InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I went to bed with love shack in my head. Woke up this morning and much to my dismay... Love shack. Being 31 the rest of B52's classics were not in my scope so I googled rock lobster and came upon a video... I was not nearly high enough for that so I had to back out and goto sleep. The 70s must have been a magical time lmao
Down down down....

@Reave Windows 10 is not in the phase of "ending support" right now like Windows 7 is, so you are correct. And as you rightly stated, Windows 10 has great performacne even on older machines.
I build Gaming Rigs or Gaming Computers and I only install Windows 10 on all the PCs I work on which is a lot Lol. I am always fixing peoples PCs and Gaming Computers. I have 5 Gaming rigs right now three have Core i7 7700Ks 32 gigs of ram and 1080tis One has an AMD 580 and another has a Core i9 9900k I still have to finish it I still need to run the Chrome water lines and I am at a sticking point on it I am not sure how I am going to be able to run the supply and return through a plate on the front I have to line them up perfectly. But I really like Windows 10
:high-five:

What's the story on leave tips making a hard sideways turn..? I think flush tonight and then cut my nute dose in half for a bit. The girls are actually growing pretty good again but some serious bizarre leaf action. One plant the edges are turning down, the other plant turning up!

Attachments

• IMG_20191110_1032416.jpg
    IMG_20191110_1032416.jpg
    789.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20191110_1029551.jpg
    IMG_20191110_1029551.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20191110_1058271.jpg
    IMG_20191110_1058271.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20191110_1046557.jpg
    IMG_20191110_1046557.jpg
    732.9 KB · Views: 36
What's the story on leave tips making a hard sideways turn..? I think flush tonight and then cut my nute dose in half for a bit. The girls are actually growing pretty good again but some serious bizarre leaf action. One plant the edges are turning down, the other plant turning up!
When the leaf tips turn 90° (downward) at the tips, it's usually a sign of N excess.
KRuFnY4-1022x1024.jpg

A flush should help, then hit em with reduced nutes. They should snap right back.
:thumb:

If you're in soil I'd say maybe overwatering. Something is off on the watering and/or feeding. After saying to first listen to the more experienced next I'd say go back to the basics in watering/feeding and then have patience for about a week.

If you're in soil I'd say maybe overwatering. Something is off on the watering and/or feeding. After saying to first listen to the more experienced next I'd say go back to the basics in watering/feeding and then have patience for about a week.
Agreed!

They look a little wet.
:thumb:

Sometimes genetics make plants do weird things. Like grow sideways like that.

but the overall drooping looks to be over watered, or under watered... it could also mean your light is too close. Generally if the plant is working away from the light the light is too close, but if your plants are working towards the light. It’s at the right distance.

let’s figure out your watering issue and, you should be set to go.

I havn't watered since Tuesday and I'm Promix HP which is supposed to have fabulous drainage! Bottom of the pots are still a little wet though. Lights are up at 24" from canopy. The TO Cookies plant was very droopy yesterday. I recognized the symptoms from the first time I let them all dry out after transplant so I did give it 1L of water, just enough for some surface moisture but not enough to get to the bottom where it was still wet and it perked right up an hour later.

On the upside all the leaves seem to look healthier in colour as in a no more light green or magnesium deficiency signs since adding Calmag. Growth is starting to pick back up again I just need to sort out watering. I don't think they have the root systems yet to really drink up a full pot worth of watering so when I fully water everytime the bottoms are just constantly soaking wet.

After reading some of Emily's stuff I think I need to flush to start fresh and then lightly water the tops like I did yesterday intermediately until the bottom of the pots dry out and then fully water. until the roots grow enough to return to only full watering. Also going to cut nutes in half.

Attached before and after 1L of water for TO Cookies.

Attachments

• IMG_20191110_1029597.jpg
    IMG_20191110_1029597.jpg
    701.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20191109_1149216.jpg
    IMG_20191109_1149216.jpg
    763.3 KB · Views: 24
@NorthernCosmos had the same leaves at start and I concur with the dampness the leaves get at that level close to the soil, they start taking up water through the leaves.
The verdict from the grow-gurus was clear: those huge soil-hugging salad leaves at the bottom had to go to let some air in. I suppose they had contributed handsomely with photosynthesis for the first three to four weeks...(?)

I havn't watered since Tuesday and I'm Promix HP which is supposed to have fabulous drainage! Bottom of the pots are still a little wet though. Lights are up at 24" from canopy. The TO Cookies plant was very droopy yesterday. I recognized the symptoms from the first time I let them all dry out after transplant so I did give it 1L of water, just enough for some surface moisture but not enough to get to the bottom where it was still wet and it perked right up an hour later.

On the upside all the leaves seem to look healthier in colour as in a no more light green or magnesium deficiency signs since adding Calmag. Growth is starting to pick back up again I just need to sort out watering. I don't think they have the root systems yet to really drink up a full pot worth of watering so when I fully water everytime the bottoms are just constantly soaking wet.

After reading some of Emily's stuff I think I need to flush to start fresh and then lightly water the tops like I did yesterday intermediately until the bottom of the pots dry out and then fully water. until the roots grow enough to return to only full watering. Also going to cut nutes in half.

Attached before and after 1L of water for TO Cookies.
Overwatered. Don’t water until completely dry. Even with pro mix hp you still need a wet dry cycle. She is pointing at her roots.

They look way better Deecee. You were definitely over watering them and a bit too much nutes. If they are heavy when you pick them up don't water, Wait til the bags get lighter, They like to go a bit dry the roots.

@DeeCee112 what is your rh in your grow space. I have not watered in two days and my plants were outside today in the 70s with rh about 50.

40 to 50 RH and 22 to 24 celsius.

I flushed Blue Dream which is the worst one of the bunch last night with 7 or 8 gallons of water. She didn't die over night but she is looking very sad my poor plant! Tonight or tomorrow once they fully dry out the other three will get 4 or 5 gallons for a light flush I think as they aren't too bad. Quick questions should I be putting in half dose nutes right after the flush since the Promix is nutrient-less, or is there enough stores in the plant to go until the next feed?

Attachments

• IMG_20191111_0727504.jpg
    IMG_20191111_0727504.jpg
    883.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20191111_0727405.jpg
    IMG_20191111_0727405.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 25
I truly dislike Windows 10 and make every computer that has it look as much like Windows 7 as I can. Disable Edge and Cortana and tiles and all the phone-home apps built in now. All my personal computers run Windows 7 and will for a few more years, support or no.
Now this I can keep up with. But wait where is Shed? :ciao:
I'm rarely here on the weekends these days, but I'm back on Monday mornings (my time!).
The leaves twisting in shape is genetic, but the rest looks like the roots are having a hard time with the water. I don't think you're over-nuting though.
I'm Promix HP which is supposed to have fabulous drainage!
It does, but the roots need to fill the pot as well. ProMix HP will still retain a lot of moisture in a pot with a small root mass. That's why it's important to water the plant as if it was in a smaller pot when you first transplant, not to the edge of the new pot (where there are no roots yet).
Quick questions should I be putting in half dose nutes right after the flush since the Promix is nutrient-less, or is there enough stores in the plant to go until the next feed?
Full-strength nutes are your last gallon of water when you flush. Turn the fans on high and aim them down and let's see how they do as they dry out.

Back
Top Bottom