InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

If they are an 8 oz packet of boveda 62 8 oz I believe does up to 1 oz of dry bud .
You mean 8 Gram packet and 60 gram Boveda packaging.

Cool, then by putting 1 67 gram packet per 1/2 gallon jar should be plenty... :)
Yes. Boveda says using extra product helps to mitigate moisture loss better. You can't use too much Boveda but you can use too little.

Whachya going to cook?
My educated guess would be BREAD
dynamo is correct! I'm trying my first attempt at home made sourdough bread, but I am sure it will not look or taste even remotely like his, seen here!

I'll post some pics of the process when it's done.
I have 5. They are awsome.
Season that baby up!!
It's pre-seasoned, for her pleasure! And mine I guess :). It's 5.5qt and damn heavy, which is why we don't have any cast iron in the house. My wife won't use it, so it will be dedicated to bread making, assuming this time isn't an abject dream-killing demotivating failure! We'll see...

dynamo is correct! I'm trying my first attempt at home made sourdough bread, but I am sure it will not look or taste even remotely like dynamo's, seen here!

I'll post some pics of the process when it's done.

It's pre-seasoned, for her pleasure! And mine I guess :). It's 5.5qt and damn heavy, which is why we don't have any cast iron in the house. My wife won't use it, so it will be dedicated to bread making, assuming this time isn't an abject dream-killing demotivating failure! We'll see...
First time never counts unless its a good run. Then it counts. Lol.
Don't get discouraged.

My largest is a 15 1/2 qt.( camping only) Lol. I have a glass top stove. I know one day my cast iron is going to take it out.

Bread huh? Alaskans love sourdough. Hope it come out good!
Me too! Not hopeful though...
First time never counts unless its a good run. Then it counts. Lol.
Don't get discouraged.
My largest is a 15 1/2 qt.( camping only) Lol. I have a glass top stove. I know one day my cast iron is going to take it out.
I'm in the turn-and-fold time now but it's not rising at all between the folding. I even have the oven on to heat the kitchen so it's not that. Maybe I should knead instead. We'll see if it rises during the "proving" time.

15.5 qt must weigh 40 pounds. :eek: Not easy to carry to the campsite! Maybe cast iron is the cause of the shoulder issues?

Wish your stove top good luck for me :)
My mom used to cook, is that really the right word for making bread?, bread in her stove oven its so tasty with just real butter on.
Got the munchies for it now...
Sounds delish! Butter or dipped in olive oil. Or if it's really good, sandwiches. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Rises during proofing. You want to do the window pane method to see if you've kneaded enough.
Are you doing a single or double proof?
4-24 hours to raise. Longer times for stronger flavor. 75-80° proofing temp.

Rises during proofing. You want to do the window pane method to see if you've kneaded enough.
Are you doing a single or double proof?
4-24 hours to raise. Longer times for stronger flavor. 75-80° proofing temp.
Can he proof in the Dutch oven?

Can he proof in the Dutch oven?
Not sure. I think smooth bowls allow the dough to raise without getting caught in the micro- crevices of the cast iron. His is a new piece so I'm thinking it has a slightly rougher finish than my 20+ yr old stuff. He could certainly try it.

I think there is also a cold proofing method for sourdough......

Back
Top Bottom