InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Merry Christmas Shed and Co.
Thanks nobody! Happy Boxing Day :).
Hey guys, I survived. Got up 5:30, went for a coffee, spent the rest of the day in bed.
No anxiety attack like last year.
:welldone:

Merry Christmas shed
Thanks Itibiti! I hope it was a good one for you and your family!

Boiled down some leaves and got surprisingly fried. reduced to hunt and peck typing
:welldone:

How you doing today Shed? How was Hollywood?
Busy! Movie was a hit with everyone but me. I thought it was trying too hard to emulate the original. Then we went off on a wild goose chase for dinner but no one wants to hear that long boring story!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings on Boxing Day! I hope you all had a happy Christmas doing more things you wanted to do than things you didn't with more people you wanted to be with than people you didn't ;).

Yesterday I took a look at the Candidas, which have been stretching too much because they're under a CFL on the heat mat in the house, and I knew it was time to stop treating them as babies and start treating them as plants. So I took @FelipeBlu's advice and went with a FIM, and I took @Heavenly Hybrid's advice and went with a top for the other one.

I topped the taller one and FIMmed the shorter one. Here they were on Christmas pre-scissors:

I've never FIMmed before so I have no idea if this is right:

And this morning it seemed a bit dried out and dead. Is that what's supposed to happen?

Here is the topped one this morning.

Just for the record, today is day 29 so they were topped on day 28, 4 weeks. I put them in the shed last night to get real light and cold roots (60º on the floor) rather than CFL light and 80º roots.

And I thought I would show you the Peyote Critical top I took, now sporting roots!

Here it is with the top from the Candida from yesterday:

That's my Wednesday update! Of to read about your holiday experiences...

Here's my two Autocross sisters. I spread the branches on the slinky one for better lighting and the largest bud is about the side of my thumb.

I'm going to look into defoliating the bushy one in a few minutes; maybe I'll be able to see what the popcorn buds are looking like.

Attachments

• 20181226_160537.jpg
    20181226_160537.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20181226_160517.jpg
    20181226_160517.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 19
Here's my two Autocross sisters. I spread the branches on the slinky one for better lighting and the largest bud is about the side of my thumb.

I'm going to look into defoliating the bushy one in a few minutes; maybe I'll be able to see what the popcorn buds are looking like.
Don't defoliate that plant! It doesn't have that many leaves to begin with that you want to lose any sugar production. Let it be.

Oof! Ask for input first :).
I know, but this time of year my thoughts aren't straight. But they're not smoking plants anyway, they're broodstock. All full of seeds too, by the way.

Fair 'nuff, but the leaves produce the energy. Most defoliation I see here is completely overdone because growers watch newty and others strip their plants and then do what they see, not knowing how specific that type of defol is and the reasoning behind it. As a general rule, if you can see the soil/pot/floor when looking down through the top, you took too much!

Fair 'nuff, but the leaves produce the energy. Most defoliation I see here is completely overdone because growers watch newty and others strip their plants and then do what they see, not knowing how specific that type of defol is and the reasoning behind it. As a general rule, if you can see the soil/pot/floor when looking down through the top, you took too much!
Geez, now wherever would I have gotten the idea to defol that way? Hmm...

Back
Top Bottom