420 Magazine Background

InTheShed Grows Autos & Photos, Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

nobodyhere

What kind of shoes did you have on?
New Balance 1080 12.5EE is what I run in.

Last time I was in California I ran a marathon that the final 4k of it was like +1000 feet. There was this killer fast cute chick I was tailing that was keeping me motivated. She was singing some pop song like 'girls on fire', not the eno 'baby's on fire', but anyway, she crashed hard on that ascent. It was not pretty.

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018

oopssteptinit

Thanks so much, Shed. So, 175 might be way more than I need? Nother dumb question then. Can I replace the 175w bulb with a smaller one? This thing was given to me and I don't know anything about CFLs. I would like to be as energy efficient as possible.

*Never mind, I just looked up the 23w'rs on Amazon and they are nothing like this monster light fixture I have. So, one of those itty bitty 23 w bulbs would keep a couple mother plants going for awhile? Or am I misunderstanding?

Last edited:

oopssteptinit

I had 11 clones under a single 23w 6500k. The mothers should be fine under one if you are following that 2l bonsai mother guide. I think the only reason you would want more light is if you are not making clones fast enough. That would be my take.
Hey Great, Thanks Reave! Appreciate it, and we are talking about those little 23w spiral looking bulbs that screw into a typical socket and cost about $1-3 US each? Thank you again

oopssteptinit

Hiyall, my ears were ringing with the talk of CFLs! I have much fun with them, but I'm with Shed get cheap LED if you can find one. eBay has mars hydro 300's with a diode or two out for 30-40 dollar range... even with bulbs out on mine I'm growing awesome plants. Cheers, thanks for all you do Mr. OS! :yahoo:
Thanks Pbass, I'll look into that. Kinda like the LED idea myself. Appreciate it.

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018
Thanks so much, Shed. So, 175 might be way more than I need? Nother dumb question then. Can I replace the 175w bulb with a smaller one? This thing was given to me and I don't know anything about CFLs. I would like to be as energy efficient as possible.

*Never mind, I just looked up the 23w'rs on Amazon and they are nothing like this monster light fixture I have. So, one of those itty bitty 23 w bulbs would keep a couple mother plants going for awhile? Or am I misunderstanding?
I had 11 clones under a single 23w 6500k. The mothers should be fine under one if you are following that 2l bonsai mother guide. I think the only reason you would want more light is if you are not making clones fast enough. That would be my take.
What Reave said!
Hey Great, Thanks Reave! Appreciate it, and we are talking about those little 23w spiral looking bulbs that screw into a typical socket and cost about $1-3 US each? Thank you again
Yep! The regular curly ones.
Thanks Pbass, I'll look into that. Kinda like the LED idea myself. Appreciate it.
A Mars 300 will make your mothers grow a lot faster, so if you're going for a bonsai plant it makes it harder for you to keep up. Unless, like Reave said, you have a need to keep generating cuttings.

BeezLuiz

Grow Journal of the Month: Nov 2018
Sorry I'm late to the trichome party, but I agree with what everyone else is saying.
I'm also concerned about getting amber on the buds, as this needs to be CBN-free!
If this is the case, then definitely harvest this weekend. :goodluck:

Pbass

I bet that was warm @Pbass
It was, I was going to expound apon that but though I'd keep it short. I used CFL so much, as clone lights, veg, flower, supplement lighting...they are super versatile and entirely cheap DIY gold....but they are hot and they need to be pretty close. Watch you don't let your girls grow into them and keep a fan going!

Pbass

Thats what my struggle was (if you could call it a struggle), keeping the heat factor in check. LED's took that out of the equation entirely. I'm running (2) Mars Hydro 300's, (1) 700, (1) Viparspectra 450, and (1) knockoff in a 4x6 room ... like 800w + of light with nothing but a floor fan and it stays under 80f easily. But CFL are SO easy to get a hold of and be productive with though, I totally get running them.

PCaddict

They look awesome and expensive! I bet they will grow amazing pot. I myself prefer going the cheap route and shoot for most all of the capabilites of a expensive name brand light at a fraction of the cost. If I can grow 95% as good of weed for 30% the cost thats a win to me. (Percentages are estimations, your mileage may vary)
What lights do you use ?

Top Bottom