InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I have never seen anyone use coconut puree in a topical. It doesn't seem like it would be something that would absorb into the skin.

And where are the links, since you already did the work :).
Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's a lot more like a paste than an oil, but it's pretty oily when heated up. I think I should be able to infuse it the same at least.

At room temps it's gonna be paste again, so try smearing it on your skin and see if it's a good thing. Personally I'd pass. Why waste the weed on that when you know what will actually work?

The point of topicals is to be in a carrier oil that moves the THC into the top layer of the skin rather than sit on top. This is why the research has been done into the best carrier oils. Grapeseed is much better and available everywhere, even where Derby lives!

At room temps it's gonna be paste again, so try smearing it on your skin and see if it's a good thing. Personally I'd pass. Why waste the weed on that when you know what will actually work?

The point of topicals is to be in a carrier oil that moves the THC into the top layer of the skin rather than sit on top. This is why the research has been done into the best carrier oils. Grapeseed is much better and available everywhere, even where Derby lives!
Yeah I am just going to be using some trim I already processed for bubble hash, just to keep things going to waste. I was thinking about making a tincture too, but that would mean buying alcohol. This was already up in my cupboard so that's it's only plus lol

I am not sure how I would use it as an edible either.
As an edible you would decarb and infuse the coco butter and then put it in whatever you normally would.
Yeah I am just going to be using some trim I already processed for bubble hash, just to keep things going to waste. I was thinking about making a tincture too, but that would mean buying alcohol. This was already up in my cupboard so that's it's only plus lol
I wouldn't waste my trim hash on that just because I wanted to use up something in the cabinet! Pick up some grapeseed oil tomorrow and use that. Unless you want to infuse and eat the coco butter. I'd say not for topicals though.

As an edible you would decarb and infuse the coco butter and then put it in whatever you normally would.

I wouldn't waste my trim hash on that just because I wanted to use up something in the cabinet! Pick up some grapeseed oil tomorrow and use that. Unless you want to infuse and eat the coco butter. I'd say not for topicals though.
Oh not the hash, just the left over trim. I can't do more than two or three runs in the bags so I know there is still some good stuff in the trim.

I would probably just have to eat a ton of it for any benefit. Edibles don't do much for me, so I have just been thinking of another way to use it topicals or tinctures have come to mind.

I am not really sure what recipes I could use the coconut butter in either. I usually just make rice crispies with cannabis infused butter, but I think they'd taste pretty coconutty with this. Plus the edibles just make me sleepy if anything, so looking for something I could use it in that would give me more medicinal use than being a tasty snack that might make me sleepy :p

Grape. Seed. Oil. :cool:
I have never really heard of grape-seed oil. Is it easy to find? I dunno where this coconut butter stuff even came from, sister gifted it to me.

Any thoughts on topical vs tincture? This stuff won't be terribly high potency after I extracted bubblehash out of it so I wonder how beneficial it will be either way, but seems like alcohol would have a better chance extracting more of what's left. But I would also need to spend more a bottle of alcohol than grape-seed oil I'm betting

Oh sorry, I missed that this was post-ice trim. QWET will definitely be the way to go to get off what's left. And when you're done with the evap to tincture strength, you'll know how strong it is!

Yes, Everclear is more expensive than the best grapeseed oil you can buy, but with the leftovers it's a better way to go. You only need enough to cover the trim. Here is Grandpa's method for QWET:
Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

And I would gift-wrap the coco butter and give it back to your sister...the gift that keeps on giving!

Oh sorry, I missed that this was post-ice trim. QWET will definitely be the way to go to get off what's left. And when you're done with the evap to tincture strength, you'll know how strong it is!

Yes, Everclear is more expensive than the best grapeseed oil you can buy, but with the leftovers it's a better way to go. You only need enough to cover the trim. Here is Grandpa's method for QWET:
Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

And I would gift-wrap the coco butter and give it back to your sister...the gift that keeps on giving!
Haha sadly it isn't even as good as I thought. The top was nice and white, the bottom was get brown :cough:

I am gonna hold out for the Everclear then. I might even be able to get the full 190 proof, but might be limited to 151.

Tinctures seem really cool. I like the sublingual idea. I have tried them with glycerin before but maybe whoever made them didn't make them well, because I never noticed any effects.

I think the tinctures work best with alcohol if you can stand the burn! 151 is okay but 190 is better. Evaps much faster as well. We can't get it here in CA though.
I am looking around at guides and they're all quite different. How much are you supposed to evaporate it for tincture? I have made hash oil with alcohol like that before and evaporated it until it was shatter/oil so I am guessing just a tad before that while it's still liquid, but reduced down for added potency?

Yeah I have to take a road trip for the 190 but can get it. I don't think I will mind the burn as long as it's effective. Edibles have always been disappointing, so the sublingual concept is enticing.

Tough to know if it's going to be effective because you don't really know what's left after the bubble wash. You could get a loupe on the trim and try get an idea of the leftover trichomes vs when you harvested. The other option is put this back in the freezer and add it to some fresh trim from the next harvest and just boost the tincture that you know will work.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too, but I bet there's a good amount left. I only did two passes in the bubble bags, and only a few minutes of agitation each time. Just going on experience I think there's another run's worth of hash in it at least.

That's the thing I hate about bubble, it's so labor intensive and takes so much ice, it's hard to get the 3-4 runs you need to get everything. I have a herniated disc which makes making it torturous, but it's the best medicine I have for my cyclical vomiting. I think I got the idea in my head having a topical for the back pain would cover my bases, but I dunno how effective a topical ointment would be on a herniated disc.

I use to do QWISO and that was a lot less work, but I got a little nervous about leaving residue in my meds as well as filling the house with alcohol fumes. Just remembered that was the whole reason I switched to bubble bags, so maybe alcohol tincture wouldn't be such a good idea, unless a long evaporation is ok?

99% iso? A lot of people do that though they say QWET is safer if there is anything left over. What about dry ice hash? Much easier on the back, but I don't know what % of trichomes you get vs bubble.

Extraction Showdown - Bubble Hash vs. Dry-Ice Hash! | Grow Weed Easy
Yeah I always get the 99% but I got to thinking about whether that extra 1% was actually water or like how much PPM is industrial lubcricant or something crazy. I just noticed no matter how good the run was, dabbing it would leave some weird black residue behind.

But mostly I have bad ventilation and got paranoid about blowing myself up.

The dry-ice method seems prettttty easy, I almost gave it a shot this go round. Have heard some say it has an off taste though.

Back
Top Bottom