes (only time I spray) and put them on the heat mat at 80ºF:

All the ones in domes have at least 2 per cup and some have 3. And I'm not sure if one of them is IIP or CD-1, but I'll be able to tell as they grow, so I'll figure it out.

Oh yeah, I also put the Candida oil in capsules. They're about 10mg each:

The taste isn't something I can swish around in my mouth for a minute at the moment, and my wife won't bother to, so it's capsules for both of us now. I may try to build up a tolerance to the taste as we go, like I did for broccoli. I have read that CBD is best absorbed through the mouth rather than the stomach, but it will be a challenge!

That's it for me! I hope you all had a great weekend. :ciao:

:peace:

I'm close to 100% success since I switched from clonex gel to Dip'n Grow. I won't clone without it now! And the dome/de-dome method I got from beez0404. I modified the timing of it because he moves them along faster than I do, but it's basically the same idea.
Gunna order some

The root riots tend to work well, if I have them, this option, in soil , I like a lot, I always have soil

I'll be doing 6-9 here soon on my new strains I'm trying so this comes at perfect timing

Grociass my friend

Luckily, all but one of the plants were inside last night, but the Lemon Potion auto was soaked. I'm thinking that I'll lose a lot of this to mold now given how tight the plant is, but I'm giving it my best:
How sad that is :(. I'm probably going to chop mine either tonight or tomorrow.
However, those big 3 girls look awesome!! :thumb:

Gunna order some
The root riots tend to work well, if I have them, this option, in soil , I like a lot, I always have soil
I'll be doing 6-9 here soon on my new strains I'm trying so this comes at perfect timing
Grociass my friend
Passing along the knowledge!
How sad that is :(. I'm probably going to chop mine either tonight or tomorrow.
However, those big 3 girls look awesome!!
Thanks BL. I can't be too disappointed given how little it is anyway, but it does smell nice! Maybe a day in front of the fan will help. WD40 as well? ;)
Oh and I just made Candida oil today
12gr in 6 oz of grape seed oil
Yummy
Noice :thumb:
You’ve got the AK’s number , brother!
I'd say I can grow that one with my eyes closed but I cut my fingers trimming with my eyes open, so I'll stick with "thanks!"

Those 3 big girls will definitely love a good haircut! Go wild my friend haha!
Nice CBD capsules! I hope they work well!
Thanks Dutch!
Nice looking ladies there Shed - when will they flower??
Are you putting them in the dark earlier every day now??
The three big ones go in the shed every night at 8pm for darkness and come out every morning at 8am, so that's their 12/12 cycle that started just over two weeks ago. They had been on 24/0 in veg, but then I left them outside for a week at 14/10 before I flipped them, so they may have gotten a bit of a head start on the flowering cycle.

---------------------------------------------------------------

OMG it's like nighttime here there is so little sun. Do I talk about the grey enough? I know it's getting boring, but imagine you woke up every morning and your lights decided to put out only 18,000 lux no matter what you did! Oof.

Looks like it's time to break out the BT spray, as this (and its poop on the right) was on the Berry Bomb this morning:

'Tis the season! Also, as I mentioned yesterday, 'tis the season for botrytis mold. This was my Lemon Potion auto this morning:

This is what I removed (I binned it):

Let's hope I got it all.

I soaked it in H2O2 but I'm sure it will have no effect. It didn't make a difference to the mold on my Blue Treacle in January.

That's all I have this morning!

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom