InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Once you put a wet piece of paper in a ziplock, doesn't it flatten around the paper and essentially seal itself? Mine did. I needed to put something in the opening to keep it from doing everything short of zipping itself closed!
I wet the folded paper towel, inside that goes the unbleached coffee filter. Filter is to avoid bleach from paper towel and the weave is tight and keeps sprout from binding to paper. It is not so wet as to seal and the ziplock is unzipped to allow oxygen to reach seed.

I wet the folded paper towel, inside that goes the unbleached coffee filter. Filter is to avoid bleach from paper towel and the weave is tight and keeps sprout from binding to paper. It is not so wet as to seal and the ziplock is unzipped to allow oxygen to reach seed.

@dynamo1 I'll be using your coffee filter method next time around, sounds good. I have used the folded paper towels way without the plastic bag for awhile now. Just put on a dish in the dresser draw for darkness. I use a heating pad if it's to cold, plus towel on top of the pad. Didn't want to cook them. :rollit:

@dynamo1 I'll be using your coffee filter method next time around, sounds good. I have used the folded paper towels way without the plastic bag for awhile now. Just put on a dish in the dresser draw for darkness. I use a heating pad if it's to cold, plus towel on top of the pad. Didn't want to cook them.
:welcome: to my journal and the :420: website MsBean! I'm glad to have you along for the ride here, and I'm sure you will find the 420 community a great place to live, learn, and share. :high-five:

I have actually cooked a couple of seeds on top of my DVR, and now I put a coaster under the water bowls to get the seeds off the heat when they sink!

oh yeah - i forgot to include in my method that it’s all done on a heatmat, aiming for low 20ºs C :)
Isn't that like 60f :hmmmm:

Oops no that's 70..dbl and add 30 Chris :nerd-with-glasses:

I've had my best luck with seeds in distilled water for 48 hours in complete darkness at 78-80f. After 48 hours they go into my coco solo cups in complete darkness for 48 hours of darkness still at 78f. This gets that root going straight down and starts to shoot off before any light helps its head pop out. makes for a strong seedling. I think I got the idea from cultivator. Only he does it in hefty trash bags under lights for warmth.

I've had my best luck with seeds in distilled water for 48 hours in complete darkness at 78-80f. After 48 hours they go into my coco solo cups in complete darkness for 48 hours of darkness still at 78f. This gets that root going straight down and starts to shoot off before any light helps its head pop out. makes for a strong seedling. I think I got the idea from cultivator. Only he does it in hefty trash bags under lights for warmth.
Well I'm close to that now. Distilled water, check. Complete darkness, check. 78-80ºF, check. I look at them every 12 hours or so (based on my working/sleeping schedule), and when they get a tap, they go into peat. But from then on the peat is under the CFL as I want that sprout to see light the second it breaks ground, so it can go directly into the sun. Assuming the sun is out that day!

Don't look at them until 48 hours. Pull them regardless if they have splits, taps or nothing. Put in your peat pucks and keep in the dark for another 48 hours. Then put them in light. Moist is all you need until heads pop. Then I give them 20m/l of 1/8 strength nutes with cal mag. For about a week or 2. Works the best for me and creates a very healthy seedling. I've had my problems with all the other ways and this is my best % of healthy seedlings.

Don't look at them until 48 hours. Pull them regardless if they have splits, taps or nothing. Put in your peat pucks and keep in the dark for another 48 hours. Then put them in light. Moist is all you need until heads pop. Then I give them 20m/l of 1/8 strength nutes with cal mag. For about a week or 2. Works the best for me and creates a very healthy seedling. I've had my problems with all the other ways and this is my best % of healthy seedlings.

I've read in a few places that seeds can drown if left in water over 24hrs? No idea if this is true.

I had some bad seeds I got from Seedsman, Garden of Green was the breeder it was Super Critical Bud CBD out of 8 seeds only 2 germinated when I tried the Gold Leaf seeds no probable those all germinated so it can be bad seeds too. Seedsman did send me two 5 packs because they didn't germ. Great customer service, As long as Seedsman or 420 has the seeds I want I will buy from them. I originally bought a 5 pack and got 3 free so they sent me two 5 packs to replace them That's Great support from a great sponsor

Back
Top Bottom