InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

darn,, was tryin to be post 10000, missed,,

might i post a thot,, this item put into my brain by a journal somewhere recently,, i completely forget where,, perhaps here,, dunno

recycling grow room exhaust air.

my grow room is in an outbuilding, a studio, and for years i have simply been directing my exhaust outside the building,, out the back in summer to get rid of heat and under the building in winter to help a tiny bit with keeping the place warmer

it never really occurred to me before,, using the air i am exhausting outside,, to help heat the whole room inside

i had the idea to be able to just turn a dial and redirect the air into my studio space, but that proved too difficult,,,

my exhaust exits with part flex dryer vent hose , so i have it so i just disconnect from the floor exit and connect to a hose that directs into the studio space.

i am sure y'all get exactly what i mean.ha

anyhoo, just a thot to look into possibly salvaging some heat during this ridiculous weather

spring was here,, got scared away,,

cheers friends,,

darn,, was tryin to be post 10000, missed,,
might i post a thot,, this item put into my brain by a journal somewhere recently,, i completely forget where,, perhaps here,, dunno
recycling grow room exhaust air.
my grow room is in an outbuilding, a studio, and for years i have simply been directing my exhaust outside the building,, out the back in summer to get rid of heat and under the building in winter to help a tiny bit with keeping the place warmer
it never really occurred to me before,, using the air i am exhausting outside,, to help heat the whole room inside
i had the idea to be able to just turn a dial and redirect the air into my studio space, but that proved too difficult,,,
my exhaust exits with part flex dryer vent hose , so i have it so i just disconnect from the floor exit and connect to a hose that directs into the studio space.
i am sure y'all get exactly what i mean.ha
anyhoo, just a thot to look into possibly salvaging some heat during this ridiculous weather
spring was here,, got scared away,,
cheers friends,,
Thanks for the idea nivek! The shed is a closed space with no ventilation at all though :). (At least not this time of year. When the weather get warmer I open the window in the door.) That's why it stays warmi(ish) when the lights are on. Flowering in there with 12 hours of dark at night became the problem.

I know that Van Stank is cycling air from one tent to another to deal with temps and RH in his basement and that Preston9mm doesn't vent his to the outside this time of year.

If you're starting new ones I'd go with MrS' suggestion of 5g as he has the same size tent and knows what fits. I plant autos in 7g but I could probably use 5g if I owned any!
The reason I say 5, is I used 4 x 7gal on the first grow. Took up way too much floor space. Hard to move plants in and out as well. The 5gal produced the same size plants, no rootbound, albeit the water schedule changes as you have to water maybe a day sooner than you would with a 7gal. I ran photos in the 7gal.

Halftime was more interesting than the game!
It was OK til the shirt came off!
Questions or comments welcome!
The chart is pretty.

cool shedster,, pardon the puney pun,,

possibly useful info for all those others in the shed,,

i am a hetro male,,oldish too,, i thot the only interesting part of the halftime show was when he did take his shirt off

i'd jam with that anytime,, his whole body is a work of art (i bet)

lol, just enough. It's actually a good chart. Still pretty too!
I did one up real quick just now for Shed as well. I hope you find it useful.
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/random-photo-dumps.459695/post-4324082
Great flowchart MrS. I've done none of those things to protect myself when on the roof, and I work up there in slides (no socks though...I need some grip)!
I know it will be allot of moving of the plants but it would help keep some temps in the root zone and just moving them will let them breath some and help keep your bud rot problem at bay.
It's going to be pretty tight in that 2x4 tent at night but I just got some clip on fans to help with airflow. By the time they're really in flower I'm hoping the weather will have shifted a bit. Thanks Derby!
Nice update and plan shed!!!
Thanks Mushie! I better start getting to bed earlier so I can wake up in time to allow for all that shuffling in the mornings...

We've got some 40s coming up, so I'm hoping the lights will keep the veg kids happy. I may run them all night and skip the dark period. Mr Krip has been posting some good info on cannabis and light periods over in Penny's thread.

I do remember that bit by Ed. I think I started with the Auto's and just left the schedule for the tents at 18/6. I'ma go change that right quick!

Shed: this is Fly’s wife. I know you’re probably worried about him but he is ok. Email me at for a favour.
He loves and misses you guys. ❤️❤️:peace::passitleft:
I'd edit that email in a few dear

Not good posting things like that and it's against policy

Pm is better

Back
Top Bottom