InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Congrats on the harvest! :high-five:

That oil sounds like it will be perfect!

Need to keep a few of them jumping spiders as pets. LoL A little caterpillar killin' army. LoL

Can't believe that wash bucket!! :eek:

Looks like you had an eventful weekend; I hope to be following suit... Brooklyn Sunrise started throwing out a few amber tric's. Any day now....

Stay lifted homie!
:passitleft:
Thanks P9! That wash bucket is something else:eek:. Wish I had more of those jumping spiders but I don't think they find their way into the tight spots that caterpillars seem to. A lot less foliage on a lime tree.

Looking forward to the smoke report on the Brooklyn :thumb:.
Sounds interesting to me. I'll take a seat and chill.
All the best with the grow!
This looks interesting i love oils!
Will have to catch up on how u make it when i got time to read your thread.
Welcome to the show GB! No reason to read from the beginning, it's a lot of dead clones! You can pick up right here because it's all new plants now. When you're ready for your next batch of oil, PM me and I'll send you detailed instructions rather than trying to find it in this ongoing mess I call my thread. Or if I can find it I'll post a link inline.
Congratulations shed on the harvest! The clones still look good! :)
Thanks Crazy! Oh, those cuttings look like that for weeks ;).

Congrats on the harvest........

I know I've said it before,,, but I use the Spinosad on my plants for caterpillars... You can spray once,, and you don't have to get both sides of the leaves either, 2 to 3 weeks before harvest,, and you won't see a one.. Most sprays don't last that long. You got to spray your plants every 4-5 days. I, as a rule, spray my outdoor girls once about Sept 7th,, and don't see any worms come Oct first harvests. Good stuff;

Garden Naturals* Collection

Have faith my friend,, them clones look happy. I swear this time your going to get 100% outta that cloner. I dip mine and that's it,, tap water and wait acouple weeks,,,.

I use to use a product called Vitagrow for cloning,,, but I think they pulled it off the shelf?? ,,so I'm going back with Olivia’s. Good price and works fine. I've used it before,, way back. It was some of the first gel I ever bought.. But I've also used nothing, and got roots. But the ambient temps dropping and should help with the cuttings..... GL and Keepem Green

Phew! That was a long read. First off I'm interested to see the rooting rate with 247 misters. Science! And yes the dilution formula was very good indeed! ... one of the questions on my test actually. Have to know how much to dilute the distillate with terpenes and such.

Congrats on the huge summer haul man. Lol I start my autos in a solo cup just incase they spog. Luckily I was able to pollinate mine. No use In spending 4 months growing 1/2 bowl of smoke lmao.

The peyote critical should be a really nice one. The resin production on the purple peyote is pretty unreal! Hope that translates to a great pheno.

No news is hood news with the lawyer I assume. Hope you have. Great week bud

Thanks P9! That wash bucket is something else:eek:. Wish I had more of those jumping spiders but I don't think they find their way into the tight spots that caterpillars seem to. A lot less foliage on a lime tree.

Looking forward to the smoke report on the Brooklyn :thumb:.

Welcome to the show GB! No reason to read from the beginning, it's a lot of dead clones! You can pick up right here because it's all new plants now. When you're ready for your next batch of oil, PM me and I'll send you detailed instructions rather than trying to find it in this ongoing mess I call my thread. Or if I can find it I'll post a link inline.

Thanks Crazy! Oh, those cuttings look like that for week ;).
Thanks bro.
Will appreciate you sending the link.
Have made oil with 96% vodka before and evaporated the alc as best i could.
Find it messy and a waist when oil sticks to everything.
I've just popped my first CBD strain ever.
Kush and cookies. THC 2 CBD 1:1
Want to make oil and edibles with it and OBVIOUSLY taste it!!! Dah!!

Things will start happening more on my tread from about 20th Oct.

Congrats on the harvest........

I know I've said it before,,, but I use the Spinosad on my plants for caterpillars... You can spray once,, and you don't have to get both sides of the leaves either, 2 to 3 weeks before harvest,, and you won't see a one.. Most sprays don't last that long. You got to spray your plants every 4-5 days. I, as a rule, spray my outdoor girls once about Sept 7th,, and don't see any worms come Oct first harvests. Good stuff;

Garden Naturals* Collection

Have faith my friend,, them clones look happy. I swear this time your going to get 100% outta that cloner. I dip mine and that's it,, tap water and wait acouple weeks,,,.

I use to use a product called Vitagrow for cloning,,, but I think they pulled it off the shelf?? ,,so I'm going back with Olivia’s. Good price and works fine. I've used it before,, way back. It was some of the first gel I ever bought.. But I've also used nothing, and got roots. But the ambient temps dropping and should help with the cuttings..... GL and Keepem Green
Thanks Norcali! Since I switched the pump to 1 min on /15 mins off the water is staying much cooler. Being on 24 hours straight made it impossible to keep the temp down. I'll check to see what's going on in there tomorrow if I remember my reading glasses when I head outside :).

I've got spinosad and BT which both work on caterpillars. I'll probably stick with neem and BT for veg and save the spinosad for flowering. I've got a lot more than just caterpillars to deal with though!

Phew! That was a long read. First off I'm interested to see the rooting rate with 247 misters. Science! And yes the dilution formula was very good indeed! ... one of the questions on my test actually. Have to know how much to dilute the distillate with terpenes and such.
Congrats on the huge summer haul man. Lol I start my autos in a solo cup just incase they spog. Luckily I was able to pollinate mine. No use In spending 4 months growing 1/2 bowl of smoke lmao.
The peyote critical should be a really nice one. The resin production on the purple peyote is pretty unreal! Hope that translates to a great pheno.
No news is hood news with the lawyer I assume. Hope you have. Great week bud
Thanks for stopping by Them! If I see roots at the bottom of that BT in the 1 gallon I may feel compelled to up-pot against my better judgement. At least the BT2 is in the 7 gallon.

No sprout yet on the PC but I'm hoping it's up by tonight with everyone telling me how great it is! Pics when it happens.
Thanks bro.
Will appreciate you sending the link.
Have made oil with 96% vodka before and evaporated the alc as best i could.
Find it messy and a waist when oil sticks to everything.
I've just popped my first CBD strain ever.
Kush and cookies. THC 2 CBD 1:1
Want to make oil and edibles with it and OBVIOUSLY taste it!!! Dah!!
Things will start happening more on my tread from about 20th Oct.
I haven't made QWET for two reasons...first is I can't get anything stronger than 151 proof in CA, and second, without a distiller all the alcohol is gone in the end! Seems like an expensive proposition. Also I have no need for shatter.

The oils I make are for capsules, edibles, and topical use. I use extra virgin olive oil (EVOO for short) for capsules and gummies (though newty uses avocado oil for her gummies), butter for cookies, and a 50/50 blend of pumpkin seed and grapeseed oils for my topical. Can't find my write-up for last time I did oil so I'll pull something together and post it here and make sure to @you in that post so you'll see it. Do you have a Magical Butter machine or crock pot or are you thinking of doing the infusion in the oven?

Thanks Norcali! Since I switched the pump to 1 min on /15 mins off the water is staying much cooler. Being on 24 hours straight made it impossible to keep the temp down. I'll check to see what's going on in there tomorrow if I remember my reading glasses when I head outside :).

I've got spinosad and BT which both work on caterpillars. I'll probably stick with neem and BT for veg and save the spinosad for flowering. I've got a lot more than just caterpillars to deal with though!

Thanks for stopping by Them! If I see roots at the bottom of that BT in the 1 gallon I may feel compelled to up-pot against my better judgement. At least the BT2 is in the 7 gallon.

No sprout yet on the PC but I'm hoping it's up by tonight with everyone telling me how great it is! Pics when it happens.

I haven't made QWET for two reasons...first is I can't get anything stronger than 151 proof in CA, and second, without a distiller all the alcohol is gone in the end! Seems like an expensive proposition. Also I have no need for shatter.

The oils I make are for capsules, edibles, and topical use. I use extra virgin olive oil (EVOO for short) for capsules and gummies (though newty uses avocado oil for her gummies), butter for cookies, and a 50/50 blend of pumpkin seed and grapeseed oils for my topical. Can't find my write-up for last time I did oil so I'll pull something together and post it here and make sure to @you in that post so you'll see it. Do you have a Magical Butter machine or crock pot or are you thinking of doing the infusion in the oven?
Slow cooker. I put water in it. Then a bowl in that with dry herb and coconut oil.
As i dont eat butter. Or dairy.
Often play with edibles. Brownies and the likes.
I also have a small hand rosin press to make dabs. Would like to cook with dabs.

Thanks bro. I'll be following along here.

Congrats on your harvest Shed... hard to grow outdoors for sure. Weather is unpredictable.

I wouldn't have anything if I grew outside this year. Month of September here, rained every day torrential mostly cept 2 days. Yes 2 days no rain and I think only had sun, 1 day. October pretty much the same had 2 days of partly sunny so far. No go for pretty much anything you wanna grow.

I’ve been using Cap’t Jacks Dead Bug lately on my outside girl. Had Thrips and something that was burrowing in the stem making leaves and buds fall off. It’s spinosad and all signs of pest is limited to old growth now. Clear checks of leaves since first application. Being outside....would you guys recommend I continue to use it through harvest? Says it’s ok. Or should I just leave her alone unless she starts showing signs of something else going on?

Yes can use spinosad thru to harvest. It's the only thing I will use on flowers. It's not a pesticide its a bacteria.

It kills bus on contact and also by ingestion:

"It kills insects by hyperexcitation of the insect nervous system."

It has been tested and approved for use on tobacco. However tobacco isn't exactly the gold standard for health. Food for though there for sure. That said spinosad is used on tobacco that is consumed by smoking and approved by the FDA.

I for one, have a higher bar than tobacco for my health concerns. I will use spinosad all thru the life cycle of my cannabis plants and generally stop in flower a few weeks before harvest. Main reason is I don't want it to affect the flavor and will usually but not always spray my plants without it (rinse in the few weeks prior to harvest.

Shed - love your cloninator - if its taking more than a few weeks take the plants out and run water and bleach thru it over night. Not a lot of bleach. Someone here gave me that tip and it works. Every time I run clones, if I don't do the bleach water clean it takes FOR EVER to get roots. It's faster in a jar of plain water.

Sub'd for the flowers

20181005_083229.jpg

Congrats on your harvest Shed... hard to grow outdoors for sure. Weather is unpredictable.
I wouldn't have anything if I grew outside this year. Month of September here, rained every day torrential mostly cept 2 days. Yes 2 days no rain and I think only had sun, 1 day. October pretty much the same had 2 days of partly sunny so far. No go for pretty much anything you wanna grow.
Yes can use spinosad thru to harvest. It's the only thing I will use on flowers. It's not a pesticide its a bacteria.
It kills bus on contact and also by ingestion:
"It kills insects by hyperexcitation of the insect nervous system."
It has been tested and approved for use on tobacco. However tobacco isn't exactly the gold standard for health. Food for though there for sure. That said spinosad is used on tobacco that is consumed by smoking and approved by the FDA.
I for one, have a higher bar than tobacco for my health concerns. I will use spinosad all thru the life cycle of my cannabis plants and generally stop in flower a few weeks before harvest. Main reason is I don't want it to affect the flavor and will usually but not always spray my plants without it (rinse in the few weeks prior to harvest.
Shed - love your cloninator - if its taking more than a few weeks take the plants out and run water and bleach thru it over night. Not a lot of bleach. Someone here gave me that tip and it works. Every time I run clones, if I don't do the bleach water clean it takes FOR EVER to get roots. It's faster in a jar of plain water.
Sub'd for the flowers
Sorry to hear about your weather bob. If I didn't live in a sunny climate I don't think growing would have occurred to me. I never realized how many folks were tent growing until I did online searching after I started outdoors.

I stop spinosad about two weeks before harvest because I read the half life on leaves in the sun is 2-16 days. But I don't think I have a sprayer that would have gotten to where these caterpillars were hiding!

Great idea on the cloninator clean-out :thumb:. I usually just hose off the pump but after this batch I will run it with a mild bleach solution.
Hold my beer. ;)
You mean it will transplanted by the time I get home????

Sorry to hear about your weather bob. If I didn't live in a sunny climate I don't think growing would have occurred to me. I never realized how many folks were tent growing until I did online searching after I started outdoors.

I stop spinosad about two weeks before harvest because I read the half life on leaves in the sun is 2-16 days. But I don't think I have a sprayer that would have gotten to where these caterpillars were hiding!

Great idea on the cloninator clean-out :thumb:. I usually just hose off the pump but after this batch I will run it with a mild bleach solution.

You mean it will transplanted by the time I get home????

LOL

Obviously nobody held your beer, or nobody didn't and neither did anyone else!
very nice cut!!!!!!!!
I’m happy to see the AK out of the shed and into the bowl! :high-five:
Of course now it's back in the shed, hanging on the strings drying because it's too much to fit in a box. I've got two fans on high in there now because it's never going to get dryer than 70% in there anyway. Thanks Lowded!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I got home and the Blue Treacle Freacle had not been transplanted, but I found this:

And finally, a bottom that looked like this:

So of course I had to do this:

Peyote Critical day 1, now in ProMix HP with extra mykos, watered with distilled. Grow baby grow!

Peyote Critical. Is that Barney’s Farm? I like em’ when they’re young :yahoo: Haha that sounds wrong. I happen to have a little plant that’s about to start stretching itself. It’s 24carat from Mephisto. I planted this thing with the intention of giving it to a buddy. It’s in coco and I just know he’ll kill it. It’d be a waste as he’s a soil grower for like 30 years haha

Peyote Critical. Is that Barney’s Farm? I like em’ when they’re young :yahoo: Haha that sounds wrong. I happen to have a little plant that’s about to start stretching itself. It’s 24carat from Mephisto. I planted this thing with the intention of giving it to a buddy. It’s in coco and I just know he’ll kill it. It’d be a waste as he’s a soil grower for like 30 years haha
Welcome Archiweedies! Yup, that's a Barney's seed. I know if someone gave me a plant in coco I'd forget to water it twice a day and it would never catch up! You and the plant are better off if you hang on to it :).

Haha I made coconut oil with a plant that had bugs and I just couldn’t bring myself to eat that stuff hahaha. I’ve been using the magical butter machine simple but now that I got their decarb box, I’m pumped to try again. In the past my canna oil seemed weak. I also lack a gallbladder, so that could be a prob as well.
I use a spreadsheet created by Oldbear that will calculate the strength of the oil your making so you'll know if it's going to do what you want. I can PM you the whole instructions if you're interested!

Back
Top Bottom