InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks Archi! I remember reading when I first started with autos that, if you were gentle with the root ball, you could move it into the same medium when it was dry and the plant might not notice. But still, is that a chance to take given it's already throwing pistils? I'll wait a few days and see if it's drying out quickly before I decide. I really never thought it was going to look this healthy when I put it in the 1 gallon pot!

Why not? It will get rootbound, as the water roots circle the perimeter of that plastic pot. Lateral root growth is not being encouraged while those roots keep growing.

Personally, I would drop it into a hempy bucket with 100% perlite.
:passitleft:

Transplanting AUTOs... same as any other plant. IF you do it right there's very little stress involved.

I am under the impression that when AUTOs main root hits btm then it triggers flowering.

I'm not too sure about that, it kinda goes in line with a lot of stoner science. Not too much actual science out there that I have found....

I wood just transplant if thats what you wanna do. The point to transplanting is bigger plant?? I'd go for it, cant really hurt anything as long as you are careful transplanting.

I've transplanted flowering cannabis plants that were 3-4 feel tall and root bound. They seemed happier pretty much right away and never skipped a beat.

Can't really see what the difference is between AUTO and PHOTO flowering with regards to transplanting. I've grown a fair amount of both types of plants. I always just grow AUTOs in a #3 nursery pot and up-pot seedlings to that #3 final container. Reason is I don't get any benefit going to a larger container, so less work for me.

Transplanting AUTOs... same as any other plant. IF you do it right there's very little stress involved.
I am under the impression that when AUTOs main root hits btm then it triggers flowering.
I'm not too sure about that, it kinda goes in line with a lot of stoner science. Not too much actual science out there that I have found....
I wood just transplant if thats what you wanna do. The point to transplanting is bigger plant?? I'd go for it, cant really hurt anything as long as you are careful transplanting.
I've transplanted flowering cannabis plants that were 3-4 feel tall and root bound. They seemed happier pretty much right away and never skipped a beat.
Can't really see what the difference is between AUTO and PHOTO flowering with regards to transplanting. I've grown a fair amount of both types of plants. I always just grow AUTOs in a #3 nursery pot and up-pot seedlings to that #3 final container. Reason is I don't get any benefit going to a larger container, so less work for me.
That's an excellent point about transplanting a photo in flower. At that stage it's on a similar schedule to an auto. Thanks for that bob!

I think I'll transplant it using the inverse sand-castle method (forming the soil around an empty pot and then sliding the rootball into the perfectly sized hole) and hope there are enough roots in there to hold it together. Or I can cut the pot first and see. If there aren't I can do the cut-and-slide method. Either way, steady as she goes.

I normally go into 7 gallons from sprout with autos but this one seemed like it was barely hanging on so I didn't want to waste the space. Oops!

In terms of the stoner science about autos going into flower when the tap root hits the bottom was disproven by @flytier, when he made tall smart pots and the autos flowered around 30 some-odd days having never gotten close to the bottom of the pot. It always seemed like an odd idea to begin with, as if ruderalis plants grow in pots in the wild.

Waking up early tomorrow to get this thing up-potted!

I’m with bob.

If its good and dry enough to slide out of it’s 1 gal cleanly then the inverse sand castle will work a treat I reckon.

And will have an even better chance of success if you remember to sprinkle the mycorrhizae in the hole and on the root ball generously before it goes in ;)

I think you’ll get a bigger plant than leaving it in the 1 gal (which you would have to water all the time anyway :rolleyes::D). I’ve read in reputable places that a lot of root growth happens in early flower, on a photo-period plant at least. I would hazard a guess that the same goes here. DO it so we can all know :slide:

I’m with bob.

If its good and dry enough to slide out of it’s 1 gal cleanly then the inverse sand castle will work a treat I reckon.

And will have an even better chance of success if you remember to sprinkle the mycorrhizae in the hole and on the root ball generously before it goes in ;)

I think you’ll get a bigger plant than leaving it in the 1 gal (which you would have to water all the time anyway :rolleyes::D). I’ve read in reputable places that a lot of root growth happens in early flower, on a photo-period plant at least. I would hazard a guess that the same goes here. DO it so we can all know :slide:
In the name of Science! And for @Scientific who hasn't been seen since he was disqualified from January's MOTM.
I revise my suggestion to wait, did not realize it's an auto. I've learned not to stress my DDA auto's or they will flower immediately .:Namaste:
Wait dynamo, I'm confused. You already said don't transplant and now it sounds like you're saying it again!

Back
Top Bottom