InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

The MC dissolved well but I refused to break out the pH pen yesterday! I'll check the pH next time for you, but it may be a while before my vegging plants need any H2O.
How soon will it take do you think before you know the theory works? My inexperience to the subject may lead me to believe 'theory' is not the right term.

Grow Hack: Day and Night Growroom Temperatures
I'll put the driver back on the floor and see if that helps.
[of course that only works with lights on but it should raise the temps higher during the day so maybe they wont drop as far at night]
How soon will it take do you think before you know the theory works? My inexperience to the subject may lead me to believe 'theory' is not the right term.
When I see something bad happen to my flowering three. If not then I'm moving on from pH'ing my nutes permanently.

OK so Negative DIF is referring to differential. Colder day temps than night. Making plants have lower internodal growth length.
I always try and keep my dif within 15, which required me to run the LEDS with the HID to getter a higher inside temp during winter. It killed my RH.
So, just using the HID now and running at 72 day and 65 night. Getting some dew but no powdery mildew. Great article.

OK so Negative DIF is referring to differential. Colder day temps than night. Making plants have lower internodal growth length.
I always try and keep my dif within 15, which required me to run the LEDS with the HID to getter a higher inside temp during winter. It killed my RH.
So, just using the HID now and running at 72 day and 65 night. Getting some dew but no powdery mildew. Great article.
Well my differential is pretty small as it doesn't get much higher than 65º at the peak. But that article says 60º should be the bottom and I'm under that. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just use the tent for a dark space...then I can put the Candidas under the Samsungs at night. Might have to rethink the org chart!
Wow, time to leave the bowl alone... had to edit that three times to make sense to me.
LOL!

I hope it’s okay to pop in with a quick question for you Shed. What sized pots would you recommend for some in-tent autos (for my new 4x4)? My available options are 2G, 3G, or 5G? Second question, I have my auto that is in a 1G currently
DA2FB531-AA72-48A9-B140-F3B401E222A0.jpegB5FA2F9E-4730-4B56-9D7B-CFEBD4D762F6.jpegDA1DE548-E81C-4C40-9ECA-1FA8647721D7.jpeg
I was thinking of up potting to a 2G. It doesn’t seem like it’s that much larger, is it even worth it? Should I go larger/leave it in the 1G? I appreciate your opinion when you have a sec.

I'll let you know how I did my Autos and Shed can give you his answer at halftime. I use 5gal for my autos and four fit nicely in my 4x4. The trick is to get them to their final pot as soon as possible. Autos don't like stress.
I would probably uppot to 3gal min but again my pref on those would be 5gal. Obviously Shed knows you and your grow better than me but that's how I did it fwiw.

I'll let you know how I did my Autos and Shed can give you his answer at halftime. I use 5gal for my autos and four fit nicely in my 4x4. The trick is to get them to their final pot as soon as possible. Autos don't like stress.
I would probably uppot to 3gal min but again my pref on those would be 5gal. Obviously Shed knows you and your grow better than me but that's how I did it fwiw.
Awesome! Thanks MrS :thanks:

Well I came here expecting roofing opinions from Homer but I'm highly disappointed ;).

I hope it’s okay to pop in with a quick question for you Shed. What sized pots would you recommend for some in-tent autos (for my new 4x4)? My available options are 2G, 3G, or 5G? Second question, I have my auto that is in a 1G currently
I was thinking of up potting to a 2G. It doesn’t seem like it’s that much larger, is it even worth it? Should I go larger/leave it in the 1G? I appreciate your opinion when you have a sec.
Ask any questions any time double H! It's why we're here :).

I wouldn't bother going from a 1 to a 2 but a 3 would be fine if you're doing it in flower (and there's less root growth from here on out). If you're starting new ones I'd go with MrS' suggestion of 5g as he has the same size tent and knows what fits. I plant autos in 7g but I could probably use 5g if I owned any!
I'll let you know how I did my Autos and Shed can give you his answer at halftime.
Halftime was more interesting than the game!

Well I came here expecting roofing opinions from Homer but I'm highly disappointed ;).

Ask any questions any time double H! It's why we're here :).

I wouldn't bother going from a 1 to a 2 but a 3 would be fine if you're doing it in flower (and there's less root growth from here on out). If you're starting new ones I'd go with MrS' suggestion of 5g as he has the same size tent and knows what fits. I plant autos in 7g but I could probably use 5g if I owned any!

Halftime was more interesting than the game!
Cool, thank you! I up potted the auto to a 3g, but it didn’t go all that well. We’ll see over the next day or two. :oops: The other autos are in solo cups, so I want to get them into some forever pots ASAP. I’ll do as many in 5G as I can. Thank you for the advice Shed and @MrSauga! :high-five:
Sorry about your Rams Shed. Worst Super Bowl ever IMO. :confused:

Sorry about your Rams Shed. Worst Super Bowl ever IMO.
Seriously...I almost fell asleep a few times. Certainly not the game anyone was hoping for, result notwithstanding!

I'm sure the auto will be fine after the transplant. Worse thing that happens is you slow it down a bit, but this is all part of the learning curve. Each grow should improve on the last...with the lessons learned. Don't get to caught up in the weeds ;).

Seriously...I almost fell asleep a few times. Certainly not the game anyone was hoping for, result notwithstanding!

I'm sure the auto will be fine after the transplant. Worse thing that happens is you slow it down a bit, but this is all part of the learning curve. Each grow should improve on the last...with the lessons learned. Don't get to caught up in the weeds ;).
Thank you. :) I also transplanted my smaller blackberry kush and that one did go well. I said to my hub, at least I’m 1:2 instead of 0:2.
Lol, I wouldn’t blame you if you did fall asleep! I didn’t even watch the last quarter of the game. I did some gardening instead and I’m not upset about it one bit. :thumb:

You know, now that you mention it, temp may have been the problem I was having, but I don't think it was. I flushed out my two trouble girls and within 24 hours they were bouncing back strong. Any ways, I remember reading somewhere about opposing day and night temps producing positive results, but I'm not sure what they were (it was a while ago). G W E has a nice bit on temps but seems you're past the rudimentary basics of growing.

Space heater? Just to keep the temps around 60-65? Maybe you could rig a thermostat to trigger the space heater, so you're not just blasting heat all night...?

Most heaters come with a rudimentary thermostat built in though, so test it out sometime and see how low you can set it and keep the heat in the mid 60s.

For me, once my tent comes tomorrow I'm working on a plan on how to make sure everyone has temps they're happy with...probably means a lot more shifting of plants for now with the rain. Once I get it sorted I'll update here of course!

Back
Top Bottom