InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks HG! Please don't read this whole journal. Unless you're spending a lot of time in the bathroom like the colonoscopy is tomorrow!

I'm hoping that AK flowers like its grandma from last spring (that would be October's POTM ;)).

Don't Worry Shed. I honestly don't know when I hopped on this journal, but it's a good read. I'd have to get two colonoscopys back to back to get from page 1 to here :eek: No thank you.

Necessity being the mother of invention. We're going to have to call you Necessity because you're one mother of invention. Gonna be a tough nickname. Sweet tent
Tough to type! And next year I flip in March :).
Maybe you’ll get some of those cold temp flowering colours! :D;)
If they don't stall out first from the cold o_O.
:thumb: Hooray for the new tent debut!!
Smoosh pics tomorrow! Also I have to figure out how to carry them from the shed to the tent in the dark :eek:.
Don't Worry Shed. I honestly don't know when I hopped on this journal, but it's a good read. I'd have to get two colonoscopys back to back to get from page 1 to here :eek: No thank you.
Definitely not worth it.
I was going to change my lights and then I got high...
It's got to wear off sometime!

Afternoon otter!

Sorry about the lack of updates here folks. With the cold and the rain, the plants are never outside, which is where the photography happens. This morning it was 46º outside (8ºC), so even though it was sunny, the plants stayed put.

However staying put just became a little different, so here's a Wednesday update of what's happening...

Yesterday, my new tent arrived! It took 3 minutes to get the poles together and another 10 to figure out that I needed to move the couch and coffee table out of the living room to sort out the cover! Here it is all done:

And here it is with the Candidas, the AK clone (on the far right), and the Bedroom Cookies (tucked in the back between the Candidas):

That's the MarsHydro 300 hanging in there about 24" off the tops. I've also got two clip fans on top aimed down, and another fan outside blowing into one of those rectangular flap openings. I have no idea how the three big flowering plants are going to fit in there at night, but fit they must until the nighttime temps in the shed improve.

Note to anyone getting a 2x4...it won't fit three 10g pots unless you quadline no wider than the edge of the pot!

And speaking of the shed, I bought another roll of that reflective insulation ($44 for 4'x25'). I needed to make the oval longer to make room for the plants, though the edges of the plants are no longer under the directly under the strips. I also cut down the old oval and made a double thick pad for the floor.

I lowered the light a bit because - since I raised it on flip day - it's not doing as good a job keeping the temps up. And with lights off last night the temp dropped into the high 40s. Today is the first day to execute the flow chart.

That's what I've got! Stay tuned tomorrow for pics of the three biggies smooshed in the tent :).
I’d move the light over to the right just a tad make sure your hitting it all buddy besides that this is going to be fun to watch .

Over to the right you mean? I actually only care about the Candidas so I centered it over them. That AK is a clone that will probably be flowering in the fall if I'm lucky.
No the clone shouldn’t need as much light right now anyways, but the two bigger ones that light could go over a tad to the right ? again what I would do anyways just thinking out loud bud

I’d move the light over to the right just a tad make sure your hitting it all buddy besides that this is going to be fun to watch .
Also remember that if height becomes an issue shed you can fold those silver wires that hang your lights in half this would allow you to more head height . Or you can do what I do and hang them and connect rachet hangers right to the light sure four used buy now you can angle lights and customize it better . Lots of ways just really trying to share things I’ve learned in case your not aware even though your a smart one sharing is caring right ?

Oh gotcha! I'll check it again when I get home. Thanks Joe!

I'm really waiting on the Mars SP-250 but I don't know how long it take them to get those out. That should cover end to end in there. Well, I'm really waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer...I am supposed to be growing outside.
Nice shed did you buy that light or sponsored ? I think you will
Be happy with it I can’t tell you how much more intense My 76.8 watt fusion board is over any of my other lights . The intensity is real bud.

Fun times to be had im sure . :Namaste:

Great suggestions! All new to me since this is my first tent :). I do think height might be an issue with the new light. This one I have run as close as 12" without burning anything, but it's only drawing around 115 watts.

Nice shed did you buy that light or sponsored ? I think you will
Be happy with it I can’t tell you how much more intense My 76.8 watt fusion board is over any of my other lights . The intensity is real bud. Fun times to be had im sure .
That light came the hard way...I earned it! It was the big MOTY prize :). My main light is in the shed. Those are the Samsung strips I have at 300 watts now. I may crank it a bit higher just to generate some damn heat in there!

Great suggestions! All new to me since this is my first tent :). I do think height might be an issue with the new light. This one I have run as close as 12" without burning anything, but it's only drawing around 115 watts.

That light came the hard way...I earned it! It was the big MOTY prize :). My main light is in the shed. Those are the Samsung strips I have at 300 watts now. I may crank it a bit higher just to generate some damn heat in there!
Yeah the mars hydro actually draws aroud 120 watts I belive bud

I’ve had my mars hydro to 10 “ no issues out a fan blowing in flower between tops and lights let’s you bring down the light closer if you can monitor that temp .

Nice tent my friend

How ya liking the Candida so far??

I have a mystery cross of it in flower now, stretching like a champ

Back
Top Bottom